PDA

View Full Version : DS died after accident

Jojess4
10-29-2003, 02:28 PM
I lost my son one month ago to a train accident. I am having a hard time finding "joy in my trial". I was wandering if anyone had any good resources that I could read or employ. I am having a hard time reading my bible, but I pray faithfully. I know I may never have true understanding of why, but I need something to help me to see the good in this. All I feel is pain. How can God get glory from this? Just thought I would see if anyone knew of something that helped. Thanks.

Lisa03
10-29-2003, 02:43 PM
so sorry about your son

will be saying a special prayer for you to try to help you deal with your loss

((((HUGS))))

Willow
10-29-2003, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

ChristiNate
10-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Our prayers are with you!

(((HUGS)))

~Christi

BeanieLuvR
10-29-2003, 03:33 PM
{{{{Jojess4}}}}

I am praying for you. I am so sorry for your loss. :(

mom2cvam
10-29-2003, 03:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I will keep you in my thoughts.

{{{{{Jojess4}}}}}

chris7360
10-29-2003, 04:15 PM
((((Jojess4)))) I can't even imagine your pain and confusion. I do know that God is there and even in this He will bring good out of it. How? I don't know- all we can do is trust Him, and hope that He someday (soon Lord, please soon) will show you something incredible that has come from your loss. I have prayed for you and will continue to do so, along with all the other good people here. I hope you will take comfort in knowing that others are shedding tears and crying out to our Father for you.

My best advice is to find someone in your church that has been through the loss of a child. They alone can know where you've been and where you're going as you go through the grieving and healing process. By being able to help you through this, a little good will come from their loss, so it will help you both.

May you feel the prayers, hugs, and blessings being sent your way!

angelinwaiting
10-29-2003, 06:17 PM
{{{{{{{{{Hugz}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hon I am so sorry about your son...I have never lost a child and I hope I never have to go through that so I don't have any advice for you....I will be praying for you though...

queenangie
10-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Jojess4, sending you hugs & prayers too!

So sorry for your loss...You are going through a
grieving process that will take much longer than a month.
Give yourself time. FishmansBetrHalf has some great net ideas &
chris7360 also has great one on one thoughts about your church. One of our local funeral homes has a weekly group, which might also be another option for you.

Hugs!

laughsalot
10-29-2003, 09:30 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of hugs to ya!

janelle
10-30-2003, 12:39 AM
I agree with Chris. Lots of churches have greif support groups. It will help to talk to others who are going through the same thing. Will be praying you will receive help from others and the Lord will be with you in your sorrow. He is always there even when we think He is very far away. Huggs.

Merry99%
10-30-2003, 01:00 AM
I'm also so sorry for your loss.You are in my prayers.What has helped me is reading about stages of grief and knowing what to expect helped(not that it all happens) but it helps to understand some.God and his promises have been a great comfort since I lost my Dad last spring.

MySweetLord
10-30-2003, 05:03 AM
from FishmansBetrHalf list~try joining where you can talk with others about how this has affected your faith. Sometimes not being face to face can help you be more honest & open with your feelings.
http://www.childloss.com/

The Prayer and Support Page will now be a message board, where you can enter your requests for prayers and support

You have my prayers

Jasmine22s
11-07-2003, 05:15 PM
This is a bit late. First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. There's a book out there that is really wonderful...I believe the name is Stick a Geranium in Your Hat and Be Happy. The author has been through many trials in her life and shares how she overcame the grief.

ginna74
11-07-2003, 05:45 PM
so sorry for your loss

curlymae29
11-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Jojess4

I so sorry I hadn't read this thread eariler. I am so sorry for your loss. Keep praying. He there. Yell at Him, cry with Him, lean on Him. He's there for you. Even though you may feel that He is at a distance, He's right beside of you. And He'll send you the comfort you need. I praying for you.

God gave me a child to raise as His own
To guide his steps til he is grown.
And when he's grown I'll always be there,
To love and comfort, joys and sorrows to share.
But if my God should take him from me,
Then I know he's where he ought to be.
For he's borrowed from heaven's way,
God wants him back one blessed day.
And if it's sooner than I think it should be,
May God grant this peace and serenity to me.

heartlvrs
11-07-2003, 08:19 PM
I am so truly sorry for your loss....I pray you will receive the comfort and healing you need!

DOOFIS
11-21-2003, 09:05 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband in August in a senseless accident. Someone on here told me to read Life on the Other Side by Sylvia Browne. I love that book. I feel like I have learned so much from it. Even though getting up in the morning is still so so hard I feel like I have some kind of hope and I know he is still here with me and our son.

I hope that things will get easier for you soon. It doesn't get better but I cry less every week and I can put the pain aside for a little while and relax. Hey it must be getting easier today is my husbands birthday and I am saying positive things.

NCgranny
11-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Sorry for everyones loss of love ones, my thoughts and prayers are with you....

S_S29
11-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Hello; I typically lurk on this forum but I registered today because I wanted to reply to you.

I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost your son. If I may, I'd like to share a couple of things as you seek to find comfort and understanding from the grief that surrounds you.

When I have been in situations in which I felt lost and alone, these words of Psalm 139 have reminded me that our lives are not a random series of events based on chance, but rather the results of the sovereign plan of our Father in heaven.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

For Christian parents, sorrow may be God’s chosen method to equip them for greater service to God. “Every branch in Me that bears fruit, He prunes, so that it will bear more fruit,” (John 15:2). It is a common yet apparently sound truism: “God rarely uses a man greatly until he has first wounded him deeply.” I have heard countless testimonies from pastors, missionaries and other committed and faithful believers who suffered some deep personal tragedy, in not a few cases the death of a child. That deep personal tragedy had a transforming effect on their service to God. Often it prepared them to later empathize with others--frequently unbelievers who had endured the same circumstances--and bring them to Christ. Their sorrows abounded to the eternal spiritual benefit of others.

For us to be vessels fit for the Master’s use, we must be pliable in God’s hands, molded by Him into an instrument suitable for His use. This requires that He destroy our self-dependence, subdue our wills to His, and compel us to yield our judgment to His wisdom. The best means to these ends--known only to God and varying in each case--are often difficult, exceedingly painful, and littered with unspeakable sorrow. Yet, they are essential if we are to be good for anything in Christ’s service. The Scriptures mysteriously tell us that even Jesus “learned obedience through the things which he suffered,” (Hebrews 5:8). If suffering was necessary for the sinless Jesus to prepare Him perfectly for God’s service, how much more is it true and necessary for us? God’s design for our lives is most emphatically not to make us happy or prosperous, as so many false prophets claim today, but to make us holy, to conform us to the image of His Son (Hebrews 12:10; Romans 8:28).

As with Job, when we cannot comprehend God’s dealing in our lives, when He multiplies our sorrows, we must yield to His wisdom and power, perhaps not understanding what He is doing or why, but with assurance that He is too wise to make a mistake and too good to do wrong. We must implicitly trust Him in all the circumstances of life, both pleasant and most terrible. And, yes, I know that that is much easier to assert than to do.

When a child dies, or when any tragedy or great personal loss occurs, when deep shadows shroud our path, let us look for God’s hand at work, and draw closer to His side.

I was listening this morning to my favorite hymn; It is Well With My Soul.

The story behind the words (http://www.livinghymns.org/hymn_history.htm) of this hymn; which was written in 1873 by Horatio Spafford; serves as an inspiring testimony of one mans' unwavering FAITH in HIM, even while enduring tagedy and sorrow.

====================
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

In Him,
Ami

MistyWolf
11-30-2003, 10:00 AM
I came across this thread by doing a search and want to say I am very sorry for the loss of your son. I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain you are going through.

There is a book that may help you .. it is called "Talking to Heaven" by James Van Praagh and is really good.

Jojess4
12-01-2003, 03:32 PM
We are doing fine. We have a long road ahead. Thankyou. Please continue to pray for us.

GodsGiftsRFree
12-02-2003, 12:22 PM
I am sooo sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine trying to live without my daughter.
I will continue lifting you and your family up in my prayers.

God bless <><

mentalmom
12-02-2003, 02:00 PM
I cannot even imagine the grief you are in....bless your heart...you will stay in my prayers...