PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody collect...

justme23
12-09-2003, 07:42 AM
... Board Games? I collect Monopoly games. I have only 6 (not including pc/console versions) right now, it's a new obsession. I *really* thought I was being obsessive compulsive about it (even tho they make a new themed Monopoly every couple of months now, I still thought it was a new thing) til about a year ago when I looked on Ebay. I gotta say, it's a good thing I don't have access to purchase there. We would surely go broke. I had no idea of what all was out there. There is a wooden table and chairs w/ gold, silver and pewter pieces I'd really love to have... but I guess I'm not THAT obsessive compulsive about it cause even if I had Bill Gates money I wouldn't pay what ppl want for it. I even saw an original Monopoly... one of the first ever made. It wasn't complete so it wasn't that expensive but I wanted it sooooo bad!

Anyways, do any of YOU collect board games (not specifically Monopoly)?

Jaidness
12-09-2003, 08:06 AM
I collect monopoly games as well. I have a few older ones the NFL one the internet one and ...shoot I cannot remember . I keep them in acid free paper in totes in the attic. It does become an obsession lol

zitra
12-09-2003, 08:07 AM
I don't collect them but I do have reg. monopoly, Star Wars monopoly, Pokemon monopoly, and the new monopoly (can't remember the name)(it has wooden houses and hotels)~I bought and wrapped it for my son for Christmas, and I also have reg. monopoly for my pc, as well as star wars monopoly for pc....

They had a guy selling an unopened ghettopoly(had an ad on the radio) he was sellign it for about $900, becuase they are very rare now, since they stopped making them when hasbro sued them...

If you look on amazon (they had them the last time i looked) they have an inflatable table (which is the game board) and inflatable cushions (seats)...

But i have tons of board games...I have every trivia pursuit game ever made...Pokemon momopoly, pokemon sorry, pokemon yahtzee, pokemon master trainer, candy land,let's go fishin', Star Wars life, teenage mutant ninja turtles game, reg. yahtzee, tribond (I love this game),Nickelodeon trivia game & checkers...

justme23
12-09-2003, 08:21 AM
Oh, we have tons of other games as well but Monopoly is the only one I have multiples of ... well we have two Trivial Pursuits which does appear to be a new obsession for my hubby, but I don't think it'll ever get as bad as my Monopoly addiction.

I have the Warner Bros, Disney, Millenium, American Edition, Star Wars and plain ole Monopoly. I *think* (rather I hope w/ all my might cause I want it sooooo bad) hubby got me the Lord of the Rings Monopoly for Christmas. There's also a Dallas Cowboys and a Scooby Doo one I have my eyes on, but the Dallas one is 40 bucks still and I can only find Scooby on Ebay. They have a rather nice table Monopoly at Linens 'N' Things that I'd like to have, altho hubby says it's rather flimsy and not worth the 100 bucks they want for it, so I am letting that one go. If I'm gonna spend 100 dollars I expect some level of quality craftmanship in the woodwork, altho not top notch. Anyways, I just wondered if I was alone, I'm kinda glad I'm not!

Ladytiger
12-09-2003, 10:20 AM
I dated a guy that had decided he wanted to decorate his game room with Monopoly boards. He had a bunch then, I could only imagine the ones that he has now!
The best one was the Star Wars one!

NINK
12-10-2003, 11:41 AM
i don't exactly collect them, but i like trial pursuit, i have the new one for the last 20 years, and i have the old cards too and the genus edition and the baby boomers edition and may be a couple others, but just the cards not the boards, i mean you only need one board and can use any or all cards, i don't buy the cards new, but any time i see cards i don't have at a garage sale or thrift stor ei pick them up.

i collect magic the gathering card game cards too.

hubby would like to collect the queen and king from different chess sets so we are trying to find neat looking ones.

VenusA423
12-10-2003, 01:09 PM
And here I thought I was a weirdo for collecting Monopolies. LOL! Glad I'm not the only one. I only have 4 different ones. The regular, Make Your Ownopoly(or something like that), Nascar, & American Edition. My parents have a British version of it, that's pretty cool. There are so many more I want to get.