PDA

View Full Version : FFA Teacher..........

TX_Cowgirl
11-08-2003, 06:03 AM
Well i have never posted a gripe here
but here we go...

The ag teacher and a few of the fathers always go every year and buy the kids stock show animals if they want them to..all you have to do is tell him what breed, what shows, and how much you want to spen...
Ok so last year we had him get my son a pig.. We got a nice one but we never got no receipt. No big deal...

Then this year my son had the opportunity to get a pig from a local man in a small town about 75 miles from us..So i took my son over and we looked at it and he picked one out...He got an excellent pig..I was proud of him for chosing his own....But now here is the problem.

at the ffa meeting before they left on their annual buying trip, we informed the teacher my son had already purchased his animal...So all that we needed was for him to come and castarate him and tag him for us...We keep our animal at our house since we live 10 miles outside of town, and not at the ag barns in town...My son has asked him everyday for the last week in class when are you going to come out? All the teacher kept saying was yea i need to get out there....
My son has had his animal for 6 wks and the ag teacher hasnt even bothered to come out and do his job!!!!

My son told me last year he knew the ag teacher didnt like him.....
I am getting so mad at this teacher for not tending to all of his students....I think he should be proud that my son didnt rely on him to purchase his animal that he thought he had learned enough in class to purchase his own...
I dont know I am so ready to push this man down its not even funny........

Any suggestions??????????????

cch
11-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Wow! Here it's not the AG teachers responcibility to do. I agree with Raven, just get someone else to. Or could you take the pig to the AG teacher?

LOL sorry AG = agriculture (that's what they are here) FFA is only an intracaricular activity.

Gumball1960
11-08-2003, 09:01 AM
I agree with the others, get someone else to do it. Has that teacher got an FFA boss? Call & ask them what his job entails. Then you'll know if he's doing all he's supposed to be doing.

TX_Cowgirl
11-08-2003, 09:31 AM
Thanks everyone....
But the ag teacher does it here along with the vet so that it only costs the kids $6.00..if he doesnt want to do it that is all he has to say insteand of putting my son off all the time, and for him to tag it is his responsibility(msp)...That has to do with all the major shows and all...
My main gripe is him not helping all the kids....like he should...since they are doing it through the ffa program at school then yes it is his responsibility to come around and check on the animals see how the animal is progressing and see if they need something else...He should treat all the kids the same...No matter what......

TX_Cowgirl
11-08-2003, 11:40 AM
that is my next step
you can tell by the look on the teachers face he hates to hve to talk to us and we have done nothing to make him mad or not want to help us...we have pitched in and helped everyone that has needed it cleaning up loading unloading helping at the shows....
But I am going to talk to him and My husband and I discussed it and we are taking the pig to the vet in another town and have him fixed...
..Thank you so much for letting me vent.........