PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my vents and whines up to date...

NoFoolPrice
11-21-2003, 11:18 PM
I'll start with the first one last march - my sister went to court today, it was continued till the 25. The DA is asking for 12 years. She could get up to 4 years for the false identity charges I filed. The DA called me and asked me what hardships I suffered as a victim, I lied and said none and asked for lenience. It is small compared to the other charges she is up against.
As far as my dog goes, Ciao was so flattered to get all those hugs from BBS members, he's still floating on the love. Ciao and I know that all those hugs and prayers have been heartfelt and we love you for it, a special hug for Raven. He is fine, and getting ready to go in for a big grooming. It is not how many that you have loved, but how many that have loved you.
The other vent and whine that you all may have seen me through is the ex husband and I. We are great friends and will never be Romeo and Juliet but will be together. We spent 1/2 of tonight watching Larry King and the other 1/2 with Wizard of Oz, an odd combination.
I always feel that I should post resolutions or endings to issues I post online, I think it's polite plus it makes me feel better, so this is what is going on till now, with a positive spin.

Bohemut
11-21-2003, 11:34 PM
For what it's worth I think you did the right thing with your sister. Not necessarily for her, but for you. If my sister was in so much trouble I think I'd do the same thing. I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't.

And I'm so glad to hear about Ciao. I have four boys (all dachshunds) and I don't know what I'm going to do when their time(s) come. It's easy to say I'll be strong and that I'll let them go, or even help ease them along, but I doubt it will go that way. I'm not looking forward to that and my guys are still very young. My heart goes out to you and your longtime friend. I hope he stays around for a long time and when it's his time, that he goes peacefully and without pain.

Unicornmom77
11-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Thanks NoFoolPrice, I continue to keep you in my BBS family prayers! Give Ciao a hug for me also!

~Wendy

NoFoolPrice
11-22-2003, 05:20 AM
Gotta tell you all, the thing with my sis is really hurting. The PO called and told me I could go to court and testify against her, but after he reeled off the long list of crimes, I felt like going and testifying for her. Good lord, how can you think of your little sis going to prison for up to 12 years? And to know that I may have added on a couple of those years? It's hard, my heart is broken for her, if it was up to me I would let her off, but she hurt many more people than just me, her crime against me is just the icing on the cake. My older sis is trying to make me feel guilty, yeah sure, I should have just gone to jail for her - I don't think so. She is a criminal with a criminal mind, she has hurt so many people and destroyed so many lives with her sociopath actions, it's time to pay the piper. How do you tell that to her 72 year old mom? I wouldn't dream of doing the things she did to people, it's absolutely horrible. Too bad she isn't Jacko and could get off with a payment and slap on the hand, I think 12 years is extreme for identity and credit card theft, but then again, I'm not the judge. I can look at it that she didn't really harm anyone physically and it's not that bad, but then again, if someone stole your identity and had a party off the resulting credit cards, you'd probably want them put away, right? We are sick about it, but no, I didn't tell her to use my name and get a warrant out for my arrest, she is not the one that suddenly found out she couldn't drive and had to drop classes or run to LA to go to court and clear her name was she? Going to the DMV to renew my license and finding out I was wanted was not convenient at the time, nor was going to court and clearing my name and my DMV record. I had every right to press charges. However, it does freak me out and I am sick about driving another nail into her coffin. Then again, she is resiliant, one would have to be to keep on finding one victim after another, I'm sure she will get over this too. Shoot, if she is smart and plays her cards right, she could walk out of prison with a BA degree and come out smelling like a rose, something she has always had a talent for. She has 3 charges of identity theft, can you imagine meeting guys, getting them to fall in love with you and then stealing their id? These stupid guys she uses, by the second day they know her they are giving her their bank cards and pins so she can take care of "the household bills." It's beyond my comprehension. Then she puts them in jail for "domestic abuse,"by the time they are out she is gone and so is their bank accounts and credit.I honestly can't imagine doing something like that, I would sooner die. My poor mom! She keeps saying that "what Stacy did wasn't so bad, Jacko will get of with less time than she will." True, yes, and I am sure it would kill any mom to think of her daughter in prison, but justice serves a purpose. Let her butt sit in jail and think of how she has destroyed people for her own gain. She is not the only child that is a product of divorce and a rough childhood, I say get over it, it's not your childhood that makes you, it's what you make of yourself as an adult. I had the same childhood and I am a good and kind person, so the hell with that theory. There is no excuse for intentionally hurting people and stealing from them, I don't care how rotten your childhood was. It's really tearing me up though, mostly for my mom and of course, for that little blue eyed blonde baby I remember that turned out to be so evil. What went wrong? I don't understand how she could not have a conscience.
For those Ciao lovers out there, the old guy is fine and right here by my side, thank goodness. He knows I'm a bit freaked out right now and is especially concientious, no way will he leave my side. Ahh, what a good guy!

NoFoolPrice
11-22-2003, 06:38 AM
To add to that, I am up at 4:30 am because my guts are absolutely twisted over this, I get upset and it comes out in my body. I have already doubled my blood pressure and muscle relaxers (the joys of fibromyalgia), but I can't sleep over a couple of hours because I am sick from this. I have Woodstock on and keep thinking peace and love peace and love peace and love but it's not working this time. Yoga and meditation are not working. Maybe a little Lennon instead? I have a huge paper due on Kantian and Utilitarianism and affirmative action and I can't write or think or even clean my house. I cut her out of my life what, almost two years ago, and here she is still messing with me. I try to get it out of my system by writing my feelings to you, and boy oh boy, have you proved to be a great audience! I am not even sure of my feelings, I don't think it's guilt, it's just this huge sad hole of what coulda' been. I feel bad that she has this high iq she could have done something with besides turn it to criminal actions, she is smart enough that she could be a doctor or attorney, yet she turned her smarts into ripping people off. I can't begin to tell you how many people hate her, they somehow find me as her sister when they go looking for her and the horror stories they tell me makes my blood run cold. I also fear that someday one of her victims will decide to pay her back by hurting my family. I learned recently that her ex-husband, who my ex, kids and I love dearly but he cut us off after her outrageous stories about us and apparently, all those loans we took out from him that we knew nothing about - he lost his job of 30 years, had a heart attack and is badly in need of us but we have no contact because of her. We have known the man 25 years and can not be there for him because of the rift she caused. Good lord, didn't the girl have any idea of the consequences and the pain she was causing? My 72 year old mom calls me and tells me she wants to eat a bottle of pills and put a bag over her head, and by the way make sure I am cremated and I don't want a funeral, how does one react to that? I told her to put it in writing and send it to me. She's busted up about little sis and big sis just ran up a bunch of credit card bills for her, after 6 months in retirement she has to go back to work, plus she is raising big sis's daughter (very well, btw, I guess second chances do work), I'm very proud of my niece. I could go on and on here, but I sense I should have stopped yesterday.
Today I must go shopping for groceries to celebrate a holiday I have serious doubts about. I must cook a turkey to celebrate the genocide of my ancestors cultural heritage and I am not looking at the world through rose colored glasses right now.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-22-2003, 06:53 AM
I don't think 12 years is harsh for idenity/credit card theft...look at the lives that have been destroyed because someone has taken their name and ruined them.It's almost impossible to come back from identity theft.The person who was the victim has to prove it wasn't them doing it. JMO I do feel for you but as you said "time to pay the piper"

*puts on flame proof suit

{{{HUGS}}} and please do not blame yourself for anything your sister has done,everyone has choices she just made the wrong choice.

Angelseyes28
11-22-2003, 07:44 AM
Please don't blame yourself. I can understand your feelings toward your sister, because you love her but your sister did this to herself, you didn't do it to her!!

And honestly if it had happened to me I would be asking for more than 12 yrs. That might seem harsh to some people but the way I see it is the only thing valuable that I possess is my identity and if someone were to try to steal that from me I would be asking for their head on a stick, plain and simple. JMHO

NoFoolPrice
11-22-2003, 07:54 AM
Tried everything but I can't get through Davesbabydoll's armour, darn flame proof suit! I do think that 12 years is harsh when it is compared to crimes such as rape or armed robbery which usually get much lighter sentences. I'm sorry that she has had such ignorant prosecutors and judges in the past that she just turned her baby blues on them and they gave her a slap on the hand. I think if she had been prosecuted and sat her butt in jail awhile starting 30 years ago she would not have continued her criminal acts. The PO that called me told me pretty much the same, he found a long string of crimes that she has never really paid for. The thing is, when I filed charges they finally looked at her record and took it seriously, plus this other guy was charging identity theft charges at the same time and he has a record so they were taking it lightly until I came in, and they found a lot of unpaid dues, I am not sure, but I think another identity theft, a couple of DUI's, terrorist threats (not what it sounds like, threats against boyfriends, litte habit she has) and some drug charges and maybe more in 3 states.
Has she destroyed lives? I think she has messed them up pretty good, mine more than once but usually the people she stole from have been able to get back on their feet and hopefully learned a lesson from it, I certainly have. She has not done anything that people could not recover from, as far as I know there is no lasting or physical harm. So yes, I think 12 years is a bit hard, maybe 3 or 4, believe me, she sits in jail a couple years and it will teach her. She spends two hours on her makeup everyday and picks out an outfit to sleep in, she spends a lot of time partying and she gets to do a bit of traveling, heck, even a week in jail will be hell for her.

NoFoolPrice
11-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Wow, I was mad! Here's the linky:
http://www.bigbigforums.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=293464&highlight=NoFoolPrice

This is the first time I ever searched for my own posts, kind of weird seeing the changes.

cinnamonch
11-22-2003, 08:42 AM
whether or not you think 12 years is a long time for your sister to spend in jail for what she did doesnt matter. You need to quit worrying yourself sic and allowing her to make you feel guilty because of what she did.

She is an "adult" and she knows right from wrong.

Dont worry about telling your mother anything. She knows the truth but doesnt want to face it. Right now she is thinking there is something more she could have done for your sister or things she could have not done and then your sister wouldnt have done what she did.

The bottom line is, Life is nothing but choices. Your sister decided to act the way she did and now its all caught up with her. You lying and saying you werent hurt doesnt help her cause. You talking about the guys she used saying they were "stupid" or whatever doesnt justify what she did to them.

Right about now she is probably using excuses like, mom liked/loved you more than me. My childhood was so hurtful because mom and dad divorced. Those things have nothing to do with a person deciding how they want to live. Your sister wanted the "good" life without working for it at anyone's expense.

Now if you had gone to jail for what she did, do you think she would have come forth and told the truth or tried to help you out? Doubt it very seriously because that not how people like her think. Everything is about them. They think they deserve to not have to work or to have the best of everything and doesnt matter how they get it just as long as they do.

Obviously you care about your sister but you know what, she doesnt care about you, your mother or anyone else because if she did, she wouldnt have hurt you the way she has.