PDA

View Full Version : Update to sleep apnea

Blackberry
11-13-2003, 05:28 PM
I called the doctor yesterday to make an appointment and I set one up for today at 1pm. Luckily dh had the day off so I had the car to use.

So I get there 1/2 an hour early only to be told that my appointment had been at 8am this morning! BS! They were acting like it was my fault. I told him that I NEVER would have made an appointment at 8am because that is what time that my son leaves for school and the doctor is in the next town over. I even remember saying that 1pm was perfect; not too early, not to late.

So now dh has to come home early tomorrow so I can go back to the doctor again. This time I got the appointment in writing!

Man, I'm pissed. Just a waste of my time.

I will update tomorrow after I see the doc.

erniemarie
11-13-2003, 07:39 PM
sorry you went through all that trouble, hope it goes better tomorrow, just a note about sleep apnea though, to get an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan on being referred to a pulmonologist and get ready to spend a night in the hospital to have an overnight sleep study done - they hook you up to a bunch of machines and monitor you while you sleep usually if you have several episodes of apnea they will put you on a CPAP machine (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure), after the study if they find you do have the apnea you will be fitted for a mask and have to get a CPAP machine - you usually get them through home health services, you will have to sleep every night wearing the mask and using the CPAP machine, people react to them differently, both my mother and I have one and I have never had any trouble sleeping with mine but my mother has had tons of trouble with hers since she got it, also if you ever go anywhere overnight or on vacation plan on packing it and bringing it along because you have to use it EVERY night

Blackberry
11-14-2003, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the info erniemarie. I'm not worried about having to wear something to bed everynight. Or the noise either. I always sleep with the fan on or my "rain machine". I need noise to sleep--can't sleep when it is quiet.

I'm going to the doctor today (if dh can come home early from work. I'm waiting for his call right now).

Blackberry
11-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Well, I had my appointment yesterday. It was very uneventful. My blood pressure was taken, and it was just fine. I will be receiving a call either Monday or Tuesday from the sleep clinc to make an appointment.