PDA

View Full Version : my mail man sucks

tigerskiss1963
10-30-2003, 02:26 PM
our regular mail man is on vaction so we are stuck with a moron
who get the mail here very late at about 6:30pm the lateset was 7:00 pm.
iam thinking about killing the S.O.B
he has caused more problems with paying bills making calls
i mean dam how come he comes so late he is hanging out the bar or
somr other place because i saw the mail truck eariler but no mail man
until late.
if i get hold to the little S.O.B i will wring his little farking neck.
please forgive me iam very angry i must be losing my mind.:rolleyes:

azwup05
10-30-2003, 02:43 PM
I would love to see you get out there and try it, right now, at this time of year. This is the peak of bulk mail. I sam sorry for being rude, I am a regular carrier that was out there late today too, volume has been extremely heavy and we are all running later. Especially rural routes.

Gitty
10-30-2003, 02:44 PM
You can call your local post office and ask for the post master and tell them about the problem. And maybe they can get it fixxed. The post master doesn't know what the drivers are doing, unless someone tells them. Good Luck.

tigerskiss1963
10-30-2003, 02:52 PM
first off i do not live on a rural route
i live in a city and the mail around here does not get heavy until november and we still get our mail on time.
i see no excuse for a 7:00 pm delivery
this is not our regular mail man he is here until the the other one comes back.
i will be so happy when he does.
and dont go postal on me again

zitra
10-30-2003, 02:54 PM
I live in a small town and don't get the mail til around 3 p.m. That has always bee nthe norm, no matter what carrier I have, I would assume the larger the town the longer the wait..

ttistin
10-30-2003, 02:57 PM
we live right in town and we get our mail between 9 and 10, that is so much diffrent then what it used to be before we moved here. it used to be 4-5pm. I hated that. lol

I hope your regular mail man hurrys home.

Technologist
10-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Did you ever think that maybe the replacement carrier is doing TWO routes everyday... his regular route and his coworker's (who is on vacation)???

Or maybe it is a temp, that is not familiar with the area...

But I must say your comment about him sitting in a bar all day was definitely uncalled for...

As for calling someone you don't know a moron and an S.O.B.... Iwon't even comment on that!

Try walking outside and talking with the replacement, instead of complaining...

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-30-2003, 03:20 PM
UUMMMM~ I was a casual carrier for a year (time allowed) and when I started I had THREE days to learn TWO routes,the ones I would do when the regulars were off.I was out late because IT ISN'T EASY AS IT APPEARS...follow your mail they say..ok fine..where in the hell do people hide there damn boxes..numbers missing..I can't tell you how many times I had to turn around and diliver something I didn't have in order...give him/her a break.And not all carriers are from the town they are hired to be replacements in...I didn't know where the streets were :mad:

Kelsey1224
10-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Yea...I'm with Tech on this one. I have a couple of friends who are letter carriers. When they first started, they were back-up carriers who filled in for other carriers out sick or on vacation. As a result, they were doing different routes all the time.

So...in addition to being new to the job...they had new routes every couple of days or so.

Naturally, they would take much longer than the regular carrier ever would. Plus...they had to deal with irate people who didn't understand the dynamic of their daily job.

I can't imagine how mail being late could effect bills being paid on time if they were paid timely to begin with. It is definitely an annoyance...I understand that. But, I'm not sure it is deserving of such rage. As for going postal...it sounded more to me like you were the one in danger of doing that.

JMHO...

Trying doing what you signature line says...pet a kitty...it will lower your blood pressure.

AweWoman
10-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by tigerskiss1963
our regular mail man is on vaction so we are stuck with a moron
who get the mail here very late at about 6:30pm the lateset was 7:00 pm.
iam thinking about killing the S.O.B
he has caused more problems with paying bills making calls
i mean dam how come he comes so late he is hanging out the bar or
somr other place because i saw the mail truck eariler but no mail man
until late.
if i get hold to the little S.O.B i will wring his little farking neck.
please forgive me iam very angry i must be losing my mind.:rolleyes:

What is the problem? Get a grip on yourself. I, and it appears others, don't understand how your bills could be late because the postperson delivers the mail late. Would you care to explain how tis could be?

Geez....

laughsalot
10-30-2003, 04:13 PM
walking away from this one

zitra
10-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by DAVESBABYDOLL
UUMMMM~ I was a casual carrier for a year (time allowed) and when I started I had THREE days to learn TWO routes,the ones I would do when the regulars were off.I was out late because IT ISN'T EASY AS IT APPEARS...follow your mail they say..ok fine..where in the hell do people hide there damn boxes..numbers missing..I can't tell you how many times I had to turn around and diliver something I didn't have in order...give him/her a break.And not all carriers are from the town they are hired to be replacements in...I didn't know where the streets were :mad:

my reg. carrier lives about 2 towns away from where I do...

tigerskiss1963
10-30-2003, 05:39 PM
i know for a fact he hangs out the bar
and some times dunkin doughnuts
some body else that lives on the block tried to speak with
him only to be told get lost.
and he does live about 2 blocks away from us so he knows the area
and my house is a 2 family the address is very large numbers
and there are only 2 mail boxes the land lords and ours.
the name are very visable.
i have alot of fact about this mail man that you do not.
have so i do know what iam talking about.

tigerskiss1963
10-30-2003, 05:43 PM
and far has the bills go some time we get a notice saying if we call
by say 2:00 we can make a payment plan.
and get a bill paid faster.
and some the bill collector can not call my house.

nosamiam
10-30-2003, 05:48 PM
She's just venting. Everyone just let it go. If you don't like what she has to say then hit the back button!

Xica
10-30-2003, 05:54 PM
I called the PO once because by 5pm my mail hadn't arrived. I was told they were to deliver it no later than 8pm, which surprised me. I had been used to getting my mail by 11am.

AweWoman
10-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by tigerskiss1963
and far has the bills go some time we get a notice saying if we call
by say 2:00 we can make a payment plan.
and get a bill paid faster.
and some the bill collector can not call my house.

Instead of spending time griping about him here why don't you do something if you have the facts to back up your accusations? Place a call to the Post Master.

Angelseyes28
10-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by nosamiam
She's just venting. Everyone just let it go. If you don't like what she has to say then hit the back button!

I couldn't agree more but since it seems no one knows how to use the back button I am closing this. Sorry tigerskiss1963.