PDA

View Full Version : Rough Day Im Glad Its Over!

Shellshell
11-08-2003, 11:38 PM
I woke up at 5:58 am to pick my 2 kids up and heard a noise rush by my ear as I was entering my car. Tired as I was I got in and ignored it. We got out of the car and the kids went in the house I heard another noise fly by my ear. I look up the road and find my wonderful new neighbors nephew,son or whatever he was shooting a gun in my direction! It hit the tree where I had gotten out of the car only about a two feet away. My hubby went and had words with him. I got settled in the house while the kids where sleeping and hubby worked on our tractor the entire day. My other neighbor decides he is going to have his tree cut down. (The tree which just had a hole put in it from a bullet that almost hit me) The man who cut it was suppose to be certified and very qualified! I was sitting here at my computer next thing I know the tree falls right in front of my bay window! Rips out the wires on the electrical pole and lands on top of my house! The kids woke up with all the noise and they where cranky from not getting any sleep. They fixed the wires got the tree pulled out of my driveway and in front of my window after 3 hours of figuring out if I should leave my home or not. I didnt have to leave the kids went to bed and now Im sitting here wondering if thats where I should be. What a day!

justme23
11-09-2003, 02:01 AM
Your husband had words? I'm sorry, but I seriously think the police should have been called and a report made. Maybe it would scare him enough so that there won't be a 'next time it could be your head' incident! I'm so glad you are all ok!

BeanieLuvR
11-09-2003, 03:43 AM
{{{{Shellshell}}}} I am thankful you and your kids are ok.

ieatalot
11-09-2003, 05:57 AM
you need to get a picture of that bullet hole or that part of the tree, call the cops & make a report. The next time you hear a noise, that could be the last thing you ever hear. What if they (the neighbors kids) decide to fire it in the direction of your home & your kids are in the line of fire? You would never be able to forgive yourself if something happened to them. Please report this before something else happens.

schsa
11-09-2003, 10:09 AM
The neighbor cut the tree or he had an experienced tree cutter? Either way, someone is responsible for your bay window and it's not your home owners insurance. I would ask about insurance and get someone out there to replace the window as soon as possible. In the meantime you can board it up and move to a hotel at the cost of their insurance.

As for the bullet, I would be reporting it to the police as well. What if it has hit you?

Unicornmom77
11-09-2003, 01:42 PM
THANK GOD YOU ARE ALL OK!! Whew what a day, I agree!! (((((((((((((HUGS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY))))))))))))))))))))

Shellshell
11-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Thanks all and (((hugs))))! I called the police on him and they did approach him because the tree that was cut down was still laying there with a hole in it. A shot gun was used.He told the police he needed more practice! The officer spoke with my other 3 neighbors which 2 of them are lawyers and the other a game warden. They all said they heard the shots. I do know one thing they stuck him in the back of the police car and took him away. His words were practice and where else am I suppose to shoot? I thought about my kids getting hurt but thought it would mean trouble at first with my new neighbors. Then I thought why should I put up with someone shooting this way? Now I have a neighbor that hates me but that was uncalled for. My Bay window is alright it just fell in front of it not into it. The person who cut the tree was suppose to be qualified and had insurance if there was any damage. Today has been more peaceful than yesterday. Just nerve racking not knowing what if my neighbors will start shooting again. The Game warden couldnt understand why he didnt use the field behind our houses to practice instead of shooting up our homes.

laughsalot
11-09-2003, 06:56 PM
{{{{Shellshell}}}} Oh my goodness, I am so glad that you and your kids didnt get hurt.

HaveKids,LostMind
11-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Thank goodness you are ok! And your house will be repaired. And if ya ever feel like you're having a bad day, just read your siggy back to yourself......:)