PDA

View Full Version : Stir Crazy

beanibzerk
10-26-2003, 11:10 PM
I am 32 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins. I have been on bedrest since 26 weeks. I spent a week in the hospital for preterm contractions. I am slowly but surely losing my mind. The one thing I have going for me is that my boss is holding my job for me and is extremely supportive. I am bored and I feel miserable. I know I don't have much longer to go, but it feels like forever. It hurts to lie down, it hurts to sit up, it hurts to walk. I have to pee every few minutes. I am soooooooooo hungry, but when I eat I feel sick. I guess I could go on forever but I am too sick of even thinking about it. I know it will all be worth it when I am holding my two precious babies, but in the meantime I am just depressed. The only time I get out of the house is for my Dr's appt. I get exhausted just walking to the kitchen and back. AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!
ok, thanks for letting me vent and feel sorry for myself. Gonna see if I can sleep now. maybe...I hope...

cpbaby
10-27-2003, 08:08 AM
I was on bedrest for the 1st month and hte last 3 months of my last pregnancy. I can almost understnad what you are going through. (I only had one baby though)

It drove me CRAZY. I read till my eyes crossed, watched TV till I cried at the commercials, talked on the phone til lmy phone bill was outrageous. I have no advice, just know you arent alone.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{huggles}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Good luck with your pretty babies!!!(my daddy is one of the second set of boy/girl twins my grandmother had)

MsLynn
10-27-2003, 09:20 AM
well i was only on bed rest from july 2nd till july 19th, wasn't due till august 14th, but a car wreck started contractions early... I was going totally nuts in that 2 weeks, i can't even imagine being on bedrest that long. GOOD LUCK

schsa
10-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Time to take up knitting. I can't imagine being stuck in bed that long. I would go stir crazy. You need someone to put a bird feeder outside your bedroom window so you can watch the birds come and go. At least that would be a distraction.

Dolly<3
10-27-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by schsa
Time to take up knitting. I can't imagine being stuck in bed that long. I would go stir crazy. You need someone to put a bird feeder outside your bedroom window so you can watch the birds come and go. At least that would be a distraction.

Ooo! Ooo! I saw this thing the other day that you might like if you want to watch birds, beani. http://www.brookstone.com/shop/product.asp?product_code=360230&search_type=search&search_words=t360230

I don't know if that'll help you or not. Are you using a laptop? At least you have the internet. I hope you have big windows and/or lots of natural light.

(((((beanibzerk))))) I feel antsy just thinking about being stuck in bed.

Unicornmom77
10-27-2003, 12:43 PM
Bless your heart hun, Email me if ya need someone to talk to! I could call ya or vice versa, I hope you have them babies soon! And CONGRATS!!!

AngelGrim
10-27-2003, 01:26 PM
If I sleep in for over an hour I get stiff so I can't imagine how you stand it, good luck coping and hope you have a safe delivery. Hugs!!!!

beanibzerk
10-27-2003, 06:12 PM
Thanks everyone. I only have one more week on medication then if I start labor my Dr won't do anything to stop it. Of course knowing my luck the babies will decide not to show up then. I sit up at my puter. Its mostly just being stuck in the house that is driving me nuts. I tried knitting...just can't figure it out. I have read everything in my house. I can't even stand TV anymore. On the other hand, as soon as the babies are born, I will be back on here complaining about how I don't have any free time. LOL. Oh yeah, my long distance bill is no laughing matter.:eek: