PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old girl dies in fire -- chained to her bed

Jolie Rouge
11-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Ark. Child Chained to Bed Dies in Fire
By DOUGLAS PILS

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/crime/story.jsp?floc=NW_1-T&oldflok=FF-APO-1110&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20031112%2F162586990.htm&sc=1110

CLARKSVILLE, Ark. (AP) - A 10-year-old girl who authorities say had been chained to a bed by her ankles was killed in a house fire, and her parents were arrested on manslaughter charges.

Sheriff Wesley Kendrick said investigators believe the blaze early Monday was accidental. Four people made it out of the house - the parents and their two other children - before it burned to the ground.

The body of Molly Holt was found by firefighters in her bedroom under debris where the roof had collapsed, said Chief Deputy Jerry Dorney. Investigators also found a chain and padlock that they determined had secured the girl to her bed, Dorney said.

Dorney would not say what the parents told investigators when asked why their daughter was chained to the bed.

Lloyd Holt, 32, and Teresa Dick, 31, were arrested and jailed on $100,000 bail each.

Dorney said that when authorities arrived at the home, the father said he was not able to get the girl out.

11/12/03 16:25

peaceluver
11-12-2003, 10:14 PM
What is wrong with people? That is just so messed up.

tommyjo
11-12-2003, 10:17 PM
I am so sorry to see you posting this, you have always been my "go to" humor posts. This is a terrible thing, I am so sorry for the girl.
and, no, i didnt mean to flame ya for posting this, it is just that usually when i click on your posts they are humorous. Is a great informing post tho, even if a sad one.

Jolie Rouge
11-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by tommyjo
I am so sorry to see you posting this, you have always been my "go to" humor posts. This is a terrible thing, I am so sorry for the girl.
and, no, i didnt mean to flame ya for posting this, it is just that usually when i click on your posts they are humorous. Is a great informing post tho, even if a sad one.

no offense taken -- but there is no way i would post a joke with the title that goes with this thread. :mad: waht is wrong with people ??

BeanieLuvR
11-12-2003, 11:56 PM
:( :( :( :( Poor little kid. How could anyone do that to a child.

Angelseyes28
11-13-2003, 05:20 AM
OMG!!!! How horrible!
I think they should chain the parents to beds, set fire in a room in the house AWAY from where they are. That way the parents will have time to really think about the fire getting closer and closer to them before it burns their arse up!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Donnagg123
11-13-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Jolie Rouge
no offense taken -- but there is no way i would post a joke with the title that goes with this thread. :mad: waht is wrong with people ??

I think that tommyjo meant that he saw your name and just clicked without reading the title :)

TX_Cowgirl
11-13-2003, 06:01 AM
i agree what is up with ppl thinking that they can do these things to other ppl and especially kids..Its a shame...Just like i have been seeing in the news where these parents starved their 4 adopted sons...but the daughters were fine...The 18 year old boy looked like an 8 year old he was so small and malnourished...What is the world coming to when little kids are mistreated????????/
this is so sad kids shouldnt have to live like this any kid

LOONEYMAMA
11-13-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by angelseyes28
OMG!!!! How horrible!
I think they should chain the parents to beds, set fire in a room in the house AWAY from where they are. That way the parents will have time to really think about the fire getting closer and closer to them before it burns their arse up!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

my thoughts exactly!:mad:

ezmoney163
11-13-2003, 12:21 PM
What stupid people. It is a child not a monster. I think people who chain or tie or whatever to there kids should be hanged by a rope and a fire lit at there toes. A**holes!!!

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-13-2003, 01:10 PM
:( poor little girl

:mad: hang the parents

ttistin
11-13-2003, 02:20 PM
so sad. At least that little angel is not in anymore pain.

So much of this crap is going on nowadays. Everytime I read something like this to a child it makes me wanna go hug mine and make sure they are safe.