PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning!!

MelanieAnn
12-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Last night me, my SIL and (maybe future) SIL were eating at Denny's. We all got sick. I have been going to the bathroom every 5 minutes, and I threw up twice. I haven't eaten anything but jello, I'm so nauseous. Right now I don't feel as sick, but I have a temp. of 101.9.

Hopefully I will be better in the morning.

mimi37
12-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Hope you all feel better soon.

nosamiam
12-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Have you called the restaurant to let them know you got sick?

Judy
12-24-2003, 10:17 PM
(((MelanieAnn)))
I hope you just have a 24 hour thing:(
In the mean time be sure to take in enough fluids.
My hubby had food poisoning from a sub shop a few years ago and he started to bleed internally it got so bad. He was in bed so sick for over a week.
If your not A LOT better in the morning try to get yourself to an ER. This can be very serious. Take it from me-I know.

MelanieAnn
12-24-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks. I called them this morning after I was throwing up. All they said is that they'll have the district manager call me. Yeah, when? Geez. I have just been drinking ice water and sucking on ice all day, so I would at least get some liquids.

I plan on going to ER if I don't get much better, though I don't really have the $50 for our co-pay.

Ughhh I would be asleep by now if it weren't for some neighbors playing LOUD music. I feel like calling the cops.

EricsnKy
12-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Wow - I hope you feel better soon. And please listen to the advice of others, if you do not feel better you really do need to see a doctor. Food Posioning can be very very bad....

suher99
12-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Hope you're feeling better! I had food posioning. I had just had my wisdom teeth pulled, and DH took us out and I was so hungry, I ordered a lemon meringe pie. I knew the meringe tasted funny, but I didn't realize it til I was half way through. I told the waitress and we went home, and all I will say is I ended up in ER. I never ever want to get food posioning again!

zitra
12-25-2003, 06:07 PM
((((HUGS))))

MelanieAnn
12-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Thanks for caring. ;)

I am all better except for a headache!

kelsie126
12-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Food poisoning does not cause a fever at all so most likely you have a bug.

moogle
12-28-2003, 08:56 AM
From someone who has had food poisoning before - you're not just throwing up.....you generally have diarrhea also. The time I had it
the worst, my stomach was so bloated I thought it would pop, I had the shakes, I was dizzy, I was weak. It was horrible!

Hope you're feeling better!

dcut4
12-28-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by kelsie126
Food poisoning does not cause a fever at all so most likely you have a bug.

food poisoning CAN cause a fever. If a fever is present it usually indicates a viral transmission of food poisoning. There are MANY different types of food poisoning and symptoms and time of onset are different for each. But I agree a bug is also very likely, that time of year.

kelsie126
12-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Hope u are feeling better!

MelanieAnn
12-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Thanks, I am all better now. :D

charlahinkle
12-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better,

As a former fast food manager, I can tell you you really really need to contact the local health department and let them know that you got sick, that you are not positive that you got sick from that restaurant, but several family members who were with you also got sick. Let them know that that was the only meal you shared with the family, or if it wasn't the only meal you shared.

It is amazing how many people will blame a restaurant when in fact it was something they ate at home first. But if it was the restaurant it is a matter of public saftey that they get a thourough health inspection and depending on the food poisoning type, that they know to issue a possible recall.

It also helps your management staff to know they have issues with training somewhere for cross contamination to occur, or that someone is undercooking food, leaving it out to long, etc.

Contacting the health dept. or going to the er normally requires a stool sample so they can tell what type of bacterium or virus caused the illness, and they can trace the exact food item causing the illness.

Major pain in the toosh, but if it keeps anyone else from getting sick, small children/ elderly, it is worth it.

Charla

charlahinkle
12-30-2003, 05:03 PM
ooops, double posted