PDA

View Full Version : I have a really,really silly ??????

brooks45
12-12-2003, 12:21 AM
This is almost one of the silliest things i have thought about but thought id ask all you kitchen expertise folks out there?? dont laugh either lol!!

ok!! heres my question?? I just purchased a re-conditioned tili 300 food saver at amazon!!

but!! goodgrief!! I looked at the prices of the bags and said ouch!!
so!!! I was wondering has anyone ever tryed using zip locs or glad bags to use this process or is there something special about the food saver bags that they are the only ones to work,,I have never had one so!!!! I thought would this work

well they work the same???

well!! plastic is plastic!! right!!

justme23
12-12-2003, 12:46 AM
No, they won't work. It would be nice... but they just are not 'air tight' material like the food saver bags are.

brooks45
12-12-2003, 12:52 AM
thanx!! justme123!! guess its just wishful thinking on my part!! lol!!

NINK
12-12-2003, 07:50 AM
i don't have the machine but i want one, i do know you can re-use the bags though, like if you have something large in it than take it out, you can wash out the bag and use it for something smaller. at a place i use to work they had a real profeesional one, it was so fun to play with, we put all kinds of stuff in the bags to see "what will happen if"

Missysmom
12-12-2003, 09:20 AM
I have two foodsavers, Wal-Mart sells the bags or you can buy them in rolls. I think I paid about Nine Dollars for a box of them.

ShelleyG
12-12-2003, 10:06 AM
man i wish i had one, i heard you can re-use the bags as well :)