PDA

View Full Version : Scranton Pa Santa Parade

Jaidness
11-14-2003, 05:34 AM
hey everyone, this years Santa parade is tomm in Scranton and I have never been. has anyone been to this parade and if so...how was it? Was it crowded? Also how is everyone doing with the brutal winds? TIA for any info!

rain_cries
11-14-2003, 07:19 AM
I dont know about the Santa Parade, because I don't celebrate Christmas - but the winds are TERRIBLE! I lost my deck furniture and had to go chasing it around my yard. Thank goodness it didn't damage anything. We have downed trees on our road and electricity and cable keep popping off periodically. I'm not in Scranton - I live in the Pocono Mountains. BTW - how do you like the SNOW?????

Jaidness
11-15-2003, 07:28 AM
lol rain cries, you should have seen me chasing my flag down the street!I felt like the biggest dork!I have decided to forgo the parade because despite the weatherman telling me that it is 48 and the winds have died down to 10 mph I stepped outside this morning and froze!I live in the Poconos too and while the snow is exciting (the first time ahahahah) I hear it gets really bad here. This is my first winter here and I am ascared!Surprisingly enough we havent lost power,cable or phone*knocks on wood* usually it goes out at the slightest little thing.I can't get over the amount of trees down and branches laying about tho.Stay warm lol!

missbeepin
11-15-2003, 07:55 AM
I was going to tell you that The Parade in Scranton is AWESOME!!

Yes ALOT of people do go to it and it would have been very wise to go early to get a good spot.......people start slining up and grabbing their spots hours before the parade!.......but it is worth it.....IMO...I always loved it.

Jaidness
11-15-2003, 07:58 AM
awwww lol now I feel bad for not going, but atleast next year i will be ready and on my way bright and early! I think I heard about one in Wilkes Barre but i couldn't find any info about it anywhere.If there is any other cool holiday stuff that anyone knows about in the area could you plllleeeaaaasseee let me know? I am trying to make this move and holiday the bestest brightest one yet for these kiddles! TIA