PDA

View Full Version : POLL : Do you trust the police officers in your area?

Jolie Rouge
12-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Yes 56%

No 44%

-------

MHO - Here where I live - yes. In New Orleans - no. "Big City" mentality seems to make some think they are both All Poerful and Anonamous. My family has several members of law enforcement - but I have had some poor experiences with the cops in the Big Easy ...

Dolly<3
12-01-2003, 09:34 PM
I really don't know. I've never encountered any of them. My friend's dad is a detective at the PD and her brother is a cop too. I don't like her brother, but I guess as a whole I trust the police here.

Judy
12-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Absolutely

twinkiesmom
12-01-2003, 09:50 PM
most of em. I have family in law enforcement too.

GeThang
12-01-2003, 09:55 PM
I have family in Law Enforcement as well. Some do their jobs, and others don't. It just depends. If our area doesn't quit laying off cops because of budget cuts, then we aren't going to have a police force. My little town has enough crap going on, and I think they don't need to cut out anymore.

elsaleh01
12-01-2003, 10:29 PM
jolie where you at? New orleans i know is in la and about 1 hour from where all my family lives... We all live right outside the baton rouge area in dinky springs i mean denham springs...

I trust the officers... My pawpaw is the chief police of a surrounding town.... so i gotta lol

flute
12-02-2003, 04:35 AM
I trust 'em. Only ever really talked to a few of them. A lady cop stopped me to say her dog looked like mine. And, then the man cop was nice when I asked him to do my fingerprints. (he didn't answer the door, but he was nice) and the cop in mom & dad's town who did take my finger prints was nice.

O that guy in the one town was a smart alleck when he pulled me over, but it's a town known for mean police.

justme23
12-02-2003, 04:51 AM
On a whole... yes. When someone tried to break in to our house and we dialed 911, 4 Dallas police cruisers showed up in under 3 minutes... talk about giving someone serious confidence in their safety. There are corrupt cops in every department, tho. Like the detective who was under suspicion for arresting young hispanic men for cocaine possession but when they finally tested it they found it was billiard chalk. The detective was found innocent, but the whole thing is very disturbing... SOMEONE put that chalk in there, and it had to be A cop cause all these young hispanic guys aren't just gonna walk around w/ large quantities of chalk just for the fun of it.

An Ex friend of my husbands is going through the police academy as we speak. They worked together at a different job and I can tell you by his shady practices and superior attitude there that I would NEVER trust him as a cop... infact, as wrong as I know it is for me to wish someone would fail, I really hope he never makes it on to the force in any city I presently live in or will live in in the future.

MsLynn
12-02-2003, 05:53 AM
I work with them everyday and I trust them all but a few from the sheriffs office. so there ya go, shhhhhh don't telll them but then i don't trust their stupid dispatchers either. grrrrrrrrr ( long story but one of them called to ask while i was on with the witness to ashooting- murder/suidicde if there were any weapons involved), I SAID NO CINDI HE SAID PULL MY FINGER AND IT WENT OFF!!!! DAMN I HATE STUPID PEOPLE.

oh sorry, grr that one just gets me

freeby4me
12-02-2003, 06:07 AM
[Quote SOMEONE put that chalk in there, and it had to be A cop cause all these young hispanic guys aren't just gonna walk around w/ large quantities of chalk just for the fun of it.]

actually...i hate to say this but theres alot of people who will do that to sell it for money when they dont have drugs. The only thing those kids think about is right now, not tomarrow when that druggie comes back for his money.

HumblePie98
12-02-2003, 06:36 AM
Town cops: HELLLL NO

State police Yes

justme23
12-02-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by freeby4me
actually...i hate to say this but theres alot of people who will do that to sell it for money when they dont have drugs. The only thing those kids think about is right now, not tomarrow when that druggie comes back for his money.

Yes, of course there are... but we're talking about more than just a handful of ppl out to make some money. The chalk wasn't even tested until alot of them had been in jail for several years, which is why it was such an issue, why wasn't it tested when their attorneys requested it in the first place, ya know? If I remember correctly it was something like 30 young men who had no previous arrest records or for that matter, no drugs even in their systems. They also were young men w/ families to support for the most part, not kids just out to make a buck.

maysie
12-02-2003, 07:22 AM
I trust the local cops around here...oh, yeah, reminds me I have to stop and pick up a tv from one of them :D My family has been friends with most of the locals and state police officers in this area for years.

leewill72
12-02-2003, 07:30 AM
State Police yes, my cousin is married to one.

Our chief of the boro police is under indictment, so him personally, no. However when my 2yo wandered off both the boro and state troopers were involved finding him. The sargeant is giving the 2 boys that found my 2yo a letter of commendation tonight at the boro meeting.

zitra
12-02-2003, 07:42 AM
Definately!