PDA

View Full Version : Pneumonia

shelhop
12-10-2003, 04:31 AM
Just gotta take a minute to whine. Finally went back to the doctor yesterday after being sick since the first week in November. (Went in back then, and they told me go home. I had the flu.) I found out it has turned into walking pneumonia...both lungs.
I am so miserable. Fever, headache, swollen glands, you name it. And this stupid neverending cough! ARRRGGGHHHH! Doctor wanted to admit me into the hospital, but I promised I would take it easy.
Heads up to all of you that are dealing with this upper respitory crud thats all over the place. If it carries on too long, please be smarter than me and get to the doctor. I let this go on and on, thinking it was just a virus and there was nothing they could do. I could've been on antibiotics weeks ago!

zitra
12-10-2003, 05:21 AM
((((HUGS)))) I had phneumonia last year, and the year before (folowed by pleurisy) , both time si got it in Jan. hoping it will bypass me this year....It really sucks and hope you get ot feeling better..

corkster
12-10-2003, 05:22 AM
Oh no Shelhop:( I really am sorry you're so sick and miserable! That dang pneumonia is horrid and I hope you get better soon as possible. Hard to get in Holiday mood with all that goin' on, huh? again I am sorry and wish you well

Jaidness
12-10-2003, 05:29 AM
((((((((((((((shelhop)))))))))))) hope you feel better for the holidays, nothing worse than feeling sick around this time of year.

RobMom
12-10-2003, 07:15 AM
My father had it 2 months ago and his lungs still have traces of it. It just doesn't go away. Hope you feel better soon.

callsheb
12-10-2003, 07:22 AM
hopefully because i take the Pneumonia i will be free again this year but everyone i know so far that has had this yucky flu has also taken sick with pneumonia afterwards so everyone out there please becareful and go to the doctor if you have to.

DBackFan
12-10-2003, 07:26 AM
When I went to the Dr yesterday I was on the verge of Pneumonia. I got an injection, breathing treatment and 4 presciptions and already feel I am on the mend. Not out of the woods yet but I can feel the difference. GO to the Dr!

Hope you are better soon shelhop.

Kelsey1224
12-10-2003, 07:51 AM
I had pneumonia in 2002 and then less than 10 months later in 2003. I'm hoping it bypasses me this season. Both son and hubby have been really sick with a cold...but I'm feeling okay so far.

Hugs to you shelhop...it isn't fun. I did find that the breathing treatments were the best thing for me and provided the most relief.

shelhop
12-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your hugs and well wishes. I'm trying desperately to get rest, but I have 5 kids, and did you ever notice that the worse you feel, the more they fight? Or maybe it just gets on my nerves easier when I'm sick. And it has been raining the entire day, which makes everyone feel cruddy.
The breathing treatments are helping some, and this is day two of the antibiotics, so things should be easing up soon. And now, I'm going back to bed.

Shancopp
12-10-2003, 07:04 PM
HOw can you tell the differnce between pneumonia and bronchitis? I started getting the "heavy" feeling in my chest yesterday and am miserable today...non productive cough...fever of 101 (down w/tylenol)...if I inhale to deeply, it starts to "tickle" and I end up coughing forever. I need to go to the DR. I know, but have to figure my insurance situation first.....

shelhop
12-11-2003, 04:37 AM
Other than exam and chest xrays, I don't know how you would tell the difference between bronchitis and pneumonia. I know she listened to my lungs and said they were filling up with crud...not to be graphic, but mucus that is too heavy to come out on its own. I'm not getting a lot of air right now, either.
To be honest with you, there are times I've actually felt worse when it was bronchitis. I would have horrible chest pain from it. Either way, Shancopp, I hope you can get to the doctor soon and get the medication you need.