PDA

View Full Version : 2! 2! 2 vents in one thread!

turbob
11-02-2003, 06:29 AM
1.) Walmart bought the BG's warehouse club where my son was working. They promised to keep the employees. First thing they did was fire everyone who was working there. I am a single parent - my son is in college. We were JUST making it as it was-jobs are NOT easy to come by for him because of his class schedule, etc. I am already working full time during the week and part time on the weekends, so I work 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. WALMART S*CKS.

2.) Why can't our people in Irag come home?????? Everyday they kill some of our people. We are NEVER going to find SAddam. LET OUR PEOPLE come home - some of them have been there for almost a year, and that is WAY to long.How about using some of that money to FEED the people that are going hungry here? I saw on the news last night that the percentage of people that don't eat every day because they cannot afford food is up 8% from last year.WTF? These are not homeless people -these are families!!!! Wonder when the last time Bush went without eating was????

momfromTN
11-02-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by turbob
1.) Walmart bought the BG's warehouse club where my son was working. They promised to keep the employees. First thing they did was fire everyone who was working there. I am a single parent - my son is in college. We were JUST making it as it was-jobs are NOT easy to come by for him because of his class schedule, etc. I am already working full time during the week and part time on the weekends, so I work 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. WALMART S*CKS.

2.) Why can't our people in Irag come home?????? Everyday they kill some of our people. We are NEVER going to find SAddam. LET OUR PEOPLE come home - some of them have been there for almost a year, and that is WAY to long.How about using some of that money to FEED the people that are going hungry here? I saw on the news last night that the percentage of people that don't eat every day because they cannot afford food is up 8% from last year.WTF? These are not homeless people -these are families!!!! Wonder when the last time Bush went without eating was????

Ok, what about food kitchens, food pantries, and food stamps? There are resources to help.
I am sorry to hear about your son's job and I hope he finds another one soon.

Sparkli
11-02-2003, 07:04 AM
i have heard that 1 in 3 families have to choose every month to pay either their rent or buy food for their families... not everyone that cant afford to buy food/rent is qualified for those things that were mentioned. it's sad.

i hope your son finds another job soon. i know how hard it is to find work.... it sucks when no one is hiring.

zitra
11-02-2003, 07:42 AM
I would think since Walmart promised to keep the employees, there should be a legal recouse you son can take...he should be able to take them to court (or at least threaten to) for breach of promise.

turbob
11-02-2003, 07:50 AM
momfromTN - I am lucky enough to have food pantries around me than I can go to- I have already been using them.Believe it or not, I make too much money to get food stamps, even though I pay one utility one month and another the next.My point is not for myself-it is for everyone in this county (and even people here on this board) that don't eat so that their kids can. The food pantries are turning away people without food because their gov. funding has been cut.Don't get me wrong - I pray every day for our soldiers - I just think the money we are spending in other countries could be used better here.

BeanieLuvR
11-02-2003, 08:37 AM
:( :( :( :( :(

Dolly<3
11-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Wow. I think it's just great that you are working SO hard to send your son to college. It's so touching. A lot of people would let their kids drop out of school to get a full time job and help with the bills. I think it's amazing what you both are doing, and I'm so so sorry it's so hard.

You should be SO proud of yourself and your son. I wish you both the best of luck!

turbob
11-02-2003, 01:22 PM
My son is a great kid. He has always- even when he was little- understood that our lives were going to be harder than some peoples. He never asked for things he knew I couldn't give him. I just want him to finish school so that he doesn't have to live like this always. Doesn't everyone want better for their children than they had?

AngelGrim
11-02-2003, 02:14 PM
do you realize that if you are able to work but can't find work that some states like Iowa will not let you get stamps after 3 months, also, our food pantry here, you can only go to once every 4 months and they give you one little box the size of a case of pop for 2 people. Sorry just defending people that are hungry and want to work but can't find anything and are going hungry.

erniemarie
11-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Ok, what about food kitchens, food pantries, and food stamps? There are resources to help.

there may be resources but they don't help alot of the people who really need it, I lost my job in June and the following month I had no food, no money, was behind on my rent and all my utilities and went to social services for help - they told me that I made too much money during april may and june - they base eligibility on past 3 months income, and they could do nothing for me, I tried some food pantries and was told by most of them that I was not eligible for their assistance because I wasn't eligible for food stamps, so I went into even more dept borrowing money from family and friends trying desperatly to maintain food and shelter while looking for another job and in late August was evicted, so just where these alleged resources were to help me I would like to know

jen-ron
11-02-2003, 09:06 PM
What happened to your sons job bites. Will they let him reapply for the job? It may not be the right thing for them to do but he may be able to get it back.

Also~ I very much want those over in Iraq to come home too. Your right, we can spend the $$ on our own first, BUT~ now dont get mad~ thanks to our gov, we are the ones that made alot of, not all, of the ppl over there homeless due to bombings and fighting. So we do need to think of them a bit some too.

Prayin your son finds a job soon!