PDA

View Full Version : Not a vent, good news about vet bill, a good feeling thread

AngelGrim
11-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Today I had to take my dog puffer up to the vet again as she had a swollen side where her stiches are from the csection, on top of that her outter stiches had come apart about an inch, the vet looked and said that the swollen side, which we had thought the inner stiches had came apart, was actually from an abcess, so it is draining, that is why the stiches came apart abit. Well he said it was a good thing it had, also he put her on more antibiotics, then he told my DH that she is the first chow he has ever liked, she is only part chow but she looks full blooded. Anyways, he said it was because she is so calm and when he put a pill in her mouth and stuck his hand in she didn't even care. Well here is the good news, he didn't charge me for the visit and told me that I can pay as I can on my huge vet bill. Then told me that if I want her spaded in 5 weeks after the pups are weaned, to bring her in, he will spade her then add it to the bill and then just continue paying as I can, 25 every 2 weeks if I can or whatever is workable for me. I about cried, so even though my brother kinda stuck me out in the cold on our truck to pay for this, it is ok, we are still going to be able to afford it. Just a good deal on such a rainy and cold day. Thanks for whoever reads, just a feel good thread!:)

Unicornmom77
11-01-2003, 02:32 PM
OH WOW!! Thanks for sharing AWSOME!!

SilverKittyNH
11-02-2003, 06:22 AM
Glad it worked out for you.

This is a lesson for all with pets. Take your pet to the vet for "normal" care and pay on time and when you are faced with "extraordinary" treatment, your vet will likely work with you for payment.

After all, vets ARE medical professionals and don't really like turning their patients away because their caregiver can't afford to pay in full for treatment. They'd much rather get you on a payment plan to pay for the care....that way, the pet is taken care of and the vet isn't taken advantage of. Just stay with the payment plan so that your pet's health is not put in jeopardy.

reneep45
11-02-2003, 08:44 AM
At the vet i worked at we did the spay & c-section at the same time
the animal only had to have one operation that way & saves the owner alot of money

AngelGrim
11-02-2003, 11:45 AM
They couldn't do the csection and spay her at the same time, she was already in crisis with the delivery so it would have caused severe shock the vet told me, he is working with us on the payments as we have taken all 5 of our dogs to him regularly for years, it is not a normal thing he said but he trusts us:)