PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about auction.....

hotwheelstx
11-07-2003, 03:10 PM
There was an auction posted last month that I bid on. I won it. That was great really wanted the items.....I pm'd the person and asked them to send me their name, address so I could get payment out right away to them. I never heard back from them.

This morning opened up my email and there's a note from this person asking if I still wanted the items....I replied and said yes. I asked they send me their name and address and I'd get payment in mail by tomorrow.

I haven't heard from this person....the auction was over 2 weeks ago.

They never contacted me to tell me I'd won...and (I hoped that I'd win but it wasn't a biggie) I didn't watch the auction. (didn't think I'd have to...never have) I'm more than willing to pay for items that I bid on but, I'm not sure since they waited over 2 weeks to email me. I'm good w/keeping up w/payments and send outs. I usually email the day I send out payments to let them know. I haven't sent out anything yet and I'm not sure I should.

Any advice????

TIA :confused: :confused: :confused:

cch
11-07-2003, 03:35 PM
If you do, I would definatly request delivery confirmation so I'd know when the package was shipped, etc. It's usually only .55 more and worth it!

cindylee
11-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Is their feedback good? If so I would just guess they are really busy lately that is why they didn't contact you. But still 2 weeks is a long time..hhhmmm. I guess it depends on how bad you wanted the items.
Hope it works out for ya!

FREES4ME
11-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Can you please email me? I'll explain why, then. Thanks! ;)

FREES4ME@HOTMAIL.COM

guesswho!
11-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Have you tried sending a regular email?(inst.of PM) I know this sounds silly but i didn't find the PM section at bbs ubtil in desparation at the library while my computer was being repaired. Due to virus protection, the lib.computers won't let u click & respond to an email addy posted in forums!

I've still haven't used the PM that comes up when i start the computer & i frequently forget to check them at bbs.

Just a thought!

hotwheelstx
11-09-2003, 02:00 AM
Yes, I did. Finally received an email asking if I'd sent payment to them. If it takes you over 2 weeks to get a hold of me to ask if I've sent the payment then, I'm not interested.

Computer went down, went on vacation....that's the explanation they finally gave me.

Originally posted by guesswho!
Have you tried sending a regular email?(inst.of PM) I know this sounds silly but i didn't find the PM section at bbs ubtil in desparation at the library while my computer was being repaired. Due to virus protection, the lib.computers won't let u click & respond to an email addy posted in forums!

I've still haven't used the PM that comes up when i start the computer & i frequently forget to check them at bbs.

Just a thought!

sweet~n~sassy
11-09-2003, 09:00 AM
There was an auction posted last month that I bid on. I won it. That was great really wanted the items.....I pm'd the person and asked them to send me their name, address so I could get payment out right away to them. I never heard back from them.

This morning opened up my email and there's a note from this person asking if I still wanted the items....I replied and said yes. I asked they send me their name and address and I'd get payment in mail by tomorrow.

I haven't heard from this person....the auction was over 2 weeks ago.

They never contacted me to tell me I'd won...and (I hoped that I'd win but it wasn't a biggie) I didn't watch the auction. (didn't think I'd have to...never have) I'm more than willing to pay for items that I bid on but, I'm not sure since they waited over 2 weeks to email me. I'm good w/keeping up w/payments and send outs. I usually email the day I send out payments to let them know. I haven't sent out anything yet and I'm not sure I should.

If you don't think you should send payment, then you should have just told the person that you are no longer interested instead of saying you still wanted the items.

FREES4ME
11-09-2003, 09:10 AM
In my opinion, if I had to wait 2 weeks for a reply, I could only imagine how long I would have to wait for my package. I think hotwheelstx is entitled to change her mind considering the circumstances. This person has not one, but 2 feedbacks saying just how late she can be and one of those that implies that she lies about when she sends her items (saying she sent one date, but package is postmarked after). Not to mention, she won an auction of mine on October 3 and I still haven't received payment, although she says she sent it. :rolleyes:

harloo
11-09-2003, 09:27 AM
I always check feedback before I bid on someone's auction. That way I know who I'm dealing with. I would not go through with it, because 2 weeks is a little too long to email someone about a auction. Also if the feedback is correct then you will have problems later on which is something you want to avoid.

sweet~n~sassy
11-09-2003, 09:30 AM
I understand what you are saying frees4me. i would not pay if i had to wait 2 weeks for a reply either. but hotwheels said she had gotten an email this morning and told the person she still wanted the items. if she was having second thoughts then she should have told the person she wasnt interested.

FREES4ME
11-09-2003, 09:51 AM
sweet~n~sassy....I understand what you are saying, too. :D I think it was a hard situation for hotwheels, because she really did want the items. :( I think she found out about the other "info" after she said she still wanted the items. I don't know, guess I should let her speak for herself. ;)

hotwheelstx
11-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by FREES4ME
sweet~n~sassy....I understand what you are saying, too. :D I think it was a hard situation for hotwheels, because she really did want the items. :( I think she found out about the other "info" after she said she still wanted the items. I don't know, guess I should let her speak for herself. ;)

FREE4ME is correct...I found out the other after I'd told this person I wanted the items. I did check feeback before bid it's not bad. I'm not going to leave any feedback on this person...I don't feel that it's fair. I know some think I should. I'm not out any money.

1. I can understand having computer problems for a few days and not getting back w/someone.

2. I CAN'T understand going on vacation and getting back and sending an email asking if/when I sent payment.

3. Here's thier last pm to me: In part it says:

i am sorry it took me awhile but my puter was down and then i was out of town for a week and just getting back to the grind. if u chnaged ur mind, fine. no biggie, no hard feelings

This was dated Nov. 7, 2003.

Obviously they are not in any big hurry to get rid of the items they had listed. Plus, I'm very good about contacting people when I've purchased off this board. I've only had one bad buying experience on here.....item was broken when I received it...Still I was in contact w/seller and problem was resolved.

This is what made me leary of sending out the money

I received this email Nov. 6, 2003

Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:56:42 -0500

just cking to see if u sent your pmt yet for the ******auction...thanks:)

My reply:

No, I haven't. I never received any information where to send the payment. I watched the auction. Knew that I'd won pm'd you about your name and address.

Never received a reply back.

If you still want me to get it...please send info. to here or pm me on BBS.

Still no name or address not even in the email address. All there was was, an initial.

This person had/has my email address or could of pm'd here. If it were me and I wanted to sell items I had at auction....I wouldn't leave someone "up in the air" about it til you get back from vacation. That's not a viable excuse.

This didn't sound like an "emergency" leave imo. If it was I could understand that as well. Plus, in the pm they stated "no biggie".

I changed my mind after I found out further information about this person. This may not happen w/all their trades/auctions but it did w/mine.

I'm glad that I didn't send my money...well, I couldn't of. I don't know this persons name or address. I guess it worked out for the best.

I did want the items when I bid on them. You can only wait so long before you give up. My email address was listed in my bid plus, I sent them a pm. What more can/could I do???? Ball's in their court and obviously it wasn't important enough to them to keep in contact w/buyer.

FREES4ME
11-09-2003, 11:20 AM
LMBO...was the initial "G"? That's all I ever got in emails, too! ;) :p :rolleyes:

hotwheelstx
11-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by FREES4ME
LMBO...was the initial "G"? That's all I ever got in emails, too! ;) :p :rolleyes:

You got it!!!!! How'd you know????...lol