PDA

View Full Version : so ticked i could spit!

1tiredmom
10-29-2003, 10:01 PM
as some of yall know i moved from st. bernard la. to poplarville ms back in january-well my daughter nikki had a dentist appointment down in chalmette (she has braces & we have this bill paid in full ) after we went & grabbed something to eati went to sav-a-center for their bogof that ended today. i printed their bar code from value page(the website that askes what store winn dixie, albertsons, & them)when i got to the check out the cashier she looks at it & in this smart-a** voice says "& just what is this?" i told her what it was and all she had to do was scan it & give it back to me or throw it away-.she says i have never seen any thing like this have you& shows it to another cashier to which she then says "just where did you get this?" all this time they are paging for the mgr to copme see it-he finally comes & asks me the same thing saying they have never seen it before & starts telling me about not accpting computer generated coupons. (i knew this already from reading about this here)and precedes to go get a sign advising of this-i asked him "are you giving this to me & he said no i want you to read it-this really did me in-then the cahier precedes to scan the items that i had put on the counter to be checked out-as i stood there i got more ticked off & after all this was done & the cashier said in a sing song voice "do you have a super saving card(now mind you she had all my coupons, card, as well as the paper i was questioned about-i told her no took my coupons & card & walked out leaving all on the counter-& left-
I guess i was wrong for doing what i did but; i am normally very tolerate when dealing with cashiers, etc... cause i know what it's like to deal with the public(10 yrs w/telephone company as a service rep)- i just felt this was like i can't even explain it--guess i should go to the dr's and get a higher dosage of prozac--thanks for whoever is out there and reading this letting me get this off my chest-

jonette5
10-29-2003, 10:13 PM
You did the right thing by leaving. There was no excuse for the behavior of those people. I would leave a complaint on planet feedback.

peaceluver
10-29-2003, 10:46 PM
I can relate to this but my story is not as bad. I am at the check out in deals and they have these cute candy cane ornaments hanging up(you know the big ones). I said I also want 2 of those candy canes. The cashier looks at me and says in that smart voice, well I have to have them to scan them. So my friend goes over and tries to get them down, and I said can you reach them and she said I think. I said just as smart as the cashier, well if you can I want two, if you cant just forget it. Then the cashier walks over and gets two of them. My biggest problem besides her smart voice was that me and my friend are short and these where hanging up. Duh get me a dang ladder and I will gladly get me own.
I think cashiers should understand they are there to serve us not the other way around. Also I worked as a cashier for about 5 years and I treated everyone with respect and helped them as much as possible.

amysusi
10-30-2003, 09:13 AM
I was a cashier for just over 20 months. The rudest I ever got was not telling a woman to have a good day. She called me an idiot because she thought I didn't count the change to her right, and then said I wouldn't know how to if it wasn't for computers. Whatever!! I learned how to count change in 5th grade!! And when you have a million produce and procedure codes in your head, counting out change without looking at the register would be very time consuming (and then she probably would have jumped down my throat for that). I wasn't as lucky as the courtesy clerk. She yelled at him because she thought he didn't know how to bag her groceries (duh, anybody knows not to put grapes in the same bag with a cantaloupe.) When he was done, he walked away. Then she rudely refused to give me her phone # for her check. Hello! I have your address, I could come to your house! Me and all the "idiot" cashiers could get together and egg your house! Sorry for rambling, but I never got the chance to vent about it. Because of my experience, I am sympathetic to all cashiers. I know it's not their fault if something scans wrong, but I do expect them to do something to fix it. But being rude and snotty is totally unacceptable, and really bad for business. IMO, any rude emplyee should be reported to the higher authorites so they know there is someone in their company bringing their business down. Can you imagine anyone wanting someone working for them that is ruining the business?:confused:

Dolly<3
10-30-2003, 10:38 AM
:eek: They are ALL rude, even the manager!! :mad: Don't feel bad for walking out. I think most people would!

I don't know about this barcode thing, but is it on their official website? What's it for? If it's legitimate and they're supposed to accept it then I would call the company and tell them they didn't accept it AND were VERY rude to you.

I hope you have another store to go to b/c they don't deserve you.

1tiredmom
10-30-2003, 10:45 AM
thank all of you for hearing me out -it makes me fell a lot better-btw i wrote their headquartes a letter put the piece of paper i was talking about, my grocery list and my savings card
thank again

laughsalot
10-30-2003, 04:55 PM
You did the right thing! Way to go on writing to the headquarters as well.:D LEt us know what happens!