PDA

View Full Version : Upset over someone stealing my kids' clothing meant for Christmas gifts

gothgirl
12-11-2003, 01:37 PM
I had just taken what little money I had in the bank last night and went and bought my kids some clothing for christmas. When I got home I put the packages in the trunk of my car. I had forgotten to lock my car that night and someone popped the trunk and took out the clothes. My kids are in bad need of new clothing for school. My child support checks stopped coming a month ago and with me not working and just barely scraping by with help from my son's SSI check it was tough to come up with enough money for them some clothes. My son is 10 and my daughter is 5 and I was going to surprise them with the clothing for christmas. Both of them are always thankful for whatever they get and now my special gifts are gone! I feel so bad and so upset that someone could do this right here in the middle of the holiday season. It is sad they have to steal from others like this. I have no more money to spend on them anything now and I just don't know what to do. I feel like crying!

ckerr4
12-11-2003, 01:43 PM
(((gothgirl)))

That's so rotten :(

LOONEYMAMA
12-11-2003, 01:50 PM
remember the reason for the season;)

mom2cvam
12-11-2003, 01:57 PM
{{{{{gothgirl}}}}}

I'm sorry someone had to do something so rotten to you. :( That is just plain terrible. :mad:

BeanieLuvR
12-11-2003, 03:35 PM
gothgirl, what size is your son? I have a 9 year old that has outgrown a lot of his clothes. He is very tall for his age so maybe some of them would fit your son. My DD is 16 so I can`t help there. That is terrible that anyone would do that. :(

Unicornmom77
12-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by mom2cvam
{{{{{gothgirl}}}}}

I'm sorry someone had to do something so rotten to you. :( That is just plain terrible. :mad:

wow....what she said

MollysLips
12-11-2003, 04:21 PM
I am sorry too I dont know what to say - wonder why anyone would steal kids clothes. :(

Azriel_LittleHawk
12-11-2003, 04:28 PM
**HUG**

snow*woman
12-11-2003, 06:29 PM
call ur car insurance co to see if you are covered for this. call ur property insurance to see if you are covered since it happened on your property.

gothgirl
12-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Thank you all for you concern and kindess in this time of need. It means so much to me and my family. I am not covered by my car insurance company for this for I only can afford to have the minimal coverage and I could not report it on property insurance since I do not own the residence I live with my parents. It has been a rough year for us all here. My father lost his job when his plant closed and I am a single mother with 2 children trying to make it from check to check. I have not been able to find work and sometimes it just becomes too much to handle sometimes. My son is ADHD/Aspergers Syndrome and sometimes dealing with it day to day takes a toll on your emotions. My ex never keeps a job long enough to keep the child support checks coming in and those stopped over a month ago. And with the holidays coming money has been so tight. I appreciate the love and friends that I have here on the boards. You are all special people. Thank you all for your kindness.

nightrider127
12-12-2003, 05:35 AM
That is so sad..

Everyone please be careful. Times are bad and this kind of stuff always picks up when the economy is like it is.

Can't you claim this loss on your parents homeowners insurance?

sharinbo
12-12-2003, 07:04 AM
WTH is wrong with people these days? To steal little kids' clothing takes someone with no heart at all. I'm not surprised anymore when I read about someone's car stereo or something being stolen from their cars, unfortunately, because it apparently has resale value on the street, but children's clothing??? What comes around, goes around Sweetie. They thief will get what they deserve in the long run. I know that doesn't make Christmas for your kids any happier though. I'm so sorry to hear about this! ((((((((gothgirl))))))))

Jaidness
12-12-2003, 07:08 AM
(((((((((((gothgirl)))))))))))))))) I hope those people that took your stuff get karma right between the eyes!

Missysmom
12-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by gothgirl
Thank you all for you concern and kindess in this time of need. It means so much to me and my family. I am not covered by my car insurance company for this for I only can afford to have the minimal coverage and I could not report it on property insurance since I do not own the residence I live with my parents. It has been a rough year for us all here. My father lost his job when his plant closed and I am a single mother with 2 children trying to make it from check to check. I have not been able to find work and sometimes it just becomes too much to handle sometimes. My son is ADHD/Aspergers Syndrome and sometimes dealing with it day to day takes a toll on your emotions. My ex never keeps a job long enough to keep the child support checks coming in and those stopped over a month ago. And with the holidays coming money has been so tight. I appreciate the love and friends that I have here on the boards. You are all special people. Thank you all for your kindness.

Last year my sons car was stolen right from our driveway in broad daylight.. This was right before Christmas and all the Christmas Gifts were taken..$1500 worth.. My Homeowners Insurance paid for everything, luckily we had all the receipts..so have your parents check their Homeowners Policy, because it should cover theft....My son, also, lives with me. I had to have the police report for the Insurance company. I won't hurt to try.. Good Luck!

Edited to add, he did get the car back 2 weeks later.

gothgirl
12-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Thank you all for your advice. I will check into my parents homeowners insurance and see if anything can be done. I sure hope this doesn't happen to anyone else this holiday season.