PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh!

momfromTN
11-07-2003, 03:54 PM
I am gonna run away. I go into check my email while the kids are watching a movie. I was only gone about 5-10 min tops. We have a small house. I come out to find the ENTIRE living room covered in bread machine flour!!!! ALL OVER EVERYTHING~! Then I discover my 6 yr old has written on a wall in my bedroom and on the wall in his. He must have done it earlier while I thought they were playing in their room and I was doing laundry. He is TOO BIG to do such a thing. I do watch my kids, and I don't understand how they can be so quick. I guess I will have to make them come in with me to check email and everywhere else I go. I am taking the videotapes and the TV out of the livingroom, and I will lock up the pens and pencils and he will get them ONLY when I am right there, watching his every move. I just spent an hour cleaning my living room and I still have my hallway to go. and they are bathed and in bed. I made them go to bed. I just want to scream! I am SO MAD I could just spit nails. My DH is out of town until late tonight. I feel like a single parent sometimes. I am covered in flour and I had planned to work tonight (I work from home) but I cannot because I have a huge mess to finish cleaning up. I hate my life right now!!! I want to run away and never ever come back. The worst thing is, the 4 yr old did the flour and the 6 yr old didn't even tell me what was going on. I swear! I want to know what I ever did to deserve such a life?

Ok, rant over. This has been the icing on the cake of a lousy day!:mad: I do not drink but boy I could sure use one right now!

cindylee
11-07-2003, 03:58 PM
This makes me miss my kids being little! Really! Aw, I know it is so hard sometimes but just think one day your house will be so quiet and clean...and you will miss them and their messes.
Take some time for yourself while they are sleeping and soak in a tub or read a nice book and remember this won't last forever although you will want it to.
:)

zitra
11-07-2003, 04:02 PM
((((HUGS)))) reminds me of when my kids were younger.. I left them in the kitchen eating, adn went o my room to put away some laundry, when I came back the ENTIRE kitchen was covered in water ..the kids had taken the spray nozzle in he kiten and sprayed everything..curtains were dripping/ceiling was dripping/water all over the floor (thought Iwas goig nto freak out!)

Kelsey1224
11-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Nope...don't miss the messes. My son...whom I love dearly...will be getting married next year. Then Hubby and I will have over 2800 sq. ft to live in ALL BY OURSELVES. It will stay clean. There will be no glasses left all over the place. It will be wonderful!!!

Don't get me wrong...I love my children...but I certainly don't miss the messes.

(Now...if you are talking about my grandson...he can make all the messes he wants...LOL!)

MomfromTN...here are some hugs for you. Sounds like you really need it.

cindylee
11-07-2003, 04:09 PM
LOL Kelsey! I figure my house will stay clean for maybe 2-5 yrs until the grandkids come along! LOL One thing I know for sure, this mother job never ends and for that I am grateful.

laughsalot
11-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Hugs to you! Hope your day gets better!

momfromTN
11-07-2003, 04:11 PM
I love my boys, I really do. I just needed to let it all out. I usually do ok when DH is gone, as I am very independent, but it has been a bad week.

Thanks guys.

Unicornmom77
11-07-2003, 10:13 PM
((((((((((((((((((((BIG FAT IN THE SAME BOAT HUGS FOR YOU)))))))))))))))))))))))

Sorry you had to spend all that time cleaning!! I try to refrain from it as much as posssiable! LOL J/K I WISH I COULD BE SERIOUS!!

BLESS YOUR HEART!

momfromTN
11-08-2003, 02:54 AM
Well, I feel a lot better now. I made those boys bathe and go to bed at 6:30, and finished the clean up. I later found some more flour under the couch and love seat (we have vinyl flooring) but I am too tired to deal right now. In fact, thinking about their faces and bodies covered in white powder kind of makes me chuckle. LOL! But still, the cupboard locks are going in this weekend. No more flour showers for us!!!

cch
11-08-2003, 08:46 AM
LOL I used to be the same way & my kids were awful - I think the worst was when they painted their bedroom (only had 2 at the time & they shared a room) with shaving cream while I was in the shower, or when I had the flu and was throwing up in the bathroom, my 3rd was only about 6 months old and the oldest painted her with yellow craft paint. Thank God it was non toxic! It does get better, now my older 3 all have their own rooms & space away from each other and the messes aren't much more than not picking up their own toys. They're also big enough that if they spill something the know they better clean it up because if I have to it's time outs for everyone. Hang in there, I was always told that their kids will give it to them even worse than they do you! I can't wait until I have grandkids and I get to say "Well you did that when you were little..."

Gumball1960
11-08-2003, 09:09 AM
My DD hasn't gone the flour route, (she can't reach it) but she went one better (or is that worse?) She "fingerpainted" out of her diaper & training pants on the white walls in the living room and the tan carpet in there. UGH! I had to buy a bottle of pet stain remover to get it out of the carpet and scrubbed the wall so hard I think the paint was starting to come off! :eek: :p

Azriel_LittleHawk
11-09-2003, 12:51 AM
firstly *HUG* hope you feel better...
2ndly...why didn't you make at LEAST the 6 yr old HELP clean up the mess he helped make?
i have to admit...my kids do make alot less mess's now...due entirley to my policy of " If you MAKE the MESS? YOU will CLEAN said mess up"
my 6 yr old is more organised than I am!! *LOL* i guess it just goes by the kid huh? i am still curious as to where she got the anti chaos gene..cause it straight didn't come from me.
now my 10 yr old? he an i got the chaos gene in spades. *sigh*

hope things get better!!
:)

momfromTN
11-09-2003, 06:16 AM
I would normally have made them BOTH help, but I was SO MAD at the time, it was best they got out of the way and into the tub and let me go at it by myself. Then, I could approch them a little more rationally later on.

HaveKids,LostMind
11-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Sounds about likle my house! I feel your pain!

ooops
11-10-2003, 11:03 AM
I know exactly what you are going through. I AM a single parent.
My two are in their teens now, but I never forget the "memorable"
moments... could not even take a bath for fear.
Some examples: Thought my son had ring worm.. come to find out my
daughter was biting him when I left the room. Other times I would
find crushed eggs under their beds.. matted in the rug.
I pray for you. It only can get better. LOL
Hang in there and take care.

sunshine2
11-10-2003, 01:20 PM
oh my my son once dumped baby oil over the kitchen and was playing slip and slide it was all over him and the kitchen what a mess!

AngelGrim
11-10-2003, 01:38 PM
The diaper thing just about made me turn green lol

Taegus
11-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Not that it will make things better for you, but my "aarggghhh - these kids are driving me crazy story" is when I worked nights and the boys got up while I was still resting (they were five and three and I slept from the time I got off of work until 9am or so, my husband kept them up late so they would sleep until then) Anyway, they got up early and I didn't hear them. I got up around 9 and they had been up and the sweeties were trying to make their own breakfast. There were a dozen eggs smashed on the floor, the entire gallon of milk all over the floor. They kiddos decided they couldn't make breakfast so they sat and watched TV while the egg hardened in their hair and the milk soured on their clothes.

I can look back now and laugh - (they are 11 and 13) - but at the time I just sat down and cried.