PDA

View Full Version : Accents...

Mini
11-02-2003, 03:30 PM
I was talking to a friend that lives in Cali. but he use to live in Minnesota(sp?) and he was talking to me about soemthing and I said "oh, thats nice" and he had no idea what i meant. He thought i said nas kinda pronounced naws(hes a rapper if you know about him)so I told him no..and i spelled it out and he was makin fun of me and told me he couldn't understand anything I said..(I should say this was on the phone)

But it's fun sometimes;):D:D

lisarae
11-02-2003, 04:00 PM
That reminds me of the time we visited Cleveland, OH. And we are from Eastern Ky, and have sort of a draw to our accent. My mom went in to a convenience store and asked for a bag of ICE, and the lady couldn't understand her, she thought she was saying a bag of A$$..LOL it was so funny. My aunt had to finally tell the lady what in the world she was talking about.

buttrfli
11-02-2003, 04:38 PM
I have lived in Oklahoma all of my life and never knew I had an accent until we visited Florida last year - everyone kept asking if I was from the south LOL

sinned96
11-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Did I have an Cali accent Mini?

Mini
11-02-2003, 05:44 PM
I dunno..never met anybody from Cali before you:D So I dunno what ya'll are supposed to sound like.

GeThang
11-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Hey Lisarae, I know what you mean, since we live like 15 minutes away from each other. LOL Every time I got up north, everyone has to ask what I said. Boy, when I went to New York, that was funny because everyone in New York seems to talk fast.

atag71
11-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Whe I was in the Air Force, I sat with 3 other friends from around the country and we all kept saying "dog" for about 1/2 hour. We just went back and forth between each other- there was Oklahoma-dog with a long O sound - Lousiana-dawg - northeast i believe Mass- dahg and me from MI- dog...people had to have thought we were all insane!

Gherky
11-02-2003, 08:04 PM
I was born and raised in TN but I don't think I have much of an accent, especially compared to some of the other southerners. I love listening to a deep southern accent.

Duo
11-02-2003, 11:20 PM
ROFLPML :)

All Amercians sound funny to me :) And i have been here for 31/2 years. Im slowly losing my Aussie accent, not as strong as it once was :(

And my do i get odd looks at times and silly questions. And NO i do not know the crocidile hunter! That question drives me nuts :mad:

Peter :)