PDA

View Full Version : Can I please have abreakdown yet? On top of everything WORK crap

SouthOSane
11-06-2003, 12:20 AM
On top of everything else work is being a bugger. This past week has cinched it for me (thank GOD a custmer of mine has an in for a new job for me). I do a few promo’s here & there, plus other projects I could, but don’t, charge money for, for them to make more money (figuring if they’re making money, I’m making money, I do this stuff off the clock in my free time). (Trying to make long stories short here.).
I’m the only person in my area who has stuck thru the thick & thin, when my boss quit, I covered her shifts, it has gotten to a point where hubby called in one day to ask if I could please visit home.
Thru all that my owner asked if I could take over some of her (old manager’s) tasks, but not be a boss BUT with more pay, I said sure. So another manager (not my area, but SUPPOSED to be my friend) just wouldn’t let that stuff go to me, guess she felt insulted (they didn’t want to dump everything on her, I was willing to do it). Since then it’s been child-ish. She re-hired a friend of hers (for TWO!!! shifts a week, I work 5+++, plus off time stuff), who had worked there before (and had quit because she wasn’t promoted over my old boss, there’s a ton of reasons I know from knowing them both she wasn’t promoted before), this friend has gotten away with murder, trying to look like she’s the best, even told me her problem with me is that “I’ve been there so long and been the #1 is why she’s been an ass to me” (WTF?!?!?). Whenever I’d ask off I’d have to cover the new/rehire’s shifts (because she has to close two nights in a row….ummm I do every other night but those two nights..)
I’ve seen her try to make herself look great and ANYONE else look bad (pointing out stupid things, after she knew why they were [very very simple things like plugging in a set of lights dayshift had forgotten, and I had said day shift usually forgets just plug them in{they’re something new to do}, but I didn’t have time to] to try to “up” herself to the bosses).
So this weekend I was there Friday 9pm – 1am, Sat. 9am – (scheduled) 9pm.
Any weekend before when I have worked with the same damned person, when I was closing, if I asked them to stay 10 minutes so I could eat (I’m hypoglycemic), they pitched a fit so I said never mind and put that place and person before me. Saturday PM after I had lived there when I was scheduled to be off I was done (I clocked out at 9:07, my work was done, I was done), EVERY customer had left at the same time I did, so when that person asked me to stay so they could eat I said “NO” (they never stay for me, they had no reason they couldn’t eat, EVERYONE LEFT). I felt like crap (I’m sick to boot). I sat and had one drink (try to loosen the cough up & sleep well) while I called hubby to see if he wanted take-away (I NEEDED to eat and was ready to get away from there) and wait 5 minutes to give a co-worker/friend a ride home (the way I felt, she had left her ciggies in my car, and I didn’t turn around to give them to her, which is unlike me). I got home hubby ended up going out to get me take-away (while he griped at me for half falling asleep and not just going to bed), because my co-worker was such an ass to me for not staying on I decided not to bother to get any. (Which was dumb, I know, I could has passed out, esp. having a drink in me, please don't scold me, esp. after these weeks)
Sunday when I went back in (I really did live there this weekend)I caught grief, for not staying so the person, who was there 6-7 hours compared to my 12 (on no sleep), could eat. Nobody asked me all day (Saturday)if I had time to eat. All they did was ***** all day that I’d better not fall asleep (to which at one point I’d had enough and told them it wasn’t me who’d fall asleep at work, it was the manager’s friend, and customers saw this and woke her, which is true and on tape should they look)..So, I’ve taken a week off to get a break, yes it’s going to hurt financially, but we’ll get over it, on top of everything else I can’t deal with my co-worker & work BS right now. SO WHY DO I FEEL SO DARNED WRONG TAKING TIME FOR ME?!?!?!?!?!?

schsa
11-06-2003, 07:53 AM
You are playing "perfect employee" and the only thing it will get you is grief. Time to stop doing this to yourself before you collapse or have a nervous breakdown. Your family is suffering. Your husband would like to see you on occassion. And you are not happy.

Get out and find another job. Your boss is using you because you have been so flexible and if you try and stop it now, it will look as if you are being unreasonable and uncooperative.

The best thing is that you have more skills than the average person working your job. Therefore you should be able to command a higher salary than most.

SouthOSane
11-06-2003, 11:24 PM
I felt so much better after just venting it, but you're right. I am finishing my last two promises to them (giving them 1 week to get final ok's to me, I won't do the printing etc, this time, but I will give them the documents on disk) and decided to use my week to search for a new job, I'm not happy. I'm not sure about "perfect employee" LOL I do work hard to TRY to get ahead and do my job, but I'm stuck at a brick wall and you know really a "thank you" would be great, but instead if I don't keep everyone happy I catch heck..one of the new-hires (we have a HIGH turn around rate) said to me that an older employee told them to ask me to do something "just because she'd say yes"...

I'm so over it..I should negotiate a letter of reccomendation out of it..

just editing to add a ps...I do really do envy people who can go to work, and go home, and when something happens can say "not my job or problem"