PDA

View Full Version : No advice, just good thoughts(and a vent)

DivineMsDi
10-31-2003, 09:42 AM
I hope you get something sorted out. Isn't it wonderful to live in the richest country in the world and not have decent benefits? My husband's job keeps cutting ours. We don't have dental, only did with one job briefly in both of our years of working. Our DS needs to go, but they want $$$. Also, tell me if I am out of line, but dentists have this way of tut-tuting when you say you have not been to the dentist in years. Not everyone has dental plans. Even the doctors expect you to get test after test or lingering treatments while your benefits barely cover part of it.

This is just a travesty of our society.

I hope you can get the work done. Good luck, and know you are NOT alone.

DivineMsDi
10-31-2003, 09:52 AM
Supposed to be a reply, not a new post....too much sugar today.....lol

rugratsX2
10-31-2003, 12:43 PM
Also, tell me if I am out of line, but dentists have this way of tut-tuting when you say you have not been to the dentist in years.
I just wanted to say I agree here 100%. I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in about 11 years (I FINALLY have insurance, lol) I totally felt like a child getting scolded.
I know you posted this by accident, I just wanted to agree. LOL.

SouthOSane
11-02-2003, 10:47 PM
DivineMsDi & rugratsX2 Thank you, I have been scolded so much this week..maybe I should stand in a corner

Di, you're not out of line, I remember getting a note from DS's school w/ an article from the newspaper for low income children to get free dental care saying maybe this would take care of him..we are not low income (yet we cannot afford everything)..a million people are worse off then I am, I do not qualify for anything, why would I qualify for low income or bump someone more deserving out..give me time I figure it out..

Also, it so irks me seeing on TV or whatever else all the "poor kids in other countries" when ones in our own are suffering because their parents are trying for a better life..

gonna get off my soapbox now, I've had the week from hell, and it's continuing, so I'm a little gripe-y....