PDA

View Full Version : Question about tart burners....

Urban Cowgirl
11-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Ok this seems like a dumb question, but I need help. Last year I bought a punched tin tart burner. It seems to work great, the first couple days after I put a tart in it puts off a great smell. The problem is after that it seems like the smell is all gone but the wax isn't. Is the wax supposed to evaporate?? Or I am supposed to throw the wax away once the smell is all gone???

Now you all can laugh at me just as long as someone clues me in!!! LOL

bcjjhh
11-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Hi in all my expirence with tart burners, I have always had some wax left that needs to be thrown out as the scent is gone and I have tried just about every tart out on the market. I think the good ones are ones that will give you a scent for at least 3-5 tea lights. I hate having to throw the wax away, it drives me nuts. Perhaps we should all gang up on the candle people and tell them more scent!

Urban Cowgirl
11-20-2003, 05:17 PM
My tart burner is electric and I leave it on almost all the time. So I guess the scent is lasting about as long as yours. What kind of tarts do you prefer? I have only used yankee. but if you can recommend a better one, I am all for it!!! thanks again!!

sea-shell
11-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Please don't gang up on me. ;) Wax will only hold so much fragrance oil after that it just seeps everywhere.

stellatj
11-20-2003, 06:36 PM
from what i understand most tarts will last between 4-14 hours of usage after that it loses its scent and you throw out the wax and start with a new one

HaveKids,LostMind
11-20-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by jaynbobbi
I have only used yankee. but if you can recommend a better one, I am all for it!!!

I have found soy tart's scents to last longer. PM me or email me and I'll tell you all about the ones I use.

wyozozo
11-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Don't forget to save the tail ends of your big scented pillar candles. Chop them up and put it in your tart burner!!