PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning an lcd monitor?

Shancopp
12-17-2003, 06:19 AM
Can you clean it with windex or cleaner? That's how I cleaned my old (big) one......Just curious.... Hubby says you're not supposed to touch them..but someone has been w/ all these fingerprints all over it!
Thanks!

adair
12-17-2003, 08:45 AM
I found this:

LCD displays are some of the most expensive computer monitors on the market so if you’re fortunate enough own one you should do your best to keep the display in tip-top shape. Since the displays are more sensitive than their CRT counterparts extra care needs to be used to clean the screens. Instead of using paper towels or, an old rag you should invest a few extra bucks in a lint-free micro fiber cloth. These clothes are readily available at most car supply stores such as Pep Boys and are composed of tiny crevices that pick up the dirt and hold them in microscopic pockets. By storing the dirt and dust particles in these pockets, the towel keeps you from scratching the LCD’s sensitive screen with the dirt that you were trying to wipe off. To further enhance the look of your monitor use an Apple approved alcohol free cleaning formula developed by Klearscreen.

MamaFairal
12-17-2003, 08:46 AM
We have LCD monitors at work and "NO" your not suppose to touch them.
It can tear the screen behind if ya do....(seen it happen as an example at work)
At work we lightly dust with soft feather duster.
HTH :)

sinned96
12-17-2003, 09:58 AM
here it the Klear screen starter kit for for 9.99 on ebay. Its 29.99 in most stores
LINK REMOVED - per the forum rules, do not post links to ebay auctions (it is considered as advertising)
I'm going to order one for my laptop

sinned96
12-17-2003, 10:45 PM
Just a question how can it be advertising if it's not my auction.

sinned96
12-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Ok I read it the rules and there is a typo in the rules it should be 'an ebay' not 'and ebay' Also ebay is spelled with a small 'e' not a capital 'E'

Promoting links to and EBay auction or other auction site (this is considered advertising), unless you are posting about your auction in the For Sale/Trade area of the BigBigSavings Forums.