PDA

View Full Version : Photography/Cameras?

Daizy5936
11-07-2003, 10:36 AM
I've been interested in photography for a few years now, but am just now lookin around at different types of cameras. I don't know anything about cameras, but what I'm lookin for is something that has a good distance zoom-wise (i.e. so I can get some good pics at concerts and stuff like that). I know, kind of a weird post, but I'm hoping someone out there could help point me in the right direction. :)

sadie01
11-07-2003, 12:23 PM
I too have had a secret intrest.. I have been taking pics atthe moto cross track of my boy friend when he rides etc.. and they come out great! He has an old Nikon, I think. It has all the diffrent lenses etc... I was told once that the older cameras like that work the best. True?! I don't know, but I have gotten great shots of Mike jumping jumps and speeding around the corners. lol Sorry I am not much of a help to you on this..
But if you are lookingfor a camera like that, try a pawn shop. They always have some on hand..

Crueheadchick
11-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Hey guys, I am an amature photographer. I can give you some info on some camera brands. Nikon are well known for there quality of lenses, but they are also a bit more expensive. Canon, my favorite, is one of the most used brands that I know of. I personally have a Canon Rebel 2000 with a 28-80mm lens. I believe that size lens is standard when buying a Canon camera. The rebel 2000 came out a few years ago so you can get it for a much better deal now, I think between $200-300. There is also a cheaper Canon Rebel G. It has less options than the 2000. Canon also just came out with there Canon T1, which is basically an upgraded version of the rebel 2000. Minolta is also a fairly respectable brand and I think just a little cheaper than Canon, but most people I know prefer the Canons. I also bought a bigger lens which is awesome for distance. Its a Canon lens and its a 75-300mm lens. You can also get these things to put on your camera that double your lens mm, so it would make my 75-300 a 150-600mm! But the doublers are kinda pricey. Also when buying film; Kodak gold is some of the best film, and try using ISO 400 speed as opposed to 200 speed. 800 speed can be good in sporting events too. Hope I helped out some
:D :) :cool:

Daizy5936
11-09-2003, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all the great tips! :D