PDA

View Full Version : To everyone who sent a card to my son!!!

gobs101
11-15-2003, 05:10 PM
"MOM, I didn't know you had that many friends!" were the first words out of my sons mouth when he phoned home last week. At first I really didn't know what he was referring to till he said he has never ever had that many birthday cards in one year or so many presents. he said it really helped to make him feel like he was with family and friends and not in Iraq for a little while.

I want to give a great big THANK YOU to everyone who helped make my sons birthday so special. And a HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to who ever sent him the chocolate cake, complete with candles, some candy, toiletries, cookies, magazines, some books and a Birthday Bear.
Again I just can't thank everyone enough for all your kindness you have given my son while he's in Iraq.

gemini26
11-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Wow, that great. How in the heck did they package the cake?

nanajoanie
11-15-2003, 06:10 PM
I am a caring mother. My son has gone to war.. My mind is filled with worries that I have never known before.
Everyday I try to keep my thoughts from turning black. I may be scared,but I am proud..My son has got your back..(from gobs101)

Our son leaves for that godforsaken county in Dec. We are terrified. Please say prayers for our son Mur. Thanks. He is 36, wonderful wife, 2 precious kids, owns a private business that could go under. I'm so scared but we will do all we can to help our kids.

Mystic32
11-15-2003, 09:33 PM
YW he deserves it...Whoa! who sent the cake?...LOL

Dolly<3
11-16-2003, 01:48 AM
Wow! That was soooo very nice of someone!