PDA

View Full Version : I'm freezing

intimidator329
10-28-2003, 11:46 AM
My dad is being a total jerk. They've been announcing all summer that the cost of natural gas is going to double compare to last year.
Now my dad is freakin. He won't turn on the heat and it's 60 degrees in the house. It's also raining so there's no hope of sunshine.
He announced that since my brother is moving back home, he can't afford the water or electric or heat anymore.
He's acting like he's dirt poor. He has more money in the bank then the law allows. He just spent $155 at Target yesterday on junk.
He's blaming hubby and I for the high cost of his electric bills.
If he would turn off all 6 of his TVs, yes 6. three in the family room, one in the sunroom, one in the living room and one in his bedroom, all on at the same time. Then they leave every light on in the house. He leaves his computers on all the time. His jacuzzi runs all the time. His last bill was $186. Thats for a quad level house.
Hubby and I paid $204 last july for our bill and that was just for running the air conditioner.
He's being such a &&$(#@&%$(#*)(%#YT(&%$&#)(.
I don't use much electricity. I have a computer which I hibernate at night, One tv we watch, a radio, a phone/answering machine.
I wash clothes once a week, we have to wear our jeans two days in a row if they don't get dirty and I have to take a shower every other day. We have to sponge bath the other days.

It's official. HE!! is freezing over!!!:mad:

ttistin
10-28-2003, 12:12 PM
{{{hugs}}}

zitra
10-28-2003, 12:19 PM
((((HUGS))))

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-28-2003, 03:47 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} I hate to be cold,wrap up in extra layers of clothes :) That's what I do.

mlayton1994
10-29-2003, 06:58 AM
hugs

feliciac
10-29-2003, 08:33 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{intimidator329}}}}}}}}}}}}]

I know it sounds really simple, but drink alot of warm liquids like tea and hot chocolate, it does help some. And I know for me it is easier to stay warm if I keep my feet covered, maybe it will help y'all too. Sorry to hear that things are not going so well with your father, hopefully things get better.

intimidator329
10-29-2003, 11:53 AM
thanks guys, I had a chocolate buzz after drinking about 5 cups of hot chocolate, not to mention a buzz from all the marshmallows.

He did turn on the heat, temporarily. It's not so bad today.
The rest of the week it's suppose to be in the 70's so hopefully the house won't be so cold.

momfromTN
10-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately, it is his house, I am assuming. Put on a sweater. LOL!

Dolly<3
10-29-2003, 02:24 PM
Keep your feet and head covered. Especially your head. I know it helps me a lot! My roommate keeps it cold in here, but I'm always turning it down. After showers, I keep the towel on my head forever it seems, b/c when I take it off it's SO COLD. Maybe you can get him to get you some warm blankets or something.