PDA

View Full Version : The flu and toys

mesue
12-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone to wipe the boxes and the toy if exposed to open air to wipe the toys with hot soapy cloth or antibacterial cloth. Today while at Walmart there was a lady with the flu coughing all over the toys in the baby section, this made realize that these toys will be bought and given to children and none of the parents will know that these toys were exposed to this coughing woman who coughed into her hand then picked up toys to look at. Many of these toys were exposed to the open air, rattlers, stuffed animals, etc., it made me so furious but really I'm sure it is not just her, sick employees who have to work and customers who just don't have the sense to stay away from such products and people when sick.

Ladytiger
12-13-2003, 02:25 PM
Oh gag! That's why I like to shop online!

cpbaby
12-13-2003, 02:31 PM
I KNOW thats how my youngest got the chicken pox. He was going to my MIL's during the day and was in NO contact with other children except his brother. (That one had the chicken pox twice before so he didnt have them) I am convinced the baby got them from gnawing on a shopping cart handle or something like that.

mesue
12-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Just bumping for the evening crowd.