PDA

View Full Version : Kohls Problem

fatesfaery
12-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Kohls had a 50% off sale yesterday, they also have a 15% senior citizen discount.

My mom is here visiting until Christmas, so she wanted to go.

When she checked out I was in front of her, she couldn't see the register and I wasn't paying attention.

She paid with her Visa debit card. This morning she was entering her reciepts in her checkbook. When she got to her Kohls receipt, she noticed there are 2 girls 4-6x tops on the receipt that she didn't buy(there's no one that size in our family). It's only $12, but my mom is on a limited budget so to her it is. She bought 3 women's tops and 2 Little Tykes toys for my grandkids......no childrens clothes at all.
I don't understand how this could have happened.

I called Kohls and they said to bring her purchases and the receipt back. The girl made it seem like it wouldn't be a problem, but I can just see them looking at my mom like she's trying to get something for nothing.(She's not, my mom is the most straight-laced honest person on earth)

Everyone pay attention at the check out....make sure what's on your receipt is what you actually purchased.

suziebee20
12-11-2003, 03:54 PM
That's really weird! Hope they give her her money back without causing a big hassle. I usually look over my receipts as I'm walking away. The guy at VONS the other day kept double ringing up a lot of our stuff and it took him forever to get it off since he was new there (they are still on strike and have their fill in "scab" workers).

fatesfaery
12-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by suziebee20
That's really weird! Hope they give her her money back without causing a big hassle. I usually look over my receipts as I'm walking away. The guy at VONS the other day kept double ringing up a lot of our stuff and it took him forever to get it off since he was new there (they are still on strike and have their fill in "scab" workers).

I do the same thing, and I tend to watch everything as they ring it up. I was really tired and just didn't pay attention. I can't figure out how it happened, it seems like they would have had to have a tag to scan the UPC?
The only thing I can think of is that she hit something wrong when she was keying in the 50% off.

Gumball1960
12-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Was there someone behind her with kids clothes? Maybe their stuff got rung up by accident?

fatesfaery
12-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Gumball1960
Was there someone behind her with kids clothes? Maybe their stuff got rung up by accident?

There was someone in line behind us, but these were the first two items on the receipt. The woman in front us did have childrens items, but the only thing I noticed was boys shirts and hairbands.......still, if they had been hers seems like Mama would have found them in her bag when we got home, since the cashier was putting things in the bag as she rang them up.

LOL....my mom's all paranoid now, she talked to my aunt today and my aunt told her that people who work in stores sometimes do stuff like that to steal stuff. The woman who checked us out was at least as old as my mom or older.....she didn't look like the theif type. I think it was honestly some sort of weird fluke.

Quaker_Parrots
12-11-2003, 06:05 PM
I alway check my receipts before leaving the store, but of course, I live in Michigan, and here we have a scan law that if they over charge us(if the item is marked less than what it scans) we get the difference back, plus 10 times the difference up to $5.

snow*woman
12-11-2003, 06:51 PM
maybe one of the adult shirts had the wrong size tag on it?

katzenberg
12-11-2003, 09:50 PM
`the same place yesterday my mom bought my niece some underwear and it was 3 pair for 4.05 she bought 6 pairs and she was charged 14 it should of been 8.10 plus tax .so we whent tocustomer service and they saied it should be 270 a pair but we got it for 1.50 a pairbecause a worker saied it was what was on there signs in 2 places.so finally got the diffrence back .

fatesfaery
12-11-2003, 10:12 PM
I took her and that huge heavy bag of stuff back to Kohls tonight. The lady at the service desk looked at us like we were crazy, the Manager looked at us like we were crazy......Then Mama mentioned that the lady in front of us had children's items. The manager took the receipt back in the office to pull the transaction before Mama's. The same exact two UPCS were on the transaction before ours. The Manager said that when a transaction is finished the register/computer automatically goes to the first screen for the next sale. She said apparently when the cashier was bagging items for the lady in front of us, the tags ran across the scanner and the cashier didn't notice.
They refunded the price of the two tops, so it all worked out.

Bet I pay even closer attention when checking out from now on.

suziebee20
12-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Glad you got it fixed! :D

MamaFairal
12-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Glad you got it fixed!

schsa
12-12-2003, 08:31 AM
This time of year there are loads of new cashiers who don't realize how easy it is to make mistakes especially with a scanner. Glad you got it straightened out.