PDA

View Full Version : For thos who live in Vegas or have visited often...

gemini26
11-07-2003, 08:36 AM
We will be going to Vegas the day before and the day of Thanksgiving. First night we are staying at the Texas Station and the second night is at Harrahs. We have family we will be going to for Thanksgiving dinner but the night before or even Thanksgiving night we will need to eat somewhere. Where have you eaten that is good and is not expensive? Any buffets you can reccommend?

Princess4J
11-07-2003, 09:25 AM
MY FAVORITES ;
SAMS TOWN * NOT NEAR THE STRIP
TREASURE ISLAND
PARIS * GREAT SERVICE, REALLY NICE PEOPLE.

STAY AWAY FROM

LUXOR * NOT MUCH VARIETY, COLD, TOO EXPENSIVE.

Kelsey1224
11-07-2003, 09:53 AM
You know...most buffet's are decent. Avoid Imperial Palace and Circus Circus...yuchhh! Sam's Club (again...it is a few miles from the strip) has a GREAT buffet for the price.

Best buffet is VERY expensive, but well worth it. It is the Seafood Buffet at The Rio...(The Rio has a good regular buffet which is separate from the Seafood one as well.) The Seafood Buffet is $30 an adult...but you get your money's worth if you like seaford. The lobster alone is worth the price and it is ALL YOU CAN EAT!!! The seafood is fixed every imaginable way...and there is also shrimp...crab...fish...sushi...you name it! It is amazing. PLUS...it has the most incredible desert bar with loads of different cakes, pies, petitfors (sp?), tarts, etc.

Gosh...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

gemini26
11-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Thanks guys! We don't like seafood so that one would not be good.

Princess4J
11-07-2003, 11:01 AM
A SIDE NOTE ; IF YOU GO TO TREASURE ISLAND
THE RESTROOMS ARE VERY FAR FROM THE BUFFET !
SO IF YOU HAVE KIDS W/ YOU HAVE THEM GO BEFORE.

*UNLESS THEY HAVE CHANGED IT*

ALSO GO ON THE ROLLERCOATER AT "NEW YORK' NEW YORK" FOR ME. I CAN'T EVER GET ANYONE TO GO W/ ME :(

gemini26
11-07-2003, 12:33 PM
You still can't Pj!! I hate roller coasters. Hubby would do it though.

Dolly<3
11-07-2003, 01:51 PM
I ALWAYS eat at this place in Caeser's Palace. It's not a buffet, but it's sort of like one. It's hard to explain. There are different stations that serve different types of food. You can get nachos from the Mexican stand and french fries from the American stand. They're all made by chefs. They give you HUGE portions too. You get whatever you want and then pay at the end where there's a cashier. It's great. I eat there if we're not eating at a restuarant. My favorite restuarant is Spago and this italian restuarant I can't remember the name of (also in Caeser's Palace).