PDA

View Full Version : prayers needed

treasurymae
11-05-2003, 04:13 PM
sometimes i hate being away from home. all my family lives close to each other and i'm out in a whole other state. I feel bad that i cant be there to help my sister who is having a horrible time with her pregnancy. Mom called to say they are planning on moving her from Norman to Ou hospital in OKlahoma city. Have her on steriods, to make babys lungs grow stronger. Giving her demoral ? on spelling, she has been having contractions for 3 days ... They are giving her stuff to stop contractions. She had a stitch put in a couple months ago .. they said if she didnt have that the baby would have already come. I have daughter in shcool, husband cant take off work and 80.0 0 dollers in bank that has 2 last until the 15th. No need to reply just pray my sister and her baby will be ok. she has already lost one this year, and when my neice was born she was born at 6months also weighed a little over a pound , had to be in hospital for several months , then came home with a heartmonitor for several more months . I just pray this baby will be ok. Didnt have time to give my sister steriods last time. Anyone ever had to take steriods to help baby's lungs develop?

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-05-2003, 04:24 PM
With my first son, I went into labor at 24 weeks,we were military and our small hospital couldn't handle a preemie,so a CHP helicopter flew me to Travis AFB (David Grant Medical Center) had medications and bed rest,they stopped I was still in hospital at 26 weeks when they started again (I got up for a 5 minute shower) back on meds,they stopped, 28 weeks started again this time nothing stopped them,gave me steroids "just in case" 28 weeks 6 days my bag fell out with my sons foot (bag still intact) emergency c-section at 12:24 am 29 weeks exactly, I had my son....almost 3 pounds. Today he will be 20 in December and healthy as can be. Now 20 years ago they didn't have the resources as they do today,so have faith...they will both be fine. :)

Sending good thoughts and prayers

jaybird
11-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Hang in there sweetie. Your sister and her baby will be fine. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. When's her due date and how 'early' will they let her deliver? How far is she?

Bohemut
11-05-2003, 04:33 PM
((((( treasurymae & sister)))))

I had my DD at 26 weeks. She weighed 2 lbs 1/2 oz. She is now 19, almost 20, and healthy. As DBD says they didn't have the resources then they do now. Everything should be okay. :)

BTW they gave me magsulfate to make her lungs start working. It made me sick, but it was worth it because she could breathe just fine a day after she was born.

ajksmom
11-05-2003, 06:23 PM
Praying for your sister, sounds like she is in good hands.

~Roxy~
11-05-2003, 07:21 PM
((((((Hugs&Prayers))))))

nanajoanie
11-05-2003, 07:27 PM
You are in our prayers dear. Lots of folks are pulling for your sister and her precious little one. Think good thoughts and please don't give up.

heartlvrs
11-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Hugs and MANY prayers!

treasurymae
11-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Thank you all so much for your prayers. We thought she was doing so much better after they had put in the stitch. She was gaining weight and not being as sick as she was. And now this.

jaybird

I think My sister is about 25 weeks along. She is due around the 17th of febuary. My mom said she has been staying pretty druged so i havent wanted to call her room and bother her. I know she needs all the rest she can get. I know that premies can survive because she had my niece at about 25 or 26 weeks along. But it was just a touch and go for awhile after she had her. I mean she only weighed a little over a pound and she looked so tiny and week in that incubator. My sister was so strong during that time. I dont know how she did it . I know she will be strong again, i just cant help but worry. My mom said the dr is hoping to try and postpone the delivery for 2 or 3 weeks to help the baby develope better but as of tonight her contractions havent slowed much. My mom said she is all bruised from the shots she has been getting. We know that the baby is a boy, and she is gonna name him Thomas Lee. This will be my sisters last baby, it is just to risky for her and her babies. She knew the risk ahead of time but she has always wanted alot of kids. I just pray that Thomas Lee will be happy and healthy.

I'm sorry for rambeling on so long but like i said everyone lives over 8 hrs away. I'm just glad she has my mom with her. I just wish thanksgiving would hurry up and get here , So i can go down and see them.

GeThang
11-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Prayers are coming that way ((((HUGS))))

jcw
11-05-2003, 10:27 PM
praying for sis and baby

peaceluver
11-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Sending prayers to you and your family.

Merry99%
11-06-2003, 12:27 AM
Said prayers for them both:)

fatesfaery
11-06-2003, 01:59 AM
{{{{{treasurymae}}}}}

My grandson Ian was born at 25 1/2 weeks. He weighed 2 lbs 1/2 oz. and was 13 inches long. He stayed in NICU for 4 months, much of that time on a ventilator. He has had 4 surgeries and was on oxygen until he was 7 months old. They were in a different state and it drove me crazy being so far away and not getting to see him often.

He's 17 1/2 months old now, and you'd never know what he went through when he was born. He's walking, climbing, talking (mine is his favorite word). They have the technology to do truly amazing things with preemies these days.

I'll keep you, your sister and the baby in my thoughts.

BeanieLuvR
11-06-2003, 07:53 AM
Praying for your sister and her baby.