PDA

View Full Version : sigh money money money

babystar0729
11-06-2003, 10:44 PM
I know money does not bring happiness but it sure does help you sleep better..... it sure takes headaches away... it sure does help you provide for your family...

*sigh* I am not asking to be a millionaire... I just want things to go back to the way they once were :( We have had money problems for over a year but this is the worst ever.. we had never been this deep!!!!! my husband has worked 2days out of the WHOLE month!!!!!!!! ( aprox 4 weeks) :( I cant sleep, I cant stop crying I cant stop worring.... when does this all end???

TFL :(

flowerfairy
11-06-2003, 10:48 PM
(((((babystar0729)))) I hope things get better soon hon.... I have been in your position several times and its very hard. If I can send you any coupons or anything please pm me.

babystar0729
11-06-2003, 10:52 PM
You are so sweet thanks...

babystar0729
11-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks chelle.... I am sorry you are going through it too. I think we are losing the house :( we havent made a payment in a month and they called and said they could put it on sale :(
I never thought they could so fast.. I mean, just for one payment?? I thought they would do that if you skipped 3 or 4 payments but one?? geez! :(

YYounghouse
11-07-2003, 08:52 AM
hope things look up soon.
((((hug)))))

the1bea
11-07-2003, 09:28 AM
I tried PMing you but your box is full. I know how much it sucks to not have the money that you need. The past few years have been the hardest for us. This year is better then all of the previous years hubby and me has had. I hope things get better for you and your family soon.

mimi37
11-07-2003, 09:36 AM
I hope things get better for you soon. I know what you are going thru. In just 2 months time we have hit rock bottom and there's no relief in sight.

babystar0729
11-07-2003, 11:28 AM
thanks everyone, I will clean my PM box in a minute, thanks! there is absoluely NO hope for us right now. We have used EVERY source we have and we will lose the house and everything . My husband owns his truck and we are selling it, that means of course no work sourse ( not that there has been any work in the last month) e have had money prolems before, when we first got married, my hubby was making $200 per week, somehow we managed to pay the rent that was $400 a month truck payment that was $300 and gas and food. we had NOT ONE cent extra, but we made it. Now it is even worse. We have to pay for the truck insurance which is outrageous ( $300 per month , house payment, food, gas, diesel fro truck, rent for the place the hubby parks his truck, services, CC payments, pet food etc. There is just absolutely NO money. ZERO!! we have maxed out our CC , relatives have lent us money etc.. there is just NO hope! The only reason I have internet access is because my mom pays it so we can be in touch instead of taking on the phone. I dont know what to do!!
I have looked for a job also and nothing. I am starting to sell stuff too. I sold some gold earings I had to my hubbys aunt, we bought food with that. I sold some books we had, I got $11 and we bought food or maybe payed a bill... I want to have a garage sale and the weather is no helping, plus you have to get a permit here, which is another $10 plus supplies for the signs :( I just dont see the light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like I am under water and I cant wait to get out to the surface and be able to breath again!

cch
11-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Listing things for sale/auction here is free, there are also a lot of other sites like BBS you could list on, or there are a bunch of auction sites that charge a small fee per listing that you could sell things at.

DaLilPeachy
11-07-2003, 12:00 PM
((((((((Babystar)))))))) I'm so sorry. Please try to keep your chin up

babystar0729
11-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi I am listining things for sale here too I dont know of any sites that do this, and i really hope I sell things! I have placed 3 auctions, I need $ to buy my son winter clothes! all of his pants are too short for him and I already got him a good jacket at garage sale for $5 but he needs long sleeve shirts, sweatpants and sweat shirts etc...
thanks everyone for listening!

feliciac
11-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by *chelle*
They won't take your house away for missing only one payment
they are just trying to scare you - we were behind 6 months
before we lost our house :(

(((((((((babystar)))))))))

First, I want to say that I am very sorry for the things you are going through. Money problems suck, I've been there too.

But coming from a banking background, they can take back anything you use as security the day after a payment is missed. And it doesn't matter if it is the first payment you have missed or the fourteenth. I know that sounds harsh, and most banks wait until you are significantly behind, but please don't take it for granted that they will. Call the bank and let them know what is going on, see if they will work with you. Some won't, but most would rather work with you then go throught the expense of repoing anything.

booker'sbaby24
11-07-2003, 01:41 PM
i know how you feel. we are in the same situation. we have been trying to file bankruptcy but legal aid will not help until someone sues you. that is crazy! well, i just keep praying everyday. my husband is the only one working and we have a 17 month old little girl. Christmas is going to be hard this year but we will get her gifts somehow.

cindylee
11-07-2003, 03:49 PM
This site does help people, just wanted to post it in case you would like to check it out.

http://www.modestneeds.org/

You can request up to 1,000 but most requests that are filled are smaller than that. It has to be a one time emergency situation (like your electric being shut off, etc).
I hope they are able to help you. :)

cindylee
11-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Oh forgot to mention, if you want to send me a list of the things you are selling I may want a few things? You can email me at
lhocker@charter.net

babystar0729
11-07-2003, 04:11 PM
thank you condylee, I went there and guess what??? webtv users cant use the buletin board where you ask for help!!!! ARGH!! can you all believe my luck???!?!?!?!?!

:( geeezzzzzzzzz

Thanks a lot anyway!!!!!!

cindylee
11-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Try this!

If you don't have regular access to the Internet, or you'd like to send a request for help, a gift, or a personal note via regular mail, we'd love to hear from you as well. You can write to Modest Needs at the following address:

Modest Needs
PO Box 330307
Nashville, TN 37203-7502
USA

Just tell them you could not use it because of the webtv and write them a letter asking for a specific amount. So if you need food say how much you need, 100..150..200 etc. If you have a shut off for electric, tell them the exact amount(ex 212.78). If you need a mortgage payment, again exact amount down to the penny. They will send the payment directly to your creditor unless you ask for food money then they send you Walmart GC's.
I know this works because last year I was without food and I asked them for 75.00 and they sent me Walmart GC's and then I had to send the receipt from walmart back to them to prove I spent it on food.
Write them and see what they can do, first think of whatever you need help with the most. If you don't get approved this month you can submit a request every month until you do get funded.
I hope that helps.:)

christianw27
11-07-2003, 06:53 PM
good luck dear, I've been there too, I came out of it ok

Unicornmom77
11-07-2003, 09:37 PM
I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU HUN!! I wish I could help!! I honestly do! But the only thing I can offer now are my prayers and a listening ear! Email me if you ever need to talk! Unicornmom773@msn.com

~Wendy

cpbaby
11-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by *chelle*

If you file straight bankrupcy don't put the house on there
because they will take it.chapter 13 you pay payments each
month.for the house you will pay what you are behind.
Your only allowed 3 years on the chapter 13

Good Luck Hon :)

Not all banks will. We had to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy 5 years ago due to my husbands business failing and we reaffirmed on the house. It lowered our payments by almost half and only stretched them out an extra 7 years. It seriously saved our house.

Gitty
11-08-2003, 04:04 PM
This is personal, but, Was your husband or you ever in the service (army, navy, ect.) If so they will help you by paying your house payment, if it's not over the alotted amount. They helped us up to $650. since our payment was only $490. they paid it and gave us the rest in a food voucher. Check with local churches, some of them will help you with the payment. If you can get it all back paid up. Maybe the bank will let you refinance it at a lower rate and with a lower interest rate. There is alot of community help also. Check with salvation army or good will, or united way, or community action groups. Is your hubby getting unemployment? Maybe even welfare can help you. Try all of these. It can't hurt. GOOD LUCK!!!