PDA

View Full Version : You know when you are in the middle of a trade...

hiltonqueen
10-24-2003, 08:12 AM
and your emailing the person your trading with.... AND THEY DON'T REPLY, but they POST AT BBS???.... :mad: once your posting, the busy excuse flys right out the window :rolleyes:

I mean, what do they think... I'm not going to know that they are ignoring me?? :rolleyes:
I find it hurtful... I try to communicate fully & answer all emails... no matter how tedious.

She'll probably get mad at me for saying something about it, but maybe it'll help her change.

Dolly<3
10-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by hiltonqueen
I find it hurtful...

(((((hilton))))) Don't take it personally. Some people are just irresponsible.

hiltonqueen
10-24-2003, 08:43 AM
I know, I just hold on to things too long. Thanks Amanda :)

cch
10-24-2003, 09:01 AM
I'm really bad about checking one of my email accounts, my msn explorer minimizes to the taskbar so my msn address gets checked all the time, but the one that comes thru outlook express seldome gets checked because I have to go and open it or leave it open which annoys me. It's mostly my IRL friends that have the outlook address and they think I'm ignoring them, but it's really just because I don't check that email account often enough.

teddy2948
10-24-2003, 09:24 AM
<...stepping on soapbox...>

DISCLAIMER: I'm not talking about any ONE person specifically, these are just general observations I have from trades I have been directly invovled in lately so don't take it personally.

Seems to be going on alot more lately. COURTESY COURTESY COURTESY. And like you say whats even worse is when the person is on BBS and even posts but doesnt reply to email. I realize not everyone checks their email everyday, BUT if you are in the middle of trading, then its your responsiblity to keep the other person informed if payments are going to be late or your shipping items late. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be trading.

Personally, I'm tired of having to track down my packages because people don't have the courtesy to say I'm mailing this late etc until AFTER I contact them. Then its like oh yeah, well its late because...Things come up life happens. I think most people here would be understanding. Just let somebody know.

Alot of trades going on now are gifts for holidays etc. I think everyone(and those that are guilty know who you are) need to try and start making a better effort to fulfilling their end of trades and keeping in better contact with people. There's been way to much scamming lately to make trading as much fun as it used to be.

<...stepping down...>

:(

hiltonqueen
10-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by cch
I'm really bad about checking one of my email accounts, my msn explorer minimizes to the taskbar so my msn address gets checked all the time, but the one that comes thru outlook express seldome gets checked because I have to go and open it or leave it open which annoys me. It's mostly my IRL friends that have the outlook address and they think I'm ignoring them, but it's really just because I don't check that email account often enough.

I apreciate your input, but I'd like to make a suggestion...

When you are trading with anyone, use your regular email account because I think that trading is just like a business transaction & I would be super annoyed if a business only checked thier email once or twice a week. If I need imediate answers, I won't hear from you & I'll have to make all of these assumptions, because your unavailable... ya know? Just a suggestion though...

Dragonfairie
10-24-2003, 11:44 AM
There are other things to take into consideration -

Emails aren't always instantly recieved once sent. I have had them take hours and days to reach me or arrive at their destination.

They don't always arrive at their destinations. And you aren't always notified if they "bounce".

They do sometimes get misdelivered ...I have had two instances where the sender replied to an email and for some strange reason the email made it to my account rather than to the account it was meant for.

hiltonqueen
10-24-2003, 12:17 PM
LOL, I know there are server problems & stuff...
I'm sure that she recieved all 3 of my emails & has yet to reply. My question to her was asking if she sent my stuff out on the day she said that she would... if I don't hear from her, it kind-of makes me wonder if she's dodging my emails to avoid the question.

AngelGrim
10-25-2003, 03:48 PM
oops

AngelGrim
10-25-2003, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE}
[B]Seems to be going on alot more lately. COURTESY COURTESY COURTESY.

I agree