PDA

View Full Version : Carnivale on HBO

schsa
11-13-2003, 02:44 PM
Is anyone besides me watching this? Has anyone figured out who Management is?

Is this the strangest show you have seen since Twin Peaks???

ttistin
11-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by schsa
Is anyone besides me watching this? Has anyone figured out who Management is?

Is this the strangest show you have seen since Twin Peaks???

I watch this every week. I have no idea who management is. Dh thinks I am crazy for watching it, thinks it is a werid show lol well yea it is but now I cant stop watching it cause I wanna know what happends to justin and ben.

and here I thought I was the only one to watch this show:)

Danny
11-13-2003, 03:10 PM
I watch every week - haven't figured out too much and it just keeps getting stranger by the episode. I have a sneaking suspicion that very few of the questions will be answered by the end of the season too.

LadyBones
11-13-2003, 03:13 PM
i watched this once and was confused...lol

Danny
11-13-2003, 03:23 PM
As for "Management" I think it is another word for "Satan"

schsa
11-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Management/Satan makes sense. Never thought about that. All I know is that the story is finally coming together and I just love it. I don't understand all of it but I love it. I've been reading the plot synopse on the HBO site just so I can clarify things that are going on.

So why all of the dreams of war? Is that suppose to be Satan? I thought that when Brother Justin said he was on the left hand of God that he was evil and that the kid was going to end up being good.

I can't wait until Sunday night!!!

Danny
11-13-2003, 06:13 PM
There are too many "if's" and "maybe's" and "do you think's" for me to make any definative judgements on what is going on. But you can't pry me loose on Sunday night - and sometimes again on Tuesday just for recapitulation!

cpbaby
11-13-2003, 06:31 PM
My mom ws telling me about this show last weekend. She really likes it. She has them Tivo'd and is going to dump them to tape for me.

Merry99%
11-14-2003, 12:01 AM
I thought management was made up by the overseer so he didn't have to answer to anyone for things,so he could blame management.I only got to watch one day when several shows were on back to back and then dummy me forgot about it and canceled hbo,think I'll boot stars out and pick hbo back up...soon as I do nothings on whatever I get :rolleyes:

CARROLIN
11-14-2003, 12:12 AM
:) DIDN'T SEE THE SHOW...

BUT JUST HAD TO COME IN TO SAY SMILES

TO MY SCHSA:) :D ;) :)

FOREVER,

ME.

Ashlee
11-14-2003, 12:15 AM
I have been wondering if I am the only person in the world watchin...my hubby says its weird and none of my friends or family watch, but something about the show makes me keep watching.

Danny
11-14-2003, 06:29 AM
But if there is no "Management" - what was it that Jonsey saw when he peeked in the trailer?? It shook him up whatever it was.
And remember the pickled baby in the jar in one of the first episodes? Was that just a carny prop or maybe part of "Management"

krisharry
11-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Very strange show for sure. I haven't decided if I love it or not yet,
still too confused. Glad to know everyone else is too. I won't miss it
though. I thought management might be just a guise to hide behind
but the satan thing might be right. We'll have to just wait and see.Have a feeling they are gonna leave us hanging til next season.
Hate when they do that!

schsa
11-14-2003, 10:55 AM
Ok so it's suppose to be about good and evil but if that's the case then everyone on that show has shown signs of both. And why would Samson tell the kid that he needed to choose between being loyal to Samson or the blind telepathic?

And why all of these visions of wars?

Too much to think about but I love the intrigue.

ttistin
11-14-2003, 01:54 PM
I have no idea what the dreams mean or what samson meant about chosing who to trust or what is wrong with brother justin, all I know is that I am going to keep watching it lol

Yea your prolly right in that they will make us all wait till next season to get any answers, which stinks cause I wanna know now lol

Ladytiger
11-14-2003, 07:01 PM
:( Waaaaaaaaaaa-this sounds like something that I would like, but right now, no cable. Keep me posted LOL

schsa
11-16-2003, 04:00 PM
LT, it is so good and so weird. I have been taping and watching it the next day. It has kept my attention and there are very few shows that can do that these days.

Maybe they will put it out on tape and you can rent it. I am sure that will happen since this is HBO.

Danny
11-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Pretty hard to keep anyone posted when we're all in the dark!!! LMAO

ttistin
11-16-2003, 05:59 PM
I can't wait to watch tonights show. Being there are only a few left in this season I cant wait for sunday night to come around lol

Yea Danny we are all in the dark with this show, even those that have been watching it since the first episode lol

Danny
11-17-2003, 06:22 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOO About last night's show......anybody got a clue?

I noticed one odd thing (well more than one) In Hawkin's dreams - he sees scenes of war - but judging from what the soldiers are wearing - I have seen the revolutionalry war represented as well as the crusades and WW1. Very curious

susanva
11-17-2003, 06:57 AM
My favorite show. I have missed a couple of episodes so was lost for a couple of weeks. I noticed on one show when the blind guy was talking to 'management', that he was talking to a woman. Then when
he leaves he tells Samson not to keep 'Him' waiting. What do you
make out of that?

schsa
11-17-2003, 09:19 AM
That's what we are trying to figure out. We don't know what Management is suppose to be.

Tonight I watch yesterday's show. I have it on tape!

ttistin
11-17-2003, 02:28 PM
I have no idea what last nights show meant LOL I think the blind guy and managment are trying to use Ben to get to that scutter guy. Bens dreams/nightmares are just to werid, last nights freaked me out lol

tiznhcet
11-17-2003, 04:39 PM
Check out some of the Carnivale fan boards. Their opinions really help with a lot of unfinished thoughts you might have. Also there is a second season in the works - Brother Justin and Ben never meet this season.
http://www.carnivale.org/forum/index.php
http://www.hbo.com/carnivale/community/index.shtml
http://www.paperstreetprod.com/forums/