PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Disection...

Mini
12-19-2003, 05:00 PM
http://www.froguts.com/flash_content/index.html

I didn't like doing the frog last year(thank gosh no more science for me!) it wasn't bad just..the thought of cutting a frog up. Anyways, it must be a new site because the only things you can disect is the frog, squid(i think it was) and owl pellet.

BTW this is not a cartoon or joke;)

nanajoanie
12-19-2003, 05:06 PM
EEWWWWW!!! I just assumed this was going to be a cartoon or a joke. You never know. Thanks for the post anyway.

fatesfaery
12-19-2003, 05:09 PM
If the frog bothered you....don't ever take a college microbiology course........you graduate from frogs to cats..........

suziebee20
12-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Oh gosh, we disected frogs two years ago and I started crying so much they had to send me home... I was a sophmore in biology then. This is kinda neat, but I took one look at it and yuck! hehe.

bethsheree
12-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by fatesfaery
If the frog bothered you....don't ever take a college microbiology course........you graduate from frogs to cats..........

Yeah I just took animal anatomy and physiology and she brought in cats for us to dissect.I couldn't bring myself to cut on them.I did stay and watch,but I was not about to cut on them.Ughhh.
They had to do this in human anatomy and physiology as well.

Victorious
12-19-2003, 06:16 PM
LMBO! I did this with my 3rd, 4th and 5th graders at school. THEY LOVED IT! They ask every week ... Can we disect something else? :rolleyes: :D

fatesfaery
12-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by bethsheree
Yeah I just took animal anatomy and physiology and she brought in cats for us to dissect.I couldn't bring myself to cut on them.I did stay and watch,but I was not about to cut on them.Ughhh.
They had to do this in human anatomy and physiology as well.

I took human physiology and anatomy as two separate courses. The only disection I had to do was in microbiology.

dobiesnj
12-19-2003, 06:56 PM
My daughter just started her first year at college as a veterinary technician major. In lab, they had to learn about the muscle groups of a cat (The dissection stuff starts next semester). Her biggest complaint? Not that it was too gross or upsetting or anything else, just that she had the fattest cat in the class and it was a pain to cut to get to the muscles!! Like I told her, it could only happen to you!! :D

Unicornmom77
12-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Wow that was awsome! It wasnt near as gross as doing it for real! It was very informative! THNAKS

bethsheree
12-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by dobiesnj
My daughter just started her first year at college as a veterinary technician major. In lab, they had to learn about the muscle groups of a cat (The dissection stuff starts next semester). Her biggest complaint? Not that it was too gross or upsetting or anything else, just that she had the fattest cat in the class and it was a pain to cut to get to the muscles!! Like I told her, it could only happen to you!! :D

Yeah that's what I'm in school for,so I guess that's why we had to do it,but the human a&p people had to do it as well.