PDA

View Full Version : update on my finger

intimidator329
10-31-2003, 01:07 PM
Ithought I already did this but i guess I didn't. My brain is so fried.
Went to the hand clinic at UofL and they practically laughed at me.
this was after they got MAD at me.
these drs are jerks.
we waited what seemed like forever to be seen and then when I'm finally seen , I felt like I was in a McD's drive thru.
The doc comes in, looks at my finger say there's nothing there. We tell him we have the x-rays and the radiologist from the clinic gave a report and there is something in my finger. The dr loks at the x-ray and says that he doesn't want to take it out and proceeds to leave the room. It like hello, goodbye, and NEXT?
Hubby went after the doc and told him the er doc said that you guys would take it out. The doc started yelling at us and said the er doc had no right to say that. He wasn't a hand surgeon, we were and he shouldn't of said anything. we know whaT WE'RE DOING, THEY DON'T HAVE CLUE...blah,blah,blah. i asked the doc what am i suppose to do, everytime i hit my finger it hurts like he!!. He said he didn't want to do anything cuz he would have to make this huge inscion(sp? brain on lock down) and go digging around and he wouln't find anything and i would be in more pain and this and that, Basically saying he didn't want to mess with it. I said I wanted it out cuz it's killing me. it's been in there for three months and it's not getting any better and i'm tired of hitting it . I'm tired of it filling up with blood when i hit it.
He says, come back in three weeks and maybe it'll be out then. If it hasn't come out in three months then how is it suppose to work its way out in three weeks?
I'm suppose to soke it twice a day for 20 minutes. So far nothing.
I hit again the other day and it's all red. I'm wearing the splint but I have to take it off to showwer or soak it and that's when I hit it.
I hate not having insurance. If I had insurance, I could see my orthopedic who removed the cyst on my tendon and I know he could get rid of this. he charges 150 a visit so there is no way of seeing him.
Sorry for the typos. I'm wearing the splint. I took the braces off my hands so I could at least somewhat type. My right hand is killing me rigfht now.

zitra
10-31-2003, 02:14 PM
((((HUGS)))) I don't know why some people are such jerks!!

Blackberry
10-31-2003, 03:53 PM
{{{intimidator329}}}

I hope it works it's way out somehow so you don't have to go back to those Dr.'s. Some doc's just think they are gods--all seeing and all knowing. :rolleyes: