PDA

View Full Version : Would you believe this..?

Mini
11-30-2003, 04:22 PM
My friend "Allie" who I talk to online and i've known her for awhile(well less then a year) well her friend IM's me and says this:

okay well "allie" went to a dorm party with me an her other friends she was talking to thins guy an he slipted something in her drink an he raped her lucky she had her cell with her she had enought energy to call my cell an i had to follow the sound it was a little to late i had called her ex an he called the police then he came an kicked his white perv a$$ so we took her to the emergency room she can't remeber much of last night but thats a good thing they said arownd next year she might die form whatever it is

I'm not assuming shes lying by any means but..is it just me or does this story sound odd?

jaybird
11-30-2003, 04:26 PM
You have to trust and believe in your friend sweetie. And if she went to the emergency room, they would have done a rape kit on her. It would show any 'fluids' and other fibers, hair, etc. That does NOT mean she was raped, that means she had sexual relations. A blood/urine test is the only way to show if roofies or other drugs were in her system.

Best thing I can tell you is to stand by her and believe her, until or unless she gives you reason not to. Sadly, since this is an online friendship, it's sometimes difficult to know what is ultimately the truth, and what is exaggerated or fabricated, you know?

(((((brat)))))

Mini
11-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Yes, I know what you mean but the part I don't understand is the "she might die next year from it" That just sounds odd to me. And the ONLY reason i'm questioning her is because "Allie" has told me some stories that have sounded stretched but she says their not a lie. But I have found proof of some stuff she's said turned out to be a lie.

jaybird
11-30-2003, 04:37 PM
You've got a good head, good sense about things. Were they talking about the 'drug' she was slipped - not being around next year - or what? I wouldn't think or know of any 'date rape' type drugs that have residual effects, you know, that could hurt her in a year. What exactly could she die from?

zitra
11-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Waht i think is odd about it is IF it did really happen who does this person think she is telling people about your friend's personal life?? If I was "allie" I would be majorly pissed off at this person for blabbing...I was attacked as a teenager, and would have been angry as hell, if I found out a friend that knew or that i had told had blabbed to other people..that would be up to me..

I say talk to "allie" tell her what her "friend" told you...2 things might happen either she will find out her friend lied, or she will be pissed her friend let out personal information, but either way she doesn't need that type of person as a friend..

Dolly<3
11-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Only you know your friend, but I find it odd that her friend is on her computer w/o anyone around. Where is "Allie?" When did this supposedly happen?

I would believe it (or pretend to) until I got to talk to "Allie" herself and get more details. There's never really any way you're going to find out either way. If your friend is dishonest it might be a good idea to cut ties with her. Those types of "friends" suck!

GeThang
11-30-2003, 07:50 PM
I agree with Amanda totally. Just wait until your friend comes back online, and just flat out tell her what you were told. For her sake, I hope it isn't true, that that awful thing didn't happen to her. No one deserves that.

Unicornmom77
11-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by *Amanda*
Only you know your friend, but I find it odd that her friend is on her computer w/o anyone around. Where is "Allie?" When did this supposedly happen?

I would believe it (or pretend to) until I got to talk to "Allie" herself and get more details. There's never really any way you're going to find out either way. If your friend is dishonest it might be a good idea to cut ties with her. Those types of "friends" suck!

COuldnt have said it better! I tottally agree!

Danny
11-30-2003, 08:34 PM
It seems you have doubts already - my first thought is to follow your own instincts!!

zitra
11-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by *Amanda*

Maybe I missed something, but I did not read where she said that this peson IM's her from her friend "allie's" computer..??