PDA

View Full Version : My little niece has the flu

magicwoman19
12-21-2003, 12:11 PM
My mom called, she is staying at my sisters right now, she said last night Ashleigh was playing and then all of a sudden, went and crawled into my sisters lap, looked up at her and throw up all over her. Then she went limp and wouldn't move. So she called her medical card people and they said to call the ambulance and take her asap to the hospital. There they did the nose swap and blood work. It came back that she has both A and B flu types. They sent her home at 6 am on this flu med called TruFlu and an antibotic cause she has a ear infection. Mom said they were so scared, she turned gray and looked like she was going to die. She was a premie when she was born, and the ER doc asked why she didn't get a flu shot. Well her doctor told my sister she didn't need one! I can't believe she is that sick. How awful for her.

Now my mom is scared to come back her tuesday, cause she is afraid she will bring it with her and then savannah get it, and since Savannah has been so sick, she don't want her to get it. I am going to ask Savannah's doctor tomorrow!

bloomingdasee
12-21-2003, 12:21 PM
wow scary-- i got both my boys the flu shot, hope it helps

GeThang
12-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Oh now. I sure hope she gets to feeling better. This flu is baaad. I am not feeling well today, and that scares me. I don't want it :( but I am afraid it is working on me.

good luck to the little one.

fatesfaery
12-21-2003, 11:21 PM
The flu this year is so scary. My 19 month old grandson was also a preemie..he had the flu even through he had a flu shot.
Ian's never even been allowed to stay in daycare, or anywhere there would be a lot of other kids. His doctors seem to extremely careful about the possibility of him catching anything.

gloria96
12-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Hope she gets to feeling better soon. This flu stuff is just awful.

Me and both kids got flu shots in Oct. Didnt keep me from getting it, and DD is sick right now with a cold that is getting worse, hoping the shot will help her, though.

Merry99%
12-22-2003, 01:17 AM
Praying she will be well soon.

tsquared
12-22-2003, 05:02 AM
That sucks big time......hope your neice gets better soon almost time for Santa to arrive and we cant have a sick little girl when he comes!!!

ajksmom
12-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Hope your neice is feeling better, my DD Kali has it but we caught it fast. The ER doc put her on Amantadine which has really helped get her feeling better fast. Now she just has a cough but is feeling much better.