PDA

View Full Version : TELEMARKETERS!!! #*#&$&@#*$@ Every single bad word I can think of

iluvmybaby
11-13-2003, 09:51 AM
:rolleyes: I am on the do not call list and we STILL have telemarketers calling us on our cell phone AND on our home phone seven and eight times a day, this morning at 7 am! I said WTH it is 7 am and we are SLEEPING, I am on the do not call list please do not call back and remove me from your call list, I go back to sleep and at 8 am someone from the same company calls AGAIN trying to sell me the same thing:mad: ACCCCCKKKK *#&$*%&@*#&$*@&$#@ Ok now I feel better!

zitra
11-13-2003, 09:57 AM
I read where somone posted that a telemarketer called, even though they are on th DNC list, and when the person asked to be taken off of their list, the operator said NO! and hung up!!

Can't beleive these people!!!!!

iluvmybaby
11-13-2003, 11:10 AM
If you can get their name and what company they work for as long as the phone # if they keep calling you while you are on the do not call list they can be fined big time, I was just too asleep to get that info, I have already turned 7 companies in

twinkiesmom
11-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by iluvmybaby
I have already turned 7 companies in
Good for you! I heard on one of the news magazine programs, that some companies aren't letting that DNC list bother em. They still call. I hafta admit, my call volume has toned down alot!

momof2ct
11-13-2003, 12:04 PM
they called me last week and i said i am on the DNC list, why are you calling me, and he hung up. it was just as rude as them calling in the first place......LOL.

momof2ct
11-13-2003, 01:52 PM
someone posted about door to door salesman, and i mentioned that i am lucky because i am on the 3rd floor of a multifamily house. the door to the 2nd and 3rd floors is locked so they cant get up here. most of them wouldnt even come up here just because of the extra effort, they just ring our buzzer....LOL. :D ;)

ttistin
11-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by *chelle*
well pretty soon they will be coming to your door instead
of calling :eek:

If they show up at 7am they will catch me before I take my shower, believe me they will be running and never come back :) :D lol It is not a pretty sight :)

Merry99%
11-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Dh and I were sleeping so good monday morning when the PHONE RANG ,scared me since its unusual at about 7:30 am,I answered and could barely understand ANY of what the saleslady was saying,so that made me even more angry,I lost my temper and told her I thought it was a bunch of crap that she would call on a sunday morning LOL I hung up and started complaining to dh who said"Its not SUNDAY:D"
So my new stategy is to act like the crazy lady when they call,then maybe I will be put on a do not call list for REAL this time:D

momfromTN
11-14-2003, 04:34 AM
Dang! And I thought INBOUND was bad! I would NEVER, EVER do outbound telemarketing. I could not bother people at dinner or whatever. It just sits bad with me.

Ireland
11-14-2003, 06:20 AM
I go to the Do Not Call website and report them for calling me, I'm also on the Do Not Call list..
It makes me mad that they call my house late at night or early in the morning.
I had one lady call about our mortgage, I said no thank-you we are moving from NY to Kentucky, she said well don't you like to save money? I said how the hell will I save money if the house belongs to someone else and I'm renting an apartmant??
Now if the door to door Witness people could be put on a do not knock list...

dlwt
11-14-2003, 08:40 AM
I got a call at 8:45pm last night I was already sleeping, now that ticks me off. Don't wake me up kiddo because sometimes I have a hard time getting to sleep

amysusi
11-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Oooh, the ones that really get me in trouble are the ones that read your address, and ask you if it's correct. Next thing I know, I have a $700 bill for magazines!!(And this actually happened, on several occasions, but the $700 only once). I wrote one company a nasty letter and sent it back with the bill. I let them know their techniques were wrong and misleading, and to never call me again, and that NO meant NO. They called me once after that, and were polite when I said no. DH has had to rescue me by calling them, but we got some free ginsu knives out of it. I said yes that was my address, I was never asked if I wanted the product. Did you actually ask the question, or did you just say it so quietly I didn't hear it? Now I say yes it's my address, and when they tell me what they're sending me, I point out that I was never asked if I wanted it.

JENNIFERCATLADY
11-15-2003, 12:29 AM
How to handle telemarketing calls: 1. Find out the name of the company they are CALLING FOR. 2. Find out the name of the company they WORK for (99% of the time these are 2 different companies). 3. Request to be put on THEIR company no call list. 4. Request written confirmation from the company that you are put on their no call list. Things NOT to do to a telemarketer: 1. don't say "don't call here" and then hang up without getting the forementioned info. 2. do not act like a crazy person or cuss them out (this will probably only result in MORE calls from the same company for the simple reason telemarketers seem to find this extremely funny). As for the time that telemarketers call...by LAW they are allowed to call from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (depending on the type of calls...phone researchers are allowed to call even later).

The National Do Not Call List is pretty worthless. Non-profit organizations, not for profit organizations, and political call are EXEMPT from this!!!!!!!!!

The reason I know all this is...I've been doing telemarketing for 9 years and I am in charge of Quality for the company that I now work for.

fatesfaery
11-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by momfromTN
Dang! And I thought INBOUND was bad! I would NEVER, EVER do outbound telemarketing. I could not bother people at dinner or whatever. It just sits bad with me.

I agree....inbound can be bad enough(I've been called everything imaginable), don't think I could ever do outbound calls.

Nanc952
11-15-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by amysusi
Oooh, the ones that really get me in trouble are the ones that read your address, and ask you if it's correct. Next thing I know, I have a $700 bill for magazines!!(And this actually happened, on several occasions, but the $700 only once). I wrote one company a nasty letter and sent it back with the bill. I let them know their techniques were wrong and misleading, and to never call me again, and that NO meant NO. They called me once after that, and were polite when I said no. DH has had to rescue me by calling them, but we got some free ginsu knives out of it. I said yes that was my address, I was never asked if I wanted the product. Did you actually ask the question, or did you just say it so quietly I didn't hear it? Now I say yes it's my address, and when they tell me what they're sending me, I point out that I was never asked if I wanted it.

They got a yes from you on a recording and for some the yes is all they need even though you never agreed to what they said.
I read in a magazine never say yes to anything. Like if they say is this Mrs. So and So answer by saying speaking. Address that is correct. So on. But haning up works best.

But if you sign up for any surveys by law even though you are on the no call list they can call you. They had contact with you and that is their loop hole.

I agree the no call list is worthless I think we got more calls after we signed up than before.

JENNIFERCATLADY
11-15-2003, 08:38 PM
The way I see it...telemarketing pays my bills & puts food on my table. I could be sitting home collecting disability but I am working while I can.

babystar0729
11-16-2003, 12:03 AM
I also hate it when they wake me or my son up! I am pretty lucky and only receive a couple of calls a day, but I HATE< HATE HATE the machines!!!! I much rather have a person call so I can say NO and hang up, then hear, HI THIS IS KEVIN and I say something HI and then it says I AM GOING TO BE IN YOUR AREA BLAH< BLAH BLAH and realize t is a stupid machine LOL

shellayne
11-18-2003, 12:03 PM
I was getting sick and tired of constantly answering the phone 10-20- times a day from 7am-10pm. I got fed up one day and called my telephone company, and got on a privacy manager list. Whoever is calling now must go through an operator. If their number does not show up on the CID, well, needless to say they hang up--DARN!! We went from all those call down to nothing, besides friends and family calling. It is really nice to sleep in and not be waken up by the stupid phone calls. This service only costs us $4 a month. I would rather pay that then have to listen to the phone all day!!!

asickchick
11-18-2003, 12:12 PM
We still get those calls too and we are on the 'do not call list'. I just got one this morning and it was a farking recording!

JENNIFERCATLADY
11-18-2003, 11:42 PM
I repeat the National Do Not Call List & individual State Do Not Call Lists are WORTHLESS! They do NOT apply to Non-Profit, Not-for Profit & Poitical Organizations.