PDA

View Full Version : what the fark ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

renrut*
10-29-2003, 04:03 PM
ok after 5 months without a job, i got hired at arbys as a manager in training at decent pay. well 2 months after starting i hurt my back at home and have been on restrictions for the last 3 months. well my boss called me in her office today and said the d.m.-district manager- said to her that since i cant do the manager job because of my back, they are gonna lower my pay a dollar a hour. yeah whatever. they can kiss my arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im the best frontline person they have. im not working doing what i can do, with the experience i have for fricken 7.00 a hour. ill quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought it was illegal,but i called the labor board and they said they can. so i said, ok if i work at a job for 15 years and i make 20.00 a hour, they can all of a sudden tell me they are cutting my pay to 6.00 a hour and thats ok? and she said yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this world makes no sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AweWoman
10-29-2003, 04:36 PM
It is legal for them to change your pay if you cannot do the job that you were hired to do.

I wouldn't quit though until you find another position.

Good luck.

ezmoney163
10-29-2003, 07:24 PM
So sorry to hear that really bites!!

renrut*
10-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by AweWoman
It is legal for them to change your pay if you cannot do the job that you were hired to do.

I wouldn't quit though until you find another position.

Good luck.

but i can. it says nothing about a manager has to work a certain amount of hours!!!!! my restrictions are 20 hours a week and nothing lifting over 5 pounds, but managers dont lift anything heavy anyways-lol so really, i can do what the job describes!!

nightrider127
10-29-2003, 07:38 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I got a $2 an hour pay cut a few months ago when I was more or less forced into going to day shift. They got around it by offering to let me go to second shift, which I could not do since I like to see hubby who is a third shift employee at another place.

Guess I should change my name to Dayrider127.

laughsalot
10-29-2003, 09:52 PM
I am sorry that they are doing that to you. IT sucks!

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-30-2003, 05:18 AM
Be happy you have a job the way the economy is...but yep that does bite as ezmoney said.How long are you on restrictions for? Will they increase your pay when they are lifted?

AweWoman
10-30-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by renrut
but i can. it says nothing about a manager has to work a certain amount of hours!!!!! my restrictions are 20 hours a week and nothing lifting over 5 pounds, but managers dont lift anything heavy anyways-lol so really, i can do what the job describes!!

In your original post you said that you couldn't perform the duties due to a restriction and now you are saying that you can. Which one is it?

renrut*
10-30-2003, 09:46 AM
the d.m said i couldnt do it.

i can i think they are just trying to get out of it, caus ei said, if i get off restrictions right now, can i still have it? she said hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i dont know, we would have to talk about it. so i know its just an excuse

ieatalot
10-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by renrut

When I was a manager for Arby's I had to unload the truck that brought the supplies every week & there was lifting required to do that part.

I hope you find another job though & that your back gets better soon.

Dolly<3
10-30-2003, 10:44 AM
If your only restrictions are not working more than 20 hrs. a week and not lifting over 5lbs - which you didn't do before - then I don't see what the problem is. It sounds like you're still doing what you've been doing since you started.