PDA

View Full Version : It is Snowing and Sticking Fast!

GeThang
12-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Oh my goodness. It is snowing, and it is sticking like super fast. this was definitely not in the weather forecast, and still isn't. I love snow! I have to go to work tonight, so maybe it will be less hectic.

evrita
12-13-2003, 01:51 PM
We have a Nor Easter coming in again

Kyla Kym
12-13-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm so jealous. We had a nasty wet mess of ice fallen last night, but no snow.

GeThang
12-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Boy, I don't know if this is going to be safe or not to drive in. They're talking ice accumulation tonight.

I have been taking pics of the snow. I may not be able to get them posted until tomorrow because hubby has to find a USB cable for my camera.

Kyla Kym
12-13-2003, 02:24 PM
gethang you should get you a card reader so you don't have to worry about keeping up with that cable. :) You can download the pictures a whole lot faster to that way than with a cable.

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by GeThang
Oh my goodness. It is snowing, and it is sticking like super fast. this was definitely not in the weather forecast, and still isn't. I love snow! I have to go to work tonight, so maybe it will be less hectic.

I'm still waiting! No fair you're in Ohio too Ginger,send some back to me!

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-13-2003, 02:28 PM
I just checked my weather bug...SNOW TONIGHT!!! :D And a little tomorrow.It changed because that wasn't there last night.

GeThang
12-13-2003, 02:30 PM
LOL Kyla, I accidentally caught one with the vacuum cleaner. It was sort of stuck under the desk somewhere, and I sucked up part of it. Chewed it to high heaven. LOL :) That is a good idea though.

DAVESBABYDOLL, :)the weather is so wierd where I am at. It was just 60 a few days ago, now it is 28 and snowing. It is the joys of living on the Ohio river, we get EVERYTHING. LOL

rugratsX2
12-13-2003, 02:33 PM
We are getting up to 2 feet Sunday into Monday. And we got 4 inches last night and 5 inches are supposed to fall tonight. And it is not even winter yet!

cpbaby
12-13-2003, 02:33 PM
It snowed this morning here. Then it sleeted, then snowed, now its raining. I am waiting to see what happens next.

Ahh, Kentucky weather.... If you dont like it, wait 15 minutes, it will change.:rolleyes:

Unicornmom77
12-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cpbaby
It snowed this morning here. Then it sleeted, then snowed, now its raining. I am waiting to see what happens next.

Ahh, Kentucky weather.... If you dont like it, wait 15 minutes, it will change.:rolleyes:

Yup! I am right on the Ohio and its funny weather in my part of Kentucky too!

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-13-2003, 02:58 PM
When does winter actually start?

GeThang
12-13-2003, 03:03 PM
I am nervous about going to work. My husband is stuck out at his mom and dad's because there was a wreck on their road.

jdglmg
12-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DAVESBABYDOLL
When does winter actually start?

Winter starts on December 21, officially, if I am not mistaken.

leewill72
12-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by jdglmg
Winter starts on December 21, officially, if I am not mistaken.

somebody forgot to tell the weatherman!

I am in northeast PA, we are supposed to be getting 1-2 feet either tonight or tomorrow night.

jdglmg
12-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by leewill72
somebody forgot to tell the weatherman!

I am in northeast PA, we are supposed to be getting 1-2 feet either tonight or tomorrow night.
:eek:

BTW, I am lol at your location! :D

MistyWolf
12-13-2003, 05:54 PM
No snow in Northeastern Ohio .. thank God .. lol .. and winter officially starts on the 21st.

sea-shell
12-13-2003, 06:05 PM
GeThang,

Where in Ohio are you? I live in Rogers which is not far from the river.

tsquared
12-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Snow did i hear someone say snow???????????

BigLyd1
12-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by tsquared
Snow did i hear someone say snow???????????

Isn't it snowing in Kansas? That's what they just said on the news.

ezmoney163
12-13-2003, 07:38 PM
We are ready for a big storm here. It is supposed to get bad quick. I am in northwest PA. 3 to 5 inches here pretty soon. Oh No, I hate to drive in the snow!!!!

ttistin
12-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Here next to Syracuse NY they are calling for 12 to 20 inches by monday night, it isnt supposed to start snowing till later on tomarrow. That is a lot of snow to fall in that amount of time. Boy am I happy I went to the store this morning, I can sit my happy butt right here and stay warm and dry :D

Oh did I mention I hate driving in snow:( Not because I dont know how, but because of the other people driving who dont know how to.

Tadbit
12-13-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by BigLyd1
Isn't it snowing in Kansas? That's what they just said on the news.
Yep it snowed here lastnight. We woke up to about 3 to 4 more inches than we had. The snow we got Wednesday night hadn't even melted yet. At least this second snow wasn't covering an inch of ice.

evrita
12-13-2003, 09:12 PM
YUp another 1 to 2 ft of snow geezzz dont they dont i need to get off my crutches first and i need to be able to drive!!!!!!

FreeIs4Me
12-14-2003, 04:42 PM
We just got rid of the last 12+ inches of snow :D now in the last 4 hours we are already up to 4 inches! :rolleyes: The weatherbug is saying we are supposed to have 2-4 inches, turn to rain tonight then back into snow tomorrow. Sorry, but the snow doesn't seem like it is going to change to rain any time soon & it is still tooo cold for rain!
Like every other thing any weatherman says - I don't believe it until I see it. As we say in New England - if you don't like the weather, wait a minute & it will change. LOL! :D

I just wish I could know right know whether school will be closed again tomorrow or not. Just in case, I am packing up a bunch of stuff for my DD to bring to my parents house tomorrow in case there is no school. I work at a hospital so we are open 24/7. If the hospital calls its inclement weather policy into effect (for the staff) then anyone who calls out -whether the employee is really sick or if the employee "can't" come in because of the snow- does not get paid. I can't afford to have one less day in my check! So I get to work no matter how much snow comes down!! :mad:

Ladytiger
12-14-2003, 04:45 PM
Well, it was pretty yesterday and last night. Today the kids have made angels, down to the grass and the dog's have doodied everywhere. Now we are back to slush.

evrita
12-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Same thing in my job.. I work for an ambulance company and well we dont close so no matter the weather we are there....

BearsBunny2
12-14-2003, 08:24 PM
We got about 3 inches on Tues and another 4 - 5 on Sat. I love the snow. It just amazes my how many people will drive without thier headlights on :eek:

NINK
12-14-2003, 08:53 PM
i live in ohio between columbus and cleveland, closer to clev. and we started getting snow at about 10:20 last night,and it hasn't quit yet, suppose to snow all night. hubby works construction out side, don't know if they'll work or not. they are suppose to be putting siding on a barn they built, the siding is on the ground, so first they would have to play "where is the siding" and keep walking around in the snow until they felt metal. than good luck holding slippery wet metal up straight long enough to screw it in place, especially where they have to climb a ladder. my son and daughter will probably still have school, they should be keeping the roads plowed and salted pretty well all night, and schools hate to close around here.

GeThang
12-15-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by sea-shell
GeThang,

Where in Ohio are you? I live in Rogers which is not far from the river.

Hey Sea-Shell, I'm in Ironton, right at the tip of Ohio.

GeThang
12-15-2003, 01:39 AM
My oh my, some of you guys get tons of the white stuff. Usually, we get one big one during the winter of 1ft or more. That usually happens in February or March. Now, last year, we actually got hit twice.

Last night the roads were awful though. The snow stuck so fast to the streets and the highway, that they couldn't get it cleared off. It was only 28 outside, so it started to freeze. Then, we got some ice accumulation right on top of it. It was spitting ice for a while. About midnight (around the time I was getting home from work) the temp rose a couple degrees, and it was raining. Still, that didn't help the ice situation any, and the roads were slush this morning. It was a mess, but I made it home of course. Had about 2 close calls.

tsquared
12-15-2003, 05:00 AM
Send some of that snow my way..........suspossed to snow here today 1 to 2 inches and the wind is to blow 50 tp 60 mph so i guess that means Nebraska will get all our snow....lol

texasgander
12-15-2003, 07:59 AM
If we got snow HERE....you'd hear me whoopin' and hollerin' all the way up THERE!!!! :D

GeThang
12-15-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by texasgander
If we got snow HERE....you'd hear me whoopin' and hollerin' all the way up THERE!!!! :D

LOL. It would probably be considered a wierd phenomenon if ya got snow down in Texas :) Heck, if there were snow in Texas (I don't know if there ever has been,\), I would hate to see how cold it would be up here. BRRR.

texasgander
12-16-2003, 07:41 AM
Well....we have had flurries before around this area......and I can remember when I was in elementary actually making a snowman....granted, it was kind of dirty since there was only about 1/4 inch of snow on the ground!!

MamaFairal
12-16-2003, 07:53 AM
He!! the people who cant manage to even clear their cars off at all irritate me to high he!!.Never mind turning on thier headlights

The ones who only clear a little spot on the windshield to look out of to drive .........i wanna slap them :)

Carry on.....................