PDA

View Full Version : need help with AOL

intimidator329
11-06-2003, 11:01 AM
I need to cancel my AOL account. I signed up using the free 2 months because my MSN account has been messed up. I only signed on to AOL one time only to download some thing MSN sent me to fix my problem. That was on 9/22/03. I haven't used AOL since then and now I need to cancel (I kept AOL this long just incase I had more problems with MSN)
Anyway. I forgot my AOL screen name and I need to retrieve it.
I cant afford to be billed by MSN and AOL.
HELP?? I tried contacting AOL by email but I have to know my account info. I tried calling and I need my account info for that too.

LOONEYMAMA
11-06-2003, 11:46 AM
have you gotten any emails from AOL? Maybe your screen name could be in an email.

intimidator329
11-06-2003, 11:47 AM
I can't get my emails until I log in. Since I don't have my screen name, I can't get into anything.

intimidator329
11-06-2003, 11:56 AM
I can't remember my email either. I wrote it down but I can't find the piece of paper. with everything going on right now I can barely remember my own name. AOL tech won't give me my info because of security reasons. This person didn't really want to help me because I didn't want to keep Aol and I've had msn for three years. She said MSN have had millions of complaints against them and AOL has a good service record. and AOl is cheaper than MSN.
MSN is only 21.95 and my dad pays 23.95 for AOL. How is it cheaper?
I only wanted my info not a lecture about having MSN as she said" the worse internet service a human being could possibly have."

feliciac
11-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Or you could call back and make sure they know that you are going to post complaints on every website you can find unless they help you. They should have other questions they can ask to get you your email address back. Amd I hate to say it, and it's kinda off topic, but most people who I know have aol have it because it is all that is offered in their area or it is too hard to cancel. Hmmm, kinda makes ya wonder.

intimidator329
11-06-2003, 12:59 PM
I just got off the phone with a nice lady who said I didn't need my screen name. She just asked my name and address and the security question. She did offer to extend my free trial for another three months but I didn't want the hassle of remembering to cancel again.
She said the lady didn't need to be rude. She said the calls are monitored and hopefully hers will be looked at.

I hope everything goes thru and I don't have to mess with calling them again or my account being charged.

intimidator329
11-06-2003, 01:07 PM
I hope so. I would hate to have to go through all that again.
If hubby wasn't at work, I would have him do it. He can get anything done.

schsa
11-06-2003, 06:06 PM
The Feds are up AOL's Bu** right now because of their failure to cancel people's subscriptions. I am surprised that they even gave you any grief because they are about to be sued by a ton of people and agencies for not complying with the customer's request to cancel their subscription. If you get billed again, go to CNN and look in the technology section and you will see tons of articles on the law suits against them. Call them and tell them that you are reporting them to the agency that is going after them and that you are joining the class action suit against them if they do not cancel your subscription right then and there.

Angelbear3
11-08-2003, 12:43 AM
If you ever need help with MSN let me know... I do tech support for them... and by the way... I used to LOVE aol... until I started working for MSN and see how many of their customers they have call us because they don't want to tell them to call the maker of the computer or Windows itself... because those cost money.... hmmmmm.... lazy?