PDA

View Full Version : Money Problems Suck.

Sparkli
11-14-2003, 12:12 PM
I hate worrying about money. I hate money, everyone should jsut work and everything should be free. I have figured out that even if I dont spend another penny this month I still will not have the money to pay my part of the bills. :( And that's with 3 paydays (including todays) My bills aren't that much. probably around 270$, but I just dont have enough $$ incoming. I work two jobs, one at school and one at a tv station (which is an internship) but neither pay well, and I dont have many hours at either. :( I have been trying to find anohter job too, but no one will call me back, probably because of the limited hours I can work between classes and my other 2 jobs. It sucks... I am not going to have any money for christmas either. AGAIN. Even if I did get another job today, I still probaby wouldnt' have a paycheck from there this month.

I have to buy food and gas, so I dont know what I am going to do about getting my bills paid. I have 3 other roommates, and they expect me to have the money when it's due. Which is the way it is, I understand, I expect the same from them. My boyfriend isn't going to be able to loan me money, neither is my sister or my parents.

:( I just need to vent. If I vent to my family, they just worry about me. And I dont like them to worry. Bah.

Tammy

tiffany21
11-14-2003, 12:28 PM
hugs I hope it gets better soon.

schsa
11-14-2003, 01:52 PM
My Christmas money went into my radiator so I am running around doing Christmas on the cheap.

Baked goods are good. I made a ton of Chex Party Mix one year and gave everyone a jar or a tin full. I think I did it for under $15.

Go to your local food bank if you need food. They are generally well stocked this time of year so you should be able to get a good selection. Can you work Sunday's only? Some retails stores would die for someone who can work strictly Sunday or Saturday evenings and Sundays. That's the hardest time of day to get people to work during the holidays.

Post for house sitting. Put something up in local grocery stores (in the better neighborhoods) saying that you will house and pet sit for people who are going out of town. My dog sitter makes $7 a visit and that's twice a day and she's probably there about 15 minutes each visit. House sitting just means you get to live in someone elses house for a few days and that's about $25 a day. People will pay this time of year for extra help.

What about signing up with someone who does catering to work banquets at night? That is a basically evenings and weekend thing and the money is decent. And again this is the time of year when people want help.

Just something to think about.

ttistin
11-14-2003, 02:07 PM
just a suggestion but you said you go to school and have two jobs, well I know you want to keep the tv one, but couldnt you quit your other one to get a better paying one that will give you more hours?

Just a suggestion. I hope things work out for you and schsa did give you some good suggestions too.

Sparkli
11-14-2003, 05:13 PM
i cant give up the one at school because I am the Radio Station manager of the student run radio station... so i have a lot of responsibility, so I can't give that up either. But come Dec. 13th I will graduate and goo full time at the tv station hopefully. And every thing will be ok, hopefully... but until then... :(

swoose
11-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Isn't it fun being a grown-up?