PDA

View Full Version : some of you may flame me for this but..........

ladybreaker
12-23-2003, 10:55 PM
.........if i see 1 more post about how someone's upset that they are getting too many gifts,shopped too much,or has too many different family's homes to choose to go to for christmas i think i'm gonna SCREAM!!!!!!!

now,before you flame me,please let me explain!! :( we have no gifts for our kids this year--not 1 single thing.when i tried to get some type of help,i was told i was too late,so,i tried modest needs--nothing there either and they basically said that,unless someone would donate specifically(sp?) for my family for the holidays,they can't help either! we had a rough couple of months around here that was made worse with a terrible bout of infectious bronchitis hitting all 5 of us and no medical insurance.we didn't even have thanksgiving dinner because we could not afford a turkey! the kids were great about it and i promised them a big turkey for christmas--well--that's not gonna happen now either! we are on disability and,for some reason,have not received a check for 3 weeks.we are 1,200 miles from the nearest family member so there is no "let's go to grandma's house for dinner".my kids are so upset by all of this!!they have always had something to open on christmas and they know they won't this year and that hurts me more than you could imagine! i have told them that when the checks start to come again,that i will get them thier gifts a little at a time but it's just not the same!! i could go on but i'm crying again so i'm going to stop now.thanks for listening!! and--THIS POST WAS NOT DIRECTED TOWARD ANYONE IN PARTICULAR!!!!!

ladybreaker

mimi37
12-23-2003, 11:08 PM
{{{{{ladybreaker}}}}}

Suz*e*
12-23-2003, 11:20 PM
E-mail me @ suzannexoxo@yahoo.com I have an idea, thanks!

DBackFan
12-24-2003, 05:15 AM
Do you have paypal? I would love to buy you a Turkey :)

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-24-2003, 05:25 AM
As DBF, I have a little paypal, I would like to buy you some dinner trimmings. Please let us know.

morris2b
12-24-2003, 07:25 AM
Please let us know if you have PayPal, I will help as well....

ChristiNate
12-24-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by morris2b
Please let us know if you have PayPal, I will help as well....

Me too!

~Christi

chyna123
12-24-2003, 08:30 AM
Pm me..I would like to help also if you have paypal.....thanks

wyozozo
12-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Count me in for a little bit too....just need an addy. PM me please!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/x18.gif

As for your original post:

.........if i see 1 more post about how someone's upset that they are getting too many gifts,shopped too much,or has too many different family's homes to choose to go to for christmas i think i'm gonna SCREAM!!!!!!!

I'm in agreement. I just lost my mother last week and many others on this board have posted about deaths in their family. We wish we had more family to spend Christmas with. I'm 500 miles away from my nearest relative. Thank goodness my dad lives nearby.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/43.gif

KATinKY
12-24-2003, 10:24 AM
(((ladybreaker)

BeanieLuvR
12-24-2003, 10:47 AM
{{{{ladybreaker}}}}

Princess4J
12-24-2003, 11:01 AM
{{{LADYBREAKER}}}

I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TROUBLES.

Sunseekr
12-24-2003, 11:04 AM
I think that a lot of us here know how you feel. It is hard to be sad when there are so many happy people around you. It seems as if the whole world is celebrating and you and your family are on the sidelines just watching. I have felt it. And I feel your pain. Maybe you and your kids can still have a fun Holiday. Draw some holiday pictures together, make some hot chocolate (if you can) Sing some holiday music.
Some of my best memories of Christmas were the ones when money was tight. It's the Love you give sometimes, not just the gifts. Your in my prayers..... maybe it will help.

monii222
12-24-2003, 11:06 AM
((((((((ladybreaker))))))))

ezmoney163
12-24-2003, 07:43 PM
I would like to help too,
I do not have much paypal but it is yours whatever I have. OK!!! PM me!!!

christy461
12-24-2003, 08:42 PM
PM me,too. I just read your post - I can help a little. How old are your kids?

Someone please explain the pm part-I don't want to miss the message.

DBackFan
12-24-2003, 08:48 PM
PM is a private message sent through the boards here. Sadly she has not responded so none of us have been able to help. :(

ladybreaker
12-24-2003, 08:56 PM
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU KIND OFFERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am pleased to say------i don't need them!! :D i received an unexpected check in the mail today and it covered christmas gifts and dinner!!!i sat at my mailbox and had myself a good cry--happy tears this time!!you all are fantastic and i do appreciate the offers of help and the hugs!!they helped more than you can know!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

ladybreaker

twinkiesmom
12-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Merry Christmas!!

christy461
12-24-2003, 09:00 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBackFan
12-24-2003, 09:05 PM
ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas everyone! Bless you ladybreaker! :D

BeanieLuvR
12-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Merry Christmas! Praise God for meeting your needs. :) That`s wonderful news.

jonette5
12-24-2003, 10:37 PM
WHOOO HOOOO LADYBREAKER THAT IS GOOD NEWS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

mimi37
12-24-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm glad things worked out for you. Merry Christmas:)

jcw
12-24-2003, 11:05 PM
That is great news. Have your self a great christmas

ttistin
12-25-2003, 01:51 PM
{{{HUGS}}}} It really is the season for miracles, I am so happy for you and your family!!

Dh's boss was a miracle to us this year. We have all been sick, dh has been to er twice already, it has been rough. We spent a lot of money on meds this week and didnt have any money for a christmas dinner or for any extra gifts for the kids. Well dh's boss called us up tuesday night and asked us if we needed anything at the store, we said well maybe some soup and juices. Well she took it apon herself to buy us christmas dinner including a 22lb turkey, a 10lb ham and all the fixings. Needless to say I was bawling like a baby when she dropped it all off yesterday afternoon, We told her we will pay her for all it friday when dh gets paid, she said dont worry about it. that is what christmas is for.

Yes this is the season for miracles, :) :) I hope everyone has recieved a miracle this year. Merry Christmas to everyone!!