PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!! Is it ok to have an opinion???

ezmoney163
11-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Ya know I am so POed right now. Usually I keep my mouth closed and never say a word about anything that has gotten to me, but when I see something that just irrates me and I say JMHO I am tired of this, someone has to be pissy with me and report me to mods for having an opinion. Well ya know what that is just bull. I am a nice person , I get along with everyone, but this particular topic I replied to people did not like that I had an opinion. I was basically saying "Get over it" "Move on, life goes on" . I am so mad I just can not get over this certain person reporting me. I am so mad that apparently I am not allowed to voice my opinion. For those of you who know me, you know I usually say nothing, but I think this is a bunch of bull to not be allowed to say my thought about things, then someone because they do not like what I say have to report me. Am I right or wrong?? The way I feel right now (and it may be my pregnant hormones) I think that if you do not want to have peoples real opinions then maybe we need to live in a cave..... JMHO

To me people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. You will soon need to replace all the windows.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I needed to get this off my chest........

momfromTN
11-04-2003, 05:19 PM
ITA!

sea-shell
11-04-2003, 05:32 PM
If you post something in the Vent/Whine Forum then you have to expect everyone to have an opinion. Of course thats just my opinion.

justme23
11-04-2003, 05:32 PM
If I am thinking of the right thread, while I actually agreed w/ YOU, I probably would not have posted what you did to just a simple update... it's not like she kept it on the top of the first page for weeks ranting and raving, she only posted an update. I, myself, probably would have let it go rather than putting the energy in to reporting anyone but I did not see anything wrong w/ her posting an update... especially since she turned out to be right in her original gut feelings about it being a lie. JMHO.

ezmoney163
11-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by sea-shell
If you post something in the Vent/Whine Forum then you have to expect everyone to have an opinion. Of course thats just my opinion.

This is what I think too. JMHO ;)

Originally posted by justme23
I did not see anything wrong w/ her posting an update... especially since she turned out to be right in her original gut feelings about it being a lie. JMHO.

And since she was right with her gut feeling I am sorry I doubted her, but like everyone else in this free world I am entitled to how I feel. And for this I do not think I need to be reported, do you??

zitra
11-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by sea-shell

I agree that all opinions should be allowed as long as they are not rude or hateful...

Dolly<3
11-04-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by ezmoney163
"Get over it" "Move on, life goes on"

:p

zitra
11-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ezmoney163
This is what I think too. JMHO ;)

And since she was right with her gut feeling I am sorry I doubted her, but like everyone else in this free world I am entitled to how I feel. And for this I do not think I need to be reported, do you??

Maybe not reported, but I do think it is kind of rude to make a comment about getting over it, just becuase she posted and update on her thread(as I have seen most people posts updates as they occur in threads they have started)...

If somone finds a post to be rude or offensive IMO they have the right to report the post..then it is up to the mods to decide whether they deem it rude or offensive, and take the appropriate action...Anyone has the right to report a post, and if the mods see nothign wrong with the post nothing will be done, unless they find the post in violation of the rules of the board.....

I think this thread will probably also be deleted soon, because I don't believe making posts refering to other members is allowed either.

AweWoman
11-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Well, I vaguely recall the post that I believe you are talking about and I don't recall seeing a personal attack or the likes in the post so I am not sure why anyone in their right mind would report it to a moderator.

Having said that I will say that anytime you have a diverse community of people gathering in one place you will have differing opinions. You can remain civil while voicing your opinion (and believe me I know its hard sometimes).

I will also say that on this board it appears that the moderators have a heavy hand and do not allow any opinions different from the majority to be posted without locking the thread or editing the post in question.

My guess is that this post will be edited, or I will be banned because I have a differing opinion and have spoken freely about it. :D