PDA

View Full Version : baby naming question

lisarae
11-26-2003, 08:48 AM
My sister has a little girl, named Baylee Sue.

I was wondering is Haley Ryann to close to Baylee to name the baby that. I absolutely love that name. Other than the name Emma its the only one that really sticks with me. But hubby says no to Emma. (being a fartface as ds says):rolleyes:

DBackFan
11-26-2003, 08:49 AM
I would think since its a different family it should be fine. In the same house it may be confusing. Good luck, great name. :)

newwiccan
11-26-2003, 09:03 AM
I think it will be fine. Very pretty!:)

We have Emma picked out if we have a girl but nothing picked for a boy yet. Good thing we have until April to decide!

sharinbo
11-26-2003, 09:05 AM
I think it's a beautiful name, and I don't think it's too close to your niece's name.

Unicornmom77
11-26-2003, 10:50 AM
I think it is just fine sweety! And you shouldnt be thinking about that so close to the end!http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Unicornmom773/pregnantoutline4.jpg LOL You may change it and then regret it later!! LOL Stick with what you have had all along! lol

Did you ask your nieces mom what she thinks?

Just curious! lol

GeThang
11-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Hey there Lisarae, I think they're both beautiful names :)

Did you go to the parade last night?

MamaFairal
11-26-2003, 11:01 AM
All thru my second pregnancy(she is now 16 yrs old)i had the name Emily Alice picked out...i was dead set on this name!
As soon as she was born the nurses asked what her name was and i replied.......Jacilynn Suzanne!

You may pick out a name now but in the blink in an eye you can change your mind.......that's a womans perogitive(?)!

But the name you picked is beautiful :)

cch
11-26-2003, 11:19 AM
I have Cassandra LeAnn (Cassie for short) and my SIL named her newest Kasey Lynn. My MIL calls Kasey by Cassie's name all the time which makes my SIL mad & I hate the fact my SIL was so moronic and unoriginal.

amysusi
11-26-2003, 12:01 PM
In my family, all the little ones seem to have a theme: boys- Lyndon, Nolan (both mine), Cameron, Aaron. Girls - Elena (mine), McKayla. We didn't plan it that way, it just happened.

jonette5
11-26-2003, 12:07 PM
I think the name you have picked is beautiful.

We have a grandbaby due in may and they have William Edward or Annabelle Marie (I hate this name! but I get no say lol!)

I have two kids (3 step kids---they are ones with babies) My dd is Mallory Dawn and son is Erik James. I always wanted 3 kids but didn't get my way. I want a little girl named Sianna Chantel...pronounced..."see-on-uh" I keep trying to talk my kids into naming a baby this for me but they all tell me no! LOL! Maybe one of you preg. ladies can do this for me?!?! LOL!

Quaker_Parrots
11-26-2003, 12:50 PM
As a person who has a Bailey, I was upset when my niece name her daughter Hailey (felt like she was trying to copy me, and I had chose both my kids names to be different, I even talked hubby into Bailey instead of Alison, cause is was too similar to other names in the family, and there were too many A names, lol) But don't let my opinion make you change your mind, you name that baby what you want. Hope no one is mad at me for my opinion.

ezmoney163
11-26-2003, 01:07 PM
I also am an original person. My DD is named a combination of my Dh and my names. My son was also a Ja name so it would be close to his sister and dad. As for the new baby it will also be a Ja name that is original. I hate having children with names everyone calls. LOL
But it is your baby and you do what you want. Do not let naming her or him be someone elses choice. Good luck on what ever you choose for name. I am sure it will be perfedct. :)

NINK
11-26-2003, 01:29 PM
if this is what you want your child named than name it that, you'll regret it if you don't. if you haven't told your sis yet i would test it on her to see the reaction, i mean if you have another name you like just as much and she hates the idea of this one than you may want to choose the other. i have a huge family and there is no way i could go through each one and make sure it didn't bother any one else. and we do have our share of repeats and sound the sames, for one my uncle is a junior so they call him skip, my dad has the same first name as his dad and his brother has his dad's middle name and my dads middle name is my great grandpa's first name(with me so far?) there are 2 cindy's plus my aunts dog that she took every where like a child was also named cindy. i have a cousin named marcelous who they call marcy, well my daughter is named mercedes and every one calls her mercy, luckily marcy lives in washington state so they are hardly ever in the same room. my friends daughter is page and my son is gage and my cat is beige, and my aunt wants to have a girl some day and possibly name her sage, sounds like a bad dr. sues book! i have about a hundread names, as i said my first name is my great grandma's name "dorothy" well all her sisters(yes they are still alive! all pushing for 90!) all call me "little dorothy" my one cousin could not pronounce dorothy at age 2 and called me "bee" my mom was talking to me when i was a newborn in babiease and said such words as "tinker ninker minker ...." my father said "that was so cute!, what did you call her?" mom went through the list and the one he liked was ninker, i was ninker till i was 10 and than it got shortened to nink, wich is actualy in a dr. sues book! "there's a nink in the sink" is a line from the book there's a wocket in my pocket, any how another cousin could not pronounce nink and called me nik, that has stuck and that whole extended side of the family now calls me nik. my other grandpa calls me mandy wich is short for my middle name amanda and i also get dori and dotti and dot, my uncle calls me betty, i don't really know why but he has since i was 5, and my one grandpa calls me scallywag. my grandma use to call sam. i do put alot of thought in to naming my kids, i try to think of what the possible nick names are, make sure they won't get teased in shcool, see what thier initials spell. but it all comes down to 3 things, 1.at some point they will hate thier names and hate you for naming them that. 2.some one some where will think it is stupid. and 3. they will get some nick name any way and it probably won't even have anything to do with there name any how. so name them however you want! here are the names of my kids:

jacob emery
gage allen
mercedes jade
briena jace

jacob is called jake by lots of people even though i hate it, i call him jay alot. mercedes is either called mercy or sadie, or slim sadie and briena(pronounced bree en a) is often mispronounced as breanna wich bugs me and probably will her too, i call her brie and so does alot of the family for most of her life so far though she was beana, orbaby beana or jelly beana. but now that she is over one i am trying to quit this baby nick name before it sticks for life. i am done having kids now, but if i ever have the money i would like to adopt 2 more and i would name them gaven exavier and onyx rose(oni for short)

lisarae
11-26-2003, 04:59 PM
Well when I first mentioned it to sister, she said it was cute. Now Im not really sure how she feels. I dont wanna hurt her feelings. Weve been trying to decide on names since day one of this pregnancy and nothing seems right, other than Haley. But like others have said I may see the baby and change it completely. AND it just may turn up to be a boy and this thread will be useless..LOL

~GETHANG~~ I never made it to the parade, it was too cold for the kids, theyve been sick, ds and neice. Plus I couldn't stand for that long, the way the feet swell now of days. So we just went to Fiesta Bravo and drove around Central Park 3 times looking at the lights.

GeThang
11-26-2003, 06:44 PM
I can understand. Sorry to hear that they've been sick. The weather has definitely been cruel to everyone lately. It was definitely cold last night. I had a sweater on underneath a fleece hoodie, and my leather coat on. I had these insanely thick socks on. The girls did fine. Some of them were wearing 3 pair of panty hose and insulated undie shirts underneath the outfit. They didn't complain at all.

We were supposed to lead the parade because we were the honor band for winning first place last year. Well, the instrument bus got lost in traffic. It ended up all the way down to the hospital, and we were quite a way away from there. For it to get back to us, the parade workers had to move cones and stuff in order for the band members to get their instruments. It also had our banners on it. We have a little golf cart that we take everywhere with us, and it was supposed to follow us through the parade because it had hot chocolate for the kids. Well, because it was having to run between central park and us several times, the battery went dead and it had to be pushed. LOL

The kids were upset because we didn't get to lead. They got a great announcement though when we passed the stage :)

Urban Cowgirl
11-27-2003, 12:08 PM
My niece's name is Kaylee and we named our daughter Chloe. I thought they were pretty similar, we also were both going to use Marie for a middle name. I just made sure my sis was not going to be upset. She said not at all she loved the name. In the end we changed our minds for the middle name and used Jae instead (after her Daddy).

dixiechicken
11-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by amysusi
In my family, all the little ones seem to have a theme: boys- Lyndon, Nolan (both mine), Cameron, Aaron. Girls - Elena (mine), McKayla. We didn't plan it that way, it just happened.

I dont get it?!?! I think I am too blonde sometimes, what am I missing?