PDA

View Full Version : Minor Whine

schsa
11-15-2003, 05:13 PM
I now have stomach flu for the second time in a month. In between I had a cold.

Why me? I eat my veggies and fruits. Forget that. From now on it's going to be cake and fried stuff.

twinkiesmom
11-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Come eat nacho chips w/me. Nice n fattning.

the1bea
11-15-2003, 06:19 PM
I am sorry that you are not feeling well. The Flu season is Super bad here in ID. My nieghbors (2 adults, 4 kids) have had various illness the past few months. 1st it was the flu, then croup, then stomach flu, now they are all coughing and stuff and cant get rid of it. My mom has been re-catching the flu bug. She has it for the 2nd time right now too.
I hope you start to feel better soon.

zitra
11-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by schsa
I now have stomach flu for the second time in a month. In between I had a cold.

Why me? I eat my veggies and fruits. Forget that. From now on it's going to be cake and fried stuff.

((((HUGS)))) I have come down with the flu/cold myself...caught it from my neice :(

zitra
11-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by the1bea
I am sorry that you are not feeling well. The Flu season is Super bad here in ID. My nieghbors (2 adults, 4 kids) have had various illness the past few months. 1st it was the flu, then croup, then stomach flu, now they are all coughing and stuff and cant get rid of it. My mom has been re-catching the flu bug. She has it for the 2nd time right now too.
I hope you start to feel better soon.

What part of ID? I am orginally from Idaho Falls..I have alot of family there still...

Willow
11-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Sorry you're not feeling well. :(

schsa
11-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Amodium AD and Gatorade stopped the lot. Now I just have some bruised ribs from throwing up. Ah, life is grand.

tiffany21
11-16-2003, 04:36 PM
I am sorry that you are not feeling well

lvsyorkies
11-16-2003, 08:16 PM
You got the stomach flu from eating fruits and veggies? :confused:

feliciac
11-19-2003, 08:22 AM
((((((schsa)))))))))

I am not sure how you are feeling, but either yogurt or liquid yogurt might help your stomach. Something about the cultures, if I remember correctly.

schsa
11-19-2003, 11:40 AM
You must have read my mind. I finally broke down and had some yogurt yesterday (I go through yogurt phases and I'm on the outs with it now). Twice in a month is once too many. And I didn't get it from eating well. I was hoping that eating well would keep it away.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I am prepared if I get it again.

lvsyorkies
11-20-2003, 06:00 AM
Some also confuse the flu illness with the term stomach flu. The latter is an illness associated with nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea and can be caused by bacteria or viruses, other than the flu. It is a stomach illness, whereas flu is an illness of the respiratory system in the body.

Never heard of getting the stomach flu from eating non-nutritious foods, I should have the stomach 'flu' quite frequently then!

mizzy62
11-22-2003, 11:34 AM
I don't know your life situation at all, so if this is not a possiblity, don't be insulted, o.k.?

Is there any remote possibility you could be pregnant?

Just a thought....:)

Kyla Kym
11-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
Flu shots...they work for me.
Me too! (got a huge bruse on my arm right now to prove it ;) )I made a special trip the other day to get one for my son and I. Hubby gets his free at work. Mine was only $15 bucks at the health clinic. :)

schsa, hope your feeling better now.

Hillbilly
11-22-2003, 03:32 PM
Bless your heart,I hope you feel better soon Schsa.

schsa
11-22-2003, 05:10 PM
If I'm pregnant, the Mary isn't the only immaculate conception. No, not pregnant. Too old thank goodness.