PDA

View Full Version : Please don't flame me, just want advice

Angelbear3
11-10-2003, 01:03 PM
My best friend got arrested this morning for being behind in child support...he's 3 months behind ($967.00) and he's in another state. Does anyone have experience here??? What do they usually have to do to get out? Because he does have a job interview here in a couple days and how is he going to be able to pay if he's in jail?

Quaker_Parrots
11-10-2003, 01:17 PM
Shocked that he is in jail after only 3 months. Does he have anyone he can borrow it from? He really needs to talk to the judge. and see what kind of arrangement can be made

cSoReNSoN
11-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Well, I guess they take it seriously in that state. Remedy the situation before it becomes a problem, as it is in so many states. Good luck to your friend.

Shellshell
11-10-2003, 01:31 PM
There are different laws in different states. My ex owes $1,544.00 and it makes his 4th month.They never done anything to him yet. I know first you lose you drivers license then they put you in jail. He will have to talk to the judge like Quaker_Parrots said. The laws always differ in every state.

AngelGrim
11-10-2003, 01:32 PM
My husband was paying child support and got behind and now is catching up but he said that he was told by his attorney that now they actually can't jail someone for this because it is a debt and no one can be incarcerated for a debt. Don't ask me, just what he said and thought I would share. Hubby didn't know he even had a daughter as the girl never told him till she was almost 10 then he got hit hard with child support. She is now 18 and he is still paying and will be for quite a while. I have a whole lot to say about this but figure better not.lol.

tiffany21
11-10-2003, 01:44 PM
my ex has been arrested for this 3x and if you want to know what to do pm me and i will give you all the info.

MommyG3
11-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Strange, my ex has been over $4,000 behind and he never was put in jail. I guess different states do things different.

tiffany21
11-10-2003, 01:53 PM
my ex was sent back to Mo 3x

Angelbear3
11-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Okay, let me clarify a few things... He and his wife split up in May. They live in Kentucky. I was in Kentucky on vacation and my car broke down up there and had no way to get back to Florida to get my son in school on time. So my friend drove me down here to Florida. His car broke down and he was stuck here in Florida. This was 3 months ago. He tried to find a job but there was no where hiring. He decided to stay in Florida and try to start over because of all the things that happened in the past. He has a job interview here tomorrow but unfortunately now he won't be able to go to it.

He got papers in the mail last week from her lawyer stating that he had to be in court today for failure to pay child support... the 3 months that he's been down here. So we bought him a bus ticket, he went to court today and got arrested there. So he is in the state/county where the charge is. Unfortunately, he told the judge that he plans on living in Florida and not Kentucky. I'm trying to help him out because I feel responsible in some ways since he got stuck down here by bringing me and my son home. I didn't know (and still don't) if he'll have to pay the entire $967.00 before they let him out or just 10% or what. His mom and dad are up there and are trying to find out what's going on but they aren't getting anywhere.

The way I see it is this. He finally has a job interview...he loves his kids, he wants to pay but just hadn't been able to. He can't pay if he's sitting in jail which is only going to cause him to get further behind. I'm just trying to figure out what to do because I feel the need to help in some way. I was going to help with the child support payments but he wouldn't allow me to. Also, this is more than a friend... he's my brother-in-law and my husband doesn't quite know what to do either since we're down here

**edited to add that the actual charge they've got him on is contempt of court since the court ordered him to pay and he hasn't**

tiffany21
11-10-2003, 02:27 PM
they do set up payment plans they will order him a amount to pay pluse $50.00 to $100.00 back payment. it all depends on the judge. best of luck please keep us updated.

TxWildCherry
11-10-2003, 02:35 PM
judges here in tx wont let them out til they are paid in full and the next month's payment paid also and if they get behind more than 30 days again they go back and get them over and over til they stay current

Angelbear3
11-10-2003, 02:39 PM
It just makes me angry cause he owes less than a thousand/3 months behind when his cousin (from the same county in ky) is 3 YEARS behind and owes over $8,000 and he has never been arrested

TxWildCherry
11-10-2003, 03:01 PM
i know my sisters ex is behind $12,000 and they keep giving her the run around cant find him etc.. hopefully they will not be hard on him or maybe if he explains to the judge he is trying to get a job to pay it the judge will be understanding and maybe they can even get the amount he pays monthly lowered they usually go by how much they make to make the monthly payments

tmesser
11-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by TxWildCherry
judges here in tx wont let them out til they are paid in full and the next month's payment paid also and if they get behind more than 30 days again they go back and get them over and over til they stay current

my ex lives in houston and is 12 years behind, $28,000, but nothing is ever done with him. he was arrested in 98 for child molesting ( not my daughter)and was in there for three years, but i can't get a penny out of him. so what gives, he does live in texas.

moe265
11-10-2003, 04:47 PM
My daughter's sperm donor lives in Texas also and he is almost $3,000 behind and they aren't looking for him either.

Angelbear3
11-10-2003, 04:49 PM
I just talked to his dad before he went to go see the public defender. Apparently, he didn't even have to be in court today. The documents that were sent to Florida were not real but an attempt by his ex's lawyer to get him in Kentucky.

I'm waiting for his dad to get online to find out what the public defender says... more later

Willow
11-10-2003, 05:37 PM
My daughters father owes me over $17,000 and no one seems to care that he hasn't paid. The IRS says they can't find him. I don't think they are trying hard enough. My daughter will be 16 next month and he hasn't paid child support since she was 2 years old.

Angelbear3
11-10-2003, 05:58 PM
I just talked to his dad and he was told that he'll be in there until he pays what he owes... then if he gets behind more he can be arrested again as soon as he's released. Ugh... maybe tomorrow at his first appearance we'll get some better news.

AngelGrim
11-10-2003, 07:10 PM
what makes me angry is when the woman that gave birth to my step daughter didn't say anything then after 10 years wants child support and the state grants it, they take more out every 6 months, like this last 6 months his payment went up another 53 dollars a month. What gets me is that the dhs is the one that started this and said that she had been on adc for years, but yet she was working for her parents and drawing a check for that too and she drives a brand new camaro and we drive an old truck. Sometimes I just don't get it. I don't think he should have paid for the years that he didn't know and missed out on being her dad.

weebit29
11-10-2003, 07:26 PM
My ex is over 20,000 behind, hasn't paid a dime in 3 years. The IRS can't touch him cuz he doesn't file for tax returns. But last week he got approved for disablity and my daughter will get 4,000 in back pay and then 253 per month and it is better than child support cuz it always comes on time. My ex lives under a bridge and has no home or job so I haven't complained or pushed to hard about him not paying, as long as he doesn't try to see my daughter I won't push the back support ;)

Angelbear3
11-10-2003, 07:51 PM
See... look how much these men are behind...I know that Casey should be paying too...I know it's his own fault...maybe he just didn't try hard enough to find a job... but here I am looking online at other stuff and find cases of men who owe 45,000 or more and just get told to pay their child support and released.

MamaFairal
11-10-2003, 08:33 PM
i divorced my girls "donor" in 1989 and he was ordered to pay $599 a month in support.
He stopped paying in 1994 and now owes over $62,000.00 in back support.
He was recently picked up for it but agreed to make payments on order.
He pays a measly $32 a month..............yes month!

I went with "supportkids.com" to collect my support. They have collected more in the past yr than any state has ever been able to collect from him since 1994. They do take 30% off top but they go after them with flames firing.

I dont this this friend will be held long if he agrees to amek some sort of payment plan and catches up.
I wish him luck tho!

Angelbear3
11-10-2003, 08:35 PM
hopefully he won't be held long... at the most if they say he has to pay it all to get out it will take me until 12/11 to get that much money together....and then there goes my son's christmas...

justme23
11-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Angelbear3
I just talked to his dad before he went to go see the public defender. Apparently, he didn't even have to be in court today. The documents that were sent to Florida were not real but an attempt by his ex's lawyer to get him in Kentucky.

I'm waiting for his dad to get online to find out what the public defender says... more later

I apologize for this sounding rude... but either someone is not telling you the whole truth OR law enforcement in florida is pretty crappy... but I'm gonna bank on you not having the whole truth. 1. They don't arrest w/out a warrant and based just on papers from a lawyer. 2. The state he was extradited to would not have spent the money to extradite anyone w/out a warrant and if it's more than 2 states away, not even for a contempt of court charge. Extradition proceedings usually cost more than what the offense is worth in terms of fines and they simply do not have the money to toss around like that. There HAS to be more going on here that they are not telling you, cause I don't think you are being dishonest (I don't want you to think I'm calling you a liar, I'm not) I just don't think they are giving you the correct or ALL of the information.

Angelbear3
11-10-2003, 09:01 PM
He wasn't extradited. He got papers here in Florida from her lawyer saying he had to be in court today for failure to pay child support. He went to court but there was no court date...there WAS however a warrant for the thing they said he had to be in court for.

So instead of just telling him there was a warrant out for him, they said he had to be in court when he didn't. And you're right... I haven't been able to talk to him so I'm just going by what his mom and dad tell me

justme23
11-10-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Angelbear3
He wasn't extradited. He got papers here in Florida from her lawyer saying he had to be in court today for failure to pay child support. He went to court but there was no court date...there WAS however a warrant for the thing they said he had to be in court for.

So instead of just telling him there was a warrant out for him, they said he had to be in court when he didn't. And you're right... I haven't been able to talk to him so I'm just going by what his mom and dad tell me

Oh. I didn't get any of that... it makes sense now! Well, I'm still confused but I get how he got back to Kentucky now. I hope he gets this straightened out and gets released soon.

Azriel_LittleHawk
11-10-2003, 11:55 PM
umm...JMO..but if the ex has the $$ to pay an attorney? then she doesn't need his $$ right this very minute!!

geesh..we just got thorugh this with my sons "Male Biological Unit" he went a full year without paying..and without a job for most of that time..the law suspeneded his drivers liscence..and we went to court for it..but by then he had a job and was current on support...sooooooooobasicaly..we were SOL..and he only lost his Driving privileges breifly...if i had the $$ to get a good attorney? various parts of his anatomy would be on my mantle having been dipped in gold.....ie if you have the cash to get the lawyer? you'll get more $$ quicker if it's jsut you? get ready for a wait..and very lil $$... once again..JMHO!!! & EXPERIENCE!!

Angelbear3
11-11-2003, 12:10 AM
especially a lawyer who has a 1500 retainer

Quaker_Parrots
11-11-2003, 04:28 AM
Did your friend divorce the mother? and if so, was it in the decreee he had to pay her lawyer fees? this may be how she is getting her lawyer to do the dirty work. Also(depending on who runs support in the state) they provide the lawyer example, Tennessee(davidson county in particular) support was run by a company called Maximus, they had lawyers, and case workers who did all the dirty work to catch the non paying, non custodial parent, and went to court to represent the custodial parent.(state runs it now, don't know how they do it)Maybe Ky's support is run by a private company that way, to collect the support for the custodial parent?

momfromTN
11-11-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by AngelGrim
what makes me angry is when the woman that gave birth to my step daughter didn't say anything then after 10 years wants child support and the state grants it, they take more out every 6 months, like this last 6 months his payment went up another 53 dollars a month. What gets me is that the dhs is the one that started this and said that she had been on adc for years, but yet she was working for her parents and drawing a check for that too and she drives a brand new camaro and we drive an old truck. Sometimes I just don't get it. I don't think he should have paid for the years that he didn't know and missed out on being her dad.

Sorry, but I disagree. He should have been paying child support all along, not letting the taxpayers do it with ADC. I know it sucks, but when you create children, you should pay for them.

Quaker_Parrots
11-11-2003, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by momfromTN
Sorry, but I disagree. He should have been paying child support all along, not letting the taxpayers do it with ADC. I know it sucks, but when you create children, you should pay for them.

Could be wrong, but the way I read it, sounds like he didn't even know about the child? and they came after him, after 10 years?

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 05:45 AM
i found out after a few phone calls to attorney general they will get you arrested for back child support if you file for government benifits cause they want the money from the father/mother before they want to pay you benifits they told my sister to file for mediciad and what not and they will get child supoort enforced

cpbaby
11-11-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Quaker_Parrots
Maybe Ky's support is run by a private company that way, to collect the support for the custodial parent?

No, KY has s special office to take care of child support enforcement. Its part of the County Attorneys office. I went through them when I had to deal with it. After awhile, I gave up and he eventually gave up rights to my son. I consider myself better off, but Anthony hasnt seen his "daddy" since he was 5 1/2 months old, and he turned 15 this past Sunday.

I am in shock over this whole thing, to be honest. I live in KY and have very seldom heard of people being arrested for back support. USUALLY(I think all I have seen) they are arrested for Flagrant Non-Support, which is like $10,000 behind or more. Maybe it the region I live in(Western KY) and they just dont do that here.

True story. After my husband and I married, his ex wife tried to take us to court for back support becuase she had custody of their son together. The problem was, he lived with us and had NEVER moved out, NEVER. We had to go to court and take signed, notarized statements form x-amount of people saying that he hadnt stayed at her house since the divorce. It was pretty bad for awhile. Shes STILL mad cause she couldnt get support for a child that lived with us and he is 27 now.

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 06:14 AM
for the ladies that have ex's in txs i just also found out our attorny genral was fired recently for spinioning funds for personal use and has not been pursuing child support unless people were on welfare so you might keep trying to get the money you are owed not sure if new peson has been hired or not just saw this on local paper on the internet

momfromTN
11-11-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Quaker_Parrots
Could be wrong, but the way I read it, sounds like he didn't even know about the child? and they came after him, after 10 years?

Ok, if that is the case, then I see the point. But if he did know about the child, then my point still stands. If he didn't know she should only get the child support from the point of discovery, IMO.

Also, it is a tragedy that the state allowed her to draw a ADC check plus keep her working money that she gets to drive a fancy car. Sick.

princessNC
11-11-2003, 07:11 AM
simple enough.. tell him to pay his child support, and he wouldn't be in jail! 3 month's is "long". Think about it. What other bills can you go without paying for 3 months... none!! if you dont pay your mortgage then you have no house to live in.

I do not feel sorry for people who do not pay for there kids. There are to many fathers and mothers outr there not paying for there children. i'm glad to hear that this person is in jail. Maybe he will learn his lesson!

seawinds
11-11-2003, 07:45 AM
I have a question here ..I don`t mean to hijack your thread ok here goes my daughter has a child and her ex-boyfriend is gone when he first left my daughter got AFDC ok I will say for a total of about 6-8 months,,,Then she got a job and does everything on her on..ex was court order to pay 280.00 a month and child care that is 80.00 a week none of which he pays...When the child support did get him in court he was ordered to pay lets say 900.00 of back arrears the AFDC took half of that for AFDC my daughter had got...Ok now the question Why doesn`t he have to pay my daughter her other money...IF AFDC took half my daughter is still out of half of her child support money..This order was put in affect after she was off AFDC...So the way I see it she is still losing money...Shouldn`t he have to pay back the AFDC not my daughter...they are taking it out of the child support that she should be getting now...and get this if he sends it to the child support office they don`t take the money but if he gets behind and he always is...they make him sit in jail until someone pays it and then AFDC takes half of what ever it is to pay back AFDC...she is not on AFDC now and hasn`t been in over a year....I don`t understand it because when I Divorce my first husband and he paid child support when he wanted to I also was on AFDC for about 6 months that was until the court found him...And he had to pay back the AFDC ...They never took any out of my child support checks...:( :(

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 09:22 AM
you might find someone at child support to help on that one he should be paying afdc back but i dont think out of the money he owes her espicially if they are taking half of it everytime i mean she did not seem to be on afdc for very long

AngelGrim
11-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Not to be mean but that is like with my DH, he is paying back the afdc but was it his fault she was on it for 10+ years. It doesn't make sense to me that they always assume the father should pay all of it back. He never benefited from it and is paying child support now. My husband hasn't gotten a tax return in years because they take it all and then even when he gets a bonus in his tax return they snag it too. I know there are a lot of dead beat dads out there but not all of them are and why should they lose over 50% of their pay at times. Plus many fathers don't even get visitation and can't afford an attorney to get any visitation. Sorry Jmo.

Oh and about the thread above, my husband was 17 when his daughter was born, he was not dating this girl and was only with her twice, she left and he didn't even know he even HAD a daughter. Then after 10 years dhs made her come up with the fathers name so that they could go after child support, then out of the blue he was served with child support papers. We had only been married 4 years I about flipped. Neither one of us was ready for it and had no idea about her. So I don't see why he should be considered guilty of being a dead beat dad when he didn't even know she existed. He has paid ever since and is paying for the 10 years he lost out on. He never heard her first word, saw her take her first steps or got to hear her say daddy. That to me is just as wrong!

Angelbear3
11-11-2003, 11:40 AM
He and his wife are not completely divorced yet, the divorce hearing is in February. In the beginning, they were seeking for him to pay her lawyer's fees but at the first hearing he gave the judge a letter in his own defence to the things she was saying and they agreed to drop that and the spousal support if he wouldn't push the issues in the letter.

I agree, he should pay for his children and three months is a long time but it's also not. Not when you consider his cousin who is from Casey County, KY also and is 3 years/8000 dollars behind and he's never been arrested even after they found him. Not when you consider all the other men who owe so much and just get a slap on the wrist. And if he had kept records like we all told him too then he wouldn't be in this situation now because over the first two months he was gone he gave her over $1500 out of his check... he kept $200 and stayed with his mother. Then he lost his job and she went in to court for child support. She actually went for a lot more than that... she wanted him to pay the house payment, the furniture payment, child support, spousal support and all utilities but dropped the rest so that he wouldn't push the other issues in the letter he had written.

Trust me, after all this is taken care of he will be current on his child support. It was just being stuck in Florida with no car that caused such a problem. Had he never brought me home so my son could start school then he'd never have gotten behind in the first place which is why I feel so responsible.

Quaker_Parrots
11-11-2003, 12:06 PM
I think he ought to go after the things in his letter to the judge, turn about is fair play after all

Angelbear3
11-11-2003, 12:15 PM
I agree totally. He just didn't want the divorce to be dirty, for the kid's sake. He wants custody of the boys but was raised to believe children belong with their mother. His oldest boy is 5 and is autistic. His other son is 3. He was online one night with his ex and since my computer is in the living room I pretty much saw all that was being talked about when he'd tell me to come look at it. She had admitted to not being able to handle the autistic son without him and that she has gotten out of control spanking him. I saw her admit that. Then in front of the judge she says that the oldest son doesn't like his father and throws fits anytime he's around. Both boys did throw a fit when visitation came to an end because they wanted to go with their father. My husband and him are brothers. My husband and I have had problems for years and are pretty much only together for my son. Casey and I are only friends, nothing more than that. The other night I got off work early and my husband was on the computer in the livingroom talking to Casey's ex. He had never talked to her before that and that I know of he hasn't talked to her since then. I admit that I was wrong for doing this but curiousity got the best of me and I looked at the archives. They were doing things on cam and stuff like that. They were even talking about hooking up for a fling. It was pretty graphic. Now, what she does is her own business but she goes in front of the judge and says Casey has a girlfriend which is untrue and here she is talking like this with my husband... ugh... this whole thing is turning in to a mess.

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 12:32 PM
if i were you i would print these archives out on paper and approach hubby about them and ask exactly what is going on and i would also see if the chat with the spanking is on record i would also copy it and have casey take this to the judge and show she might now be fit to take care of this autistic child and if their is any record of the $1500 he paid to her anywhere i would show that to the judge also showing he has paid her money so she cant be saying he was not paying nothing

Angelbear3
11-11-2003, 12:40 PM
I don't know if there would be any record of the money he paid because his check was direct deposit and he would just withdraw $50 and leave the rest for her... so unless she wrote checks, which I doubt, I don't know how there could be any record.

I have printed out the archives for the hubby and her conversation but don't know what to do with them. He and I aren't "together" so what he does I don't care. It just ticked me off because she accuses and accuses him and does things like that. There were rumors of her doing stuff like that with his other brother and his cousins also but there's no way of proving that.

As far as archives of when she admitted that stuff to Casey... none... I told him to check but they were disabled and now it is too late for that convo but when he gets back we'll see if she will admit to those things again.

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 12:49 PM
the archives with her and your hubby might help casey in his divorce cause then he can say she was fooling around before they were divorced does he have an bank information that might show she withdrew the money not just checks such as after he left town she took money out i mean atm would show she was taking it out i mean if he is in florida it would show atm withdrawal from there but if locally then it would have to be her

Angelbear3
11-11-2003, 12:50 PM
he didn't come down to florida until after he closed that account... but it is on record (the divorce papers) that he left their home on May 20th and any checks written after that would be signed by her... I'm going to email his mom about this.

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 12:54 PM
just make sure she cant say she was putting money in the account to or she can say the checks she wrote was "her money" not his and have him show how much was in the account when he closed it also so it shows he did not take a bunch of money out maybe this al will help him

Angelbear3
11-11-2003, 12:55 PM
She can't say that she has... she has never had a job before in her life and all the records would show that all deposits were his check direct deposited....and the balance was 0 when it was closed... she took it out to the last penny

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 01:00 PM
make sure the judge knows that did he get account statements each month? it might show what he took out and what she spent the bank might even be able to go back and make copies for him have you heard anything about wether he has appeared before the judge to see if he could get out yet maybe bond or anything?

Angelbear3
11-11-2003, 01:06 PM
I called his mom about two hours ago and she said she hadn't heard anything. I had thought his first appearance would be today but since it's a holiday... maybe not. If not then surely he would go for first appearance tomorrow.

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 01:17 PM
with it a holiday i doubt it holidays always screw up court stuff so it may be later than that hopefully they will let him bond out at least not sure how all systems work also of he bonds out he wont be able to leave town any time soon is there anyway he can get his job interview for the job changed maybe if he shows he was not working and trying to get a job the judge will be nice to him and let him leave town to go to the interview but they may make him pay in full if he is planning on leaving town but each judge is different does he have anyone he can borrow the money from if he does have to pay it all

AngelGrim
11-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Im sorry but for your husband to even consider chatting with her like that knowing how she is treating his own brother is low down and dirty. Jmo. I hope that everything turns out ok. Will pray for your family.

Angelbear3
11-11-2003, 01:27 PM
I agree AngelGrim... I was shocked by it because this is his brother going through so much.

As far as him staying up there until it's all paid...if it comes to that then so be it. At least he wouldn't be in jail where he CAN'T pay it. He can do odd jobs in the county such as chopping/selling wood for everyone's woodstoves. With my help, him doing odd jobs and his mom's help then he should have it caught up pretty quickly.

Fortunately, the place where he had the interview needs people very badly right now so they should still need them when he gets home. His not having a car won't matter because it's not too far from my house plus two of his cousins started working there last week so they could give him a ride.

Speaking of his cousin, the one that owes 8000 back child support was just here. He told me he thinks Casey should be out soon because when they found him all that happened is a cop came to his work and told him he had to start paying or he would be arrested. They garnish his check now..... $300/month.

momfromTN
11-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by AngelGrim
Not to be mean but that is like with my DH, he is paying back the afdc but was it his fault she was on it for 10+ years. It doesn't make sense to me that they always assume the father should pay all of it back. He never benefited from it and is paying child support now. My husband hasn't gotten a tax return in years because they take it all and then even when he gets a bonus in his tax return they snag it too. I know there are a lot of dead beat dads out there but not all of them are and why should they lose over 50% of their pay at times. Plus many fathers don't even get visitation and can't afford an attorney to get any visitation. Sorry Jmo.

Oh and about the thread above, my husband was 17 when his daughter was born, he was not dating this girl and was only with her twice, she left and he didn't even know he even HAD a daughter. Then after 10 years dhs made her come up with the fathers name so that they could go after child support, then out of the blue he was served with child support papers. We had only been married 4 years I about flipped. Neither one of us was ready for it and had no idea about her. So I don't see why he should be considered guilty of being a dead beat dad when he didn't even know she existed. He has paid ever since and is paying for the 10 years he lost out on. He never heard her first word, saw her take her first steps or got to hear her say daddy. That to me is just as wrong!

I misunderstood your original thread. I agree he should only have to pay from the moment of discovery, not the whole 10 yrs. How awful.

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 01:34 PM
it all sounds like it might be looking up at least he is wanting to pay some of the men i know wont even consider paying it i have a friend who her ex went as far as quitting his job so he would not have to pay and when they arrest him he just "sits it out" the judge makes him get a job and then shortly there after when they start taking support out of his check he finds a way to get fired or quits

Angelbear3
11-11-2003, 01:36 PM
That's what his cousin did for the past 3 years... he's just now starting stay at a job where they're garnishing him... he's only made one payment so far though

TxWildCherry
11-11-2003, 01:43 PM
I agree he should only have to pay from the moment of discovery, not the whole 10 yrs
she never bothered to tell him is just wrong and he should not have to pay if he did not know

Angelbear3
11-12-2003, 05:39 PM
I just spoke with the jail and he did have court today. He was fined $1,172.00 and will be staying in jail until he can pay it... gee, that makes sense doesn't it.

cpbaby
11-12-2003, 05:53 PM
If you dont mind me asking, WHAT part of Ky is he in? I have never heard of such around here.

Angelbear3
11-12-2003, 06:12 PM
He's in Casey County, KY

suzy_9680
11-13-2003, 01:58 PM
Sometimes I wonder where women find these fantastic men. It should be a big red light with sirens going off in your head when you find out a guy is behind on his child support. It's a definate reason not to get involved. I've known women who have even been known to pay off a man's child support for him. My mother did it for 10 years.

Angelbear3
11-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Not all men who are behind in child support are bad. Just because my brother-in-law didn't have a job for three months... the first time in 8 years he's been without work... does not make him a bad person.

Angelbear3
11-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Neither did mine

cpbaby
11-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Casey County, thats Liberty, right?

Angelbear3
11-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Yep, that's where he is

Angelbear3
11-15-2003, 02:08 AM
Yes... things are going so much better for me now. I had gone to Kentucky over the summer to take my mind off things and just got back home in August. I started working and it is such a relief to have my OWN money and not be dependent on someone else. Not only that, but I LOVE my job... I'm doing tech support on MSN Internet Access... I get to be online all night... :D perfect for me.

My son is having trouble in kindergarten. He's not adjusting too well. Now, he's really missing his uncle. He doesn't understand why he's not here because when he left we had told Cody that he would be home in a couple days...

I changed my yahoo name and I'm on MSN all night at work... pm me if you want either one and we'll chat...