PDA

View Full Version : Computer help please!!

FrEEbiZ4Me
11-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Okay, i need some help! My computer fans stays on the whole time i am on the computer this never used to happen before... and my CDRW drive will not open, i checked to see if there was anything stuck in there but there is not!! I hope someone can help!!!

TIA!

adair
11-27-2003, 12:32 PM
To open your CDRW drive, there should be a small hole in the front, use a straightened paper clip to reach the small servo (I believe that is the name) and push the button at the same time...it should open.

As far as your fan running constantly, sounds like you may need to do some cleaning of the fan. Take the cover off the computer and do a good cleaning......I use canned air, but other people prefer using vacuums made for computers.

cleaningla
11-27-2003, 12:32 PM
My fan kept running once, I took it in and I think it was the power strip that needed to be replaced.

cleaningla
11-27-2003, 12:35 PM
That's another thing, the computer would get hot ad the guy at the pc store asked me if I ever cleaned the inside. Might just need cleaned.

FrEEbiZ4Me
11-27-2003, 03:57 PM
thanks guys!!

FrEEbiZ4Me
11-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by adair
To open your CDRW drive, there should be a small hole in the front, use a straightened paper clip to reach the small servo (I believe that is the name) and push the button at the same time...it should open.

As far as your fan running constantly, sounds like you may need to do some cleaning of the fan. Take the cover off the computer and do a good cleaning......I use canned air, but other people prefer using vacuums made for computers.

Just finished cleaning the fan and inside!! Thats exactly what it needed! Man, that thing was dusty :eek: lol thanks a bunch! But for my CDRW i still can get it open. My main Drive has the small whole but the one underkneath does not... hmmmm..